Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...

Search This thread

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Boy, you would think they would have checked that one out after their last experience and the iphone4 which did tarnish their reputation after users found that signals were being lost and calls dropping out, left, right and center. And that was only for a metal side strip that was interferring with the radios. That would be disaterous for a struggling HTC.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will definetely be waiting for users reviews before taking the plunge on this one, which I was very keen to do so.

All you guys need do to get signal on a phone is cough up forty dollars for a bumper case. And remember if it still doesn't work. Your holding it wrong

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
The people who don't think the One is a significant upgrade are in severe denial. Which often happens when you buy a phone that you are stuck with for 2 years. You need to keep telling yourself everything else isn't much better. It's just the way humans and the brain work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
The people who don't think the One is a significant upgrade are in severe denial. Which often happens when you buy a phone that you are stuck with for 2 years. You need to keep telling yourself everything else isn't much better. It's just the way humans and the brain work.

It's obviously better than the dna, but its really not that significant of an upgrade to the dna.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
It's obviously better than the dna, but its really not that significant of an upgrade to the dna.

How so? Better cpu, better screen (supposedly), more storage, bigger battery, better camera (supposedly) and better software/ui (supposedly), better build quality (supposedly) and it looks sexier. Isn't that most of what makes up a phone?

I'm just bummed it's not coming for Verizon. I would have been all over it.

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
Great device, and if you are not using Verizon, then you should totally get that over DNA. It is a great improvement. I personally would have liked a smaller 4.7" device, but ah well, stuck with Verizon. I'll probably get the DNA, but a bunch of phones are coming out soon like the G4 in a month or so. :)

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
How so? Better cpu, better screen (supposedly), more storage, bigger battery, better camera (supposedly) and better software/ui (supposedly), better build quality (supposedly) and it looks sexier. Isn't that most of what makes up a phone?

Yes, but all those things are just a little better. And sense 5 will come to the dna, so that's bit really an advantage.

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009

Screen is the same but just higher ppi but won't be a visual difference you can spot. Also processor won't make a difference you can notice because there both real fast. Better software yes but were probably getting that via port. Better sound yes but with xloud and volume+ on the market they can really amp up your speakers quite nicely. Camera is not that much better. My friend got a test unit some how and we compared a picture we took and DNA was better but maybe because it was a test unit but still.

Yes everything is technically an upgrade in specs but most you won't notice a difference for most except for possible camera and sound.

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Screen is the same but just higher ppi but won't be a visual difference you can spot. Also processor won't make a difference you can notice because there both real fast. Better software yes but were probably getting that via port. Better sound yes but with xloud and volume+ on the market they can really amp up your speakers quite nicely. Camera is not that much better. My friend got a test unit some how and we compared a picture we took and DNA was better but maybe because it was a test unit but still.

Yes everything is technically an upgrade in specs but most you won't notice a difference for most except for possible camera and sound.

...... and the look is NOT sexier than the DNA. (IMHO) :cool:

jerrickdamon

Apr 11, 2012
Newport
From what I've seen of the M7 I can tell I wouldn't like it at all...the tiling and live background would be annoying. The specs look great, don't get me wrong, the UI looks like scrap though. I'm pretty damn satisfies with the DNA and wouldn't trade it for anything.

irockthebear

Jan 27, 2013
SF

The M7 will prally suck Vs S4 software & hardware... it doesn't even have wireless charging. +1 for DNA

I think the bezel on the DNA is thinner which is a plus for me.

Everything else is just slightly better M7.... If I could choose one or the other (for no cost) I would take the M7 but not worth it to upgrade.

IMHO the DNA looks more badass, the M7 looks more refined.

Last edited:

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto

CPU = Yes, slight upgrade. however the M7 does not have DDR3 ram as expected, which means it isn't very likely to have a GPU bump. Check GL benches for reference.

Screen = Supposedly the same, just higher density

Camera = Not necessarily, same pics seem to be decent, but worth the downgrade from 8mp? I duno

Better software = Isn't the DNA getting sense 5?

I would say, overall, the DNA and M7 are on equal footing. The larger screen size on the DNA is a pretty big advantage over the M7, not to mention The DNA has been available since December? We wont see the M7 for another 2 months.

So the DNA will be King for 6 months, and then close (VERY CLOSE) second for another 6, maybe longer.

All in all, if I had purchased the DNA in December, I would have ZERO regrets and ZERO urges to upgrade to the M7.

Disclaimer: all this coming from a future M7 owner.

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
CPU = Yes, slight upgrade. however the M7 does not have DDR3 ram as expected, which means it isn't very likely to have a GPU bump. Check GL benches for reference.

Screen = Supposedly the same, just higher density

Camera = Not necessarily, same pics seem to be decent, but worth the downgrade from 8mp? I duno

Better software = Isn't the DNA getting sense 5?

I would say, overall, the DNA and M7 are on equal footing. The larger screen size on the DNA is a pretty big advantage over the M7, not to mention The DNA has been available since December? We wont see the M7 for another 2 months.

So the DNA will be King for 6 months, and then close (VERY CLOSE) second for another 6, maybe longer.

All in all, if I had purchased the DNA in December, I would have ZERO regrets and ZERO urges to upgrade to the M7.

Disclaimer: all this coming from a future M7 owner.

The new chip will provide a big gpu boost. Even bigger cpu boost

Camera does need more tests

Most likely 4.2 but sense 5 is wildky in the air

Not same footing at all. And remember the dna wont be king or close smwithin a year. Each company is rekeasing a behemoth spec phone this ywar

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
The new chip will provide a big gpu boost. Even bigger cpu boost

Camera does need more tests

Most likely 4.2 but sense 5 is wildky in the air

Not same footing at all. And remember the dna wont be king or close smwithin a year. Each company is rekeasing a behemoth spec phone this ywar

Big GPU boost? Where is this coming from? GL Benchmark is putting both devices on even footing (34fps both). Source??

The M7 won't be king in a year either.

My point was that the DNA is going to be 6 months old by the time the M7 comes out. For a 6month old device, it has very comparable specs to devices being released this year.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So whats the about ot jave thw aame stuff thw only diferrence is thw camera

Thw camera is diferrence but thw aame stuff like the storage, battery, and display tech is diferrence too. Hope that amswer your qiestion
    Being someone who just got the DNA, i kinda hope the m7 will have horrible battery life so i can still feel good about my phone lol.
    The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone.

Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:

• First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
    • 32GB+ internal storage
    • 2,300 mAh battery
    • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
    • First official use of Sense 5
    It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. There’s not one feature on the DNA that’s superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7’s display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNA’s display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If you’re on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers that’s going to carry it. If they don’t and you want an HTC device the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.
    The J Butterfly/Butterfly which are the generic versions of the DNA sold everywhere directly by HTC do not. All of HTC's "flagships" that they've sold directly globally do.

Global Butterfly

Global One X+

ok... I never said the butterfly had it, I was just commenting on the fact that you were wrong on stating that the dna does not have quad band hspa
    ... the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.

I'm so tired of this buzz word. The battery on the dna is fine. Myself, wife, and best friend all have dna's, we all get 15 hours of life easily. Who the hell is away from a charger for more than that anyway.. This is America not Africa.

The storage "constraints"? If you are not tied into at least one cloud storage service by now your doing it wrong. With Dropbox integrated into everything, as well as amazon Google, storing stuff locally on a device is freaking archaic. So other phones have 32gb, 64gb..Hell maybe they have a few TB of storage, who wants to store all that stuff on a PHONE that could be lost.. stolen, broken, bricked, wiped, broken, stolen.... You get the idea.

You also misunderstand the term "flagship" device. Just because a device comes out from a carrier that has a better number here, a smaller number there does not make it a flagship line device. The m7 is most certainly not in direct competition with the s4. If you pay attention to HTC's launch schedule, you will notice that they only release flagship devices approx once per year and usually towards the middle or later part of the year.

The dna is going to be outpaced just like every other phone is. But the m7 is not the successor, nor will it be "the next big thing", I consider it the "thunderbolt" of this year. Good phone, but not of "droid" stature

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2