[rom] Unofficial CyanogenMod 9 for many AllWinner A10 tablets

Search This thread
Jul 10, 2012

I'm still trying to figure out how to build a bootable image. The MK802 doesn't appear to have a normal recovery partition (nandf is 1MB of zeros and FFs), but people are successfully building Linux images on external SD cards. I think some other people were trying to start up an MK802 board here, so if I have further MK802-specific information, I'll post there. When I get some results, I'll report back here.

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
nandg is recovery

nandf is a misc partition where recovery/fastboot commands get written

to flash a recovery you just need to cat a recovery.img (like the one _fun posted few weeks ago that work with hdmi too) to /dev/block/nandg

and then reboot to recovery with this command

"echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync; sync"

you see? nandf is there ;)

Reactions: fireupthegrill

genialsoft

Nov 20, 2007
I have a strange problem (eken a90 from Aliexpress).
I installed yesterday rom using CWM (To start recovery i use ADB, becaus vol+ + power don't work) without any problem but to restart, i only have a black screen.
- I tried flash roms from eken with Livesuite, all steps ok, but the result is the same.
- I can't restore from CWM because VOL+ + Power don't work.

edit; i can update the firm and tablet works but ... only show video by HDMIII output.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2012
to flash a recovery you just need to cat a recovery.img (like the one _fun posted few weeks ago that work with hdmi too) to /dev/block/nandg

I found fun_'s recovery images on files.androtab.info, and booted into a working CWM using his 20120615 build (fun_, if you're reading this, the 20120716 build of CWM for the MK802 doesn't accept keyboard input, so it appears to be unusable). I had copied over cm9_nightly_20120711.zip, gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip, and the mk802_compatibility_test.zip file that you posted earlier in this thread. In CWM, I wiped cache, then I installed the three zips in the listed order. On normal reboot... nothing. The HDMI generates no signal, the device never reappears in my DHCP table, and when attached to my PC, no USB device appears. adb connect fails, both directly and over wifi.

I am able to make the Livesuit VID-1f3a-PID-efe8 device appear, of course -- I don't think it's possible to break that. But otherwise, the device seems very thoroughly bricked. I'm going to go borrow a Windows machine and re-livesuit the device, then I'll try again with fun_'s CM9 update.zip.

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
i think we should use a "legacy" comp zip (aka one that uses your stock kernel), if you give me a link to a livesuit .img i'll do one in the next days

ps: added support for these two more tables:

* Onda Vi30 Deluxe V3 needs vi30-deluxe-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
* Onda Vi40 Ultimate needs vi40-ultimate_compatibility_1.2.x.zip

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
Mach speed technology stealth 7 pro

Hi Christian,
I got this tablet from product's page can I use any of the compatibility files you already have, or do I have to make my own, if so how?

Specifications:

Dimensions- W7.5” x H4.8” x D0.4”
Operating System- Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
CPU – A10 Cortex A8 1.2 GHz
GPU – Dual Mali-400 2D/3D core
RAM – 512MB DDR3
Flash storage – 4GB Internal
Display – 7 inch TFT LCD
Native Resolution – 800×480 pix
Expansion – Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB), Mini HDMI Socket
Wireless LAN – Realtek 8188
Video Output – HDMI Ver 1.4 output
Native video support – AVI(H.264), DIVX, XVID, RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV (non encrypted), MP4(H.264, MPEG, DIVX, XVID), MPEG, MPG, FLV. HD 1080P max.
Native Audio Support – MP3,WMA (non encrypted),MP2,OGG,M4A,MA4,FLAC,3GP,WAV
Battery – Li-Ion rechargeable, up to 6 hours playtime

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
you have to build android from scratch unapplying my patches for rtl8192cu and applying those for rtl8188

i cant help you i'm sorry

you could try to gather them from your vendor's firmware but it may break cm compatibility, it's better build things instead of using binary blobs when sources are available

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
you have to build android from scratch unapplying my patches for rtl8192cu and applying those for rtl8188

i cant help you i'm sorry

you could try to gather them from your vendor's firmware but it may break cm compatibility, it's better build things instead of using binary blobs when sources are available

Thank you for all your replies, thought things were easier than what you explained to me, maybe if the market for this tablet grows bigger, some other geek would compile a build for it.

pctv4you

Jul 16, 2012
Yarvik TAB 220

Hi,

I'm using the Yarvik TAB 220. The difficulty with this tablet is that It has a resistive touch screen.
So, I made a compatibility zip for it using the original script.bin files, and the touchscreen driver.Also made a custom boot.img to load this touchscreen driver.
The tablet boots, however the touchscreen does not work. If I check with lsmod, I see that the driver is not loaded.
Attached the compatibility file I use. Is someone able to check if it should work with this file?
Maybe there is something else that I'm not aware of that blocks the touchscreen from working correctly.

spen68

Jul 17, 2012
Resurrection Remix ROM for Allwinner?

Hi Christian, I've come from the forum for my Allwinner based device (scrolltabletforum in the UK) where you are referred to a lot with almost religious ferver. Your CM9 ROM has made our device usable :)

Are you familiar with the latest Resurrection Remix ROM with Jelly Bean transitions for the SGS2? They are seriously fast and seem to be well liked. I can send you the link but you it's easy to find on google - I expect you've already seen it.

I noticed reading through this thread and others there are some similarities with this ROM and the one for the SGS2 and a bit of research on google reveals some similarities with the chipsets of our device and it.

I'll get to the point.. Would the Resurrection Remix ROM make a good basis for developing a much faster custom ROM for the Allwinner A10 devices??? Even better full on Jelly Bean but I guess it's still a bit early for that I guess. What makes me ask this is reading what makes Jelly Bean so much faster seems to be getting the CPU and the GPU to wait for each other less.. with our Allwinner device that would surely allow the reasonable GPU get on and do a respectable job and not get held up by the less respectable CPU spec?

Thanks, Spencer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Supported tablets

* Mediacom 907c, Momo11 Bird, JXD S9000, Eken A90 (first revision) and clones need 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip.
    * Visture V3 and clones need visturev3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * Mediacom 910i, Teclast A10t and clones need 910i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * ICOO D90W and clones need d90w_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * CEMA10N7 "unknown" device needs cema10n7_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip.
    * Bmorn V99 needs v99_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Mediacom 711i, Momo9 and clones need 711i_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Protab2XXL needs protab2xxl_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Sanei N83 needs n83_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
    * Hyundai A7HD needs a7hd_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * MOMO9 needs momo9_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Onda Vi40 V3 needs vi40_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * LY-F1 and clones need lyf1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Protab2XXLv2 needs protab2xxlv2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * TNT Singularity and clones need singularity_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T01 needs t01_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T02 needs t02_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V1 needs t05a-v1_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V2 needs t05a-v2_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a V3 needs t05a-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T05a (unknown version) needs t05a-unk_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T10 needs t10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Eken T10 with mxc622x g-sensor needs t10-2axis_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip
    * Sanei N10 needs n10_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)
    * Onda Vi30 Deluxe V3 needs vi30-deluxe-v3_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Onda Vi40 Ultimate needs vi40-ultimate_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Onda Vi10 Elite needs vi10-elite_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Elf needs elf_compatibility_1.2.x.zip
    * Sanei N83 Deluxe needs n83-deluxe_compatibility_1.2.x.zip compatibility zip (note: internal bt doesnt work and will never work)

Tablets supported with legacy support (see FAQS section for more infos)

* Mediacom 917i and 927i need 917i-927i_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Gemei G2 needs g2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Gemei G9 (those not working fine with "regular" 907c comp zip) needs g9_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Sanei N90 needs n90_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip comp zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Aurora v1 and v2 need aurora-v1-v2_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
    * Ainol Novo7 Aurora v3 needs aurora-v3_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip
    * MK802 PC-on-a-stick needs mk802_legacy-compatibility_vX.zip

You can check "testing" section of my AndroidFileHost space to find out few more tablets that require some testing to be approved

You can get them on this website

Features

* Bluetooth USB dongle support (btusb and ath3k)
    * USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
    * Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
    * PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
    * Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
    * OpenVPN support (tun)
    * NTFS and ExFat support
    * Veno congestion control algorithm
    * USB audio support

Instructions

* Upload zips to MicroSD or internal memory.
    * Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL- (or use Novo7 tools if it doesn't work for your device)
    * Select "wipe data/factory reset"
    * Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" (or "choose zip from internal sdcard" if your files are into internal memory) and flash, in this order, rom / gapps / compatibility zip
    * Now go back, and select "Reboot system now"
    * Enjoy cm9

Note: when you update to a newer build you don't need to do a full wipe, you just have to wipe cache and dalvik cache

Changelog

Code:
    [url=http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/files/cm9_nightly_20120913.zip]2012-09-13[/url]
    *** This will be the latest release. Rom development is now discontinued since I moved to other SoCs ***
    * Full spoof as SGS2 (GT-I9100) for better GameLoft / EA compatibility
    * Fixed FC on license check of some games (specially gameloft one)
    * Bluetooth dongle now supports hotplug
    * Cyanogenmod's option to hide status bar now will permanently hide it (not only if the app requests the FULLSCREEN flag). You can enable/disable this option using the included ToggleBar app or checking/unchecking the option from "combined bar"'s settings.
    * Added WiFi wakelock (change WiFi sleep policy to "Never" or the tablet won't sleep)
    * Updated upstream sources

2012-07-21
    * updated: cm9 sources

2012-07-11
    * !!! WARNING !!! Compatibility zip 1.2 is required !!! WARNING !!!
    * bump kernel version to 3.0.36

2012-06-24
    * added: devlistener, a small daemon to set write permissions for supported usb bluetooth dongles
    * removed: u3gmonitor (tell me if your 3g dongle was working with previous version and now it doesn't)
    * changed: build fingerprint to match SGS2
    * changed: minor change to HDMI kernel code according to a patch submitted by Quarx2k that behaviour was consuming 5-8% of cpu for nothing

2012-06-15
    * Do NOT flash "fix_mxc622x.zip"! It's already included
    * added "gsensor special coordinate settings" menu entry that solves problems for some gsensor in some games (note that on mxc622x many games won't work because it has only 2 axis)
    * added preliminary support for usb audio playback (thanks tsynik for the hint)
    * updated kernel

2012-06-10
    * !!! WARNING !!! You need to download a new compatibility zip, 907c/MOMO11/S9000 users now requires one too !!! WARNING !!!
    * now rom is based on the community developed 3.0.31 kernel (every tablet but A7HD that now has a "legacy" support)
    * changed some "cosmetic" things like a wrong buttons layout when sysbar volume control was disabled; prevent camera app from going to fullscreen when combined bar auto-hide is enabled; add menu options to enable (default) or disable gsensor orientation when HDMI cable is plugged in; fixed (thanks turl) screen off animation
    * in "Misc" section of Update Me now you'll find an "Ad-Hoc enabler" zip. Flash it if you wanna connect to adhoc network but note that you'll lose WiFi Direct capabilities, WiFi AP should work anyway

2012-06-07
    * fixed: ip-up sets up NAT, now wireless tether (from tablet) works
    * added: smartassV2 new default governor (not on A7HD because it uses a different kernel, read my request on slatedroid if you wanna use it
    * added: volume control from system bar (it can be controlled from display settings; press "recent app" button to apply changes after toggling the checkbox)

2012-06-04
    * fixed: upside down problem of hw accelerated video playback on some devices
    * added: forced landscape when connected to hdmi
    * changed: wifi module with powersave options enabled (you can download the one without ps capabilities from Update Me)

2012-05-31
    * fixed: (hopefully) hw accelerated flash videos random issues

2012-05-29
    * added: some HID kernel module to enable PS3 usb gamepads and some generic/chinese gamepads
    * added: minfree to tweak ram usage according to supercharger v6 recommended value for 1 gig devices

2012-05-26
    * WARNING: 910i/a10t needs compatibility zip v1.0.5; V3 needs v1.0.4
    * added: usb ethernet support (I need feedbacks because I don't have any usb nic)
    * added: display settings now has an "HDMI resolution" menu entry
    * fixed: missing apns, now supported 3g dongles should connect out of the box
    * note: while connected to HDMI you have to enable 'combined bar auto hide' from 'settings - system - combined bar' to be able to watch them in fullscreen

2012-05-24
    * added: tcp veno congestion control
    * added: WiFi direct
    * added: WiFi AP
    * added: workaround for Ad-Hoc networks (have a look at Misc section of Update Me)
    * fixed: WiFi driver now loads faster

2012-05-23
    * !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip (hopefully for the last time) !!!!!!
    * fixed: hdmi audio playback
    * changed: some things in compatibility zip, a10t/v3 users report if you have gsensor issues (you shouldnt)
    * changed: init.rc to make it more cm9 compatible

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?cdp3dwofstcykx5"]2012-05-22[/URL]
    * !!!!!! you have to re-download compatibility zip !!!!!!
    * changed: some wifi related stuff (report if it works better)
    * fixed: camera recording
    * fixed:/dev/ppp is now writable and pppd shouldnt bother anymore
    * removed: some useless kernel module to free some space and avoid errors on devices with only 256mb of space in system partition

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ecf72r3qkri72wv"]2012-05-21[/URL]
    * added: [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acquariusoft.UpdateMe"]Update Me[/URL]
    * added: stagefright video hardware acceleration (flash, etc.)
    * fixed: cyanogenmod's camera app

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?ngxt7uvvr5xt46w"]2012-05-19[/url]
    * fixed: UMS now handles both internal and external memories
    * fixed: "reboot -> recovery" from cyanogen's power menu
    * changed: kernel/modules from MOMO11 Bird 20120515 rom ([u]you have to re-download compatibility zip[/u] to match this new kernel, link's been updated)
    * removed: oc_daemon from startup, if you wanna use it you have to change permissions of file /system/etc/init.d/89virtuous_oc to 755 (remember that only performance and fantasy governors are working fine, the other can cause reboots; i suggest you fantasy, it's something like interactive/smartass)

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?4wdzork5fu74soq"]2012-05-18[/url]
    * Works pretty much everything, it's an almost perfect daily use build.
    Known bugs:
    * I had to replace Cyanogen's camera app with Allwinner's because preview frame was incredibly huge and buttons couldn't be pressed.
    * When you take a picture using camera the thumbnails that appears in Gallery are corrupted, but you can use an alternative (and better) app like [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder"]QuickPic[/url] as workaround. You can even disable Gallery app and use [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad"]MX Player[/url] as video player which works pretty fine in HW mode (you don't need any codec)
    * Reboot to recovery doesn't work, it just reboots the tablet.

You can see upstream changelog here

Download link

* Androidfilehost.com

Gapps

* 2012-04-29

If you have a /system partition of 300+ MB you can flash "official" gapps from goo.im/gapps, you'll have a working Face UnLock as a bonus.

FAQ

* To manage volume from the sysbar you can install this app
    * Legacy compatibility zips include stock kernel with extra modules (like bluetooth, gamepads, ecc.). It's enabled for ad-hoc and wifi direct won't work. USB Audio and DVB-T kernel modules won't work either.
    * Sanei N10 users (and other with "internal sdcard" on /dev/block/nandj device) can use this version of cwm.

Sources

* Github repository

Screenshot

QBbE8l.png

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbbYuciA8A
    cm10 preview 1 (requires a /system partition of at least 300M)

known bugs:
    * hw accelerated video playback (cedar libraries will not compile because some prebuilt blobs require ICS functions)
    * camera (needs cedar)
    * hdmi output (i will try to implement iy in next builds)
    * ntfs / exfat (the same as above)
    * mass-storage
    * other things i guess

flash rom + gapps + comp zip 1.2 and do a full wipe

tested on Mediacom 907c so i don't guarantee it will work on other devices, probably it will not work on devices with a "legacy" compatibility zip because the ramdisk has changed

later i'll open a dedicated thread i guess

XN6RQl.png

ps: a great thank goes to turl for his patches
    BMA250 Bosch gsensor compatibility

To users who have a Bosch BMA250 gsensor and are experiencing problems with auto-rotation. I've created a modified 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip file, which basically adds a compatible bma250.ko to the update package. I can get into more specifics should it be needed. So far I've only been able to test it on CM9 and my tablet (Cherry M-906). You can grab it on the link below.

Thanks to Christian Troy and all others who made CM9 happyness possible on A10 based tablets.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ebgwuv
    View attachment 907c_compatibility_1.2.1.zip
    try to change governor, maybe your device doesnt play fine with smartassV2 (try using fantasy, you can do it from performance settings without extra apps)
    Connect a mouse, keep power button pressed until the power menu pops up and then select reboot->recovery

Once in recovery flash the comp zip (and remember to flash it always after the rom)