Search This thread

rveupen

Jul 1, 2008
Stock??

I am kind of hesitant to install this.
The OP states:
This ROM is completely stock 9.4.2.15 except for:

•Rooted
•Insecure Boot.img (Allows the system to be mounted writable)
•ADB debugging enabled (Allows running logcat if needed)

Yet i read that Accounts & Sync was also removed.
Should that not be stated on the OP or did i miss something concerning what is different compared to stock?

killawatts

Apr 18, 2010
Ottawa
Should that not be stated on the OP or did i miss something concerning what is different compared to stock?

There is no way accounts and sync is removed! I`m running this rom and it is fully functional. It also did not require a wipe upgrading from .14!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I am kind of hesitant to install this.
The OP states:

•Rooted
•Insecure Boot.img (Allows the system to be mounted writable)
•ADB debugging enabled (Allows running logcat if needed)

I updated the OP after adding back in the Asus PC sync app. Accounts and Sync is fine.

youngnex

Sep 29, 2011
Tampa, FL
Yep. Working on a couple bugs but I have to go out of town for a few days for my Grandmother's funeral. :( Roman gave me the go ahead to port and maintain it.

Jermaine151, PlayfulGod compiled AOKP and i released it last night. There are a few bugs. The view is stuck in landscape mode, then you hit the power button it reboots (fastboot though), some of the Rom Controls dont work.

You can check it out here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523011

Feel free to download it and try and fix or compile your own... if you fix these i'll ask a mod to remove mine to eliminate confusion. I am not directing supporting it or working on it. WIP mostly....

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Jermaine151, PlayfulGod compiled AOKP and i released it last night. There are a few bugs. The view is stuck in landscape mode, then you hit the power button it reboots (fastboot though), some of the Rom Controls dont work.

You can check it out here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523011

Feel free to download it and try and fix or compile your own... if you fix these i'll ask a mod to remove mine to eliminate confusion. I am not directing supporting it or working on it. WIP mostly....

Thanks for the heads up. Mine has the same power management bug. If two of us are working on it it'll be stable that much faster.. :)

Edit: after reading your thread, your build sounds like what I have.. I had to stop working on it to drive to Maryland. I just refused to post it with it having the inability to sleep but I'm glad you got it out to others. We will need to include more of the Asus proprietary stuff to have the dock and other Asus stuff working. I'm posting from my prime in a Marriott. LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Arfyness

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Oh yeah! That's the damndest thing! All it did was mount system, extract an apk and an odex and unmount. WTF? LOL

Definitely a learning curve coming from the Incredible. :)

Saw a bunch of your work on the Incredible Jermaine...you do great work!

My prime will be here Monday, just sold my A500 last night.
This will be a good base for me to start with if you don't mind??
At any rate, thanks for your hard work, and looking forward to ripping up yet another Android device! ;)

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Saw a bunch of your work on the Incredible Jermaine...you do great work!

My prime will be here Monday, just sold my A500 last night.
This will be a good base for me to start with if you don't mind??
At any rate, thanks for your hard work, and looking forward to ripping up yet another Android device! ;)

Thanks Bud! Yes, anyone can use this as a base for their roms. The more the merrier. :)

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
So what does this rom do...? Take you back to stock so you can receive OTA's or just give you a stock rom to flash. Or is this a stock rom with newest firmware updates included. Thanks in advance

Spartan301

Jan 10, 2012
Tampa
No, all it is a the stock rom re compiled to be flashed on unlocked devices. In an ideal world. Someone would make one with each firmware update so you can have both the most updated firmware with an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

alewis2k12

Dec 26, 2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast...
I have this rom on my external sd and didnt realize cwm doesnt support external sd....i wipe everything before I knew it didnt support ext sd....i have no backups...is there anyway i can bring my prime back if not I just sell...but any help is appreciated...:)

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
I have this rom on my external sd and didnt realize cwm doesnt support external sd....i wipe everything before I knew it didnt support ext sd....i have no backups...is there anyway i can bring my prime back if not I just sell...but any help is appreciated...:)

you'll need the zip file of the rom on your computer so you can "adb push" it to your tablet while in recovery:

adb push c:\rom.zip /sdcard/

If you don't know how to use or how to setup adb, just google it.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: alewis2k12

alewis2k12

Dec 26, 2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast...
i put in the command and just got alot of commands all over the screen...any step by step guides i can use and I know how to use adb somewhat...

Edit: I got it now thanks bigtime turge....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After some hours of learning the Asus blob system, I have finally got the latest OTA packaged properly.

Thanks to the Virtuous Team for their updater-script that I started with.

If you download this, please click "thanks" for the chances I took on bricking my device to make this for us.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device due to flashing this.

That said, I am writing this post on my prime which is running this firmware and working well.

screenshot2012022612090.jpg

• Rooted
    • Insecure Boot.img (Allows the system to be mounted writable)
    • ADB debugging enabled (Allows running logcat if needed)

Instructions

• Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
    • Shut down the prime
    • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
    • Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
    • The device now boots into your CWM recovery
    • Make a backup of your current ROM
    • Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (Optional but highly recommended)
    • Then flash the rom zip as usual
    • Then flash the Accounts & Sync fix zip as usual

Download

9.4.2.15 Full Rom
    MD5: e1af5c2386fcf972b238a94fac291cad
    Hey,
    once we got some successful kernel flash reports, do you mind if I take a look at your updater-script for the kernel thing?

No, I don't mind at all.
    I have some bugs to work out before I post it, but.... this is what I'm working on:

screenshot2012022719050.png

:)
    Reserved for me...
    If it is real stock Asus go Settings>Asus parameters and you'll see screenshot option. It seems Asus has removed standard ICS screenshot (Vol Down + Power)

On my stock rom (which I borked) I would just hold down the recent apps button.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium