Case or naked?

Riding the Sony Z2 naked or with a case and what kind?

• Naked (includes screen protectors etc.)

Votes: 181 48.9%
  • Light and thin case that covers the back

Votes: 96 25.9%
  • Light, wallet type case

Votes: 54 14.6%
  • Thicker, impact resistant case

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Bumber type case

Votes: 21 5.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

eve7

Apr 15, 2012
Thanks,

Everyone seems to have got the black. Trying to find out if the white really has staining issues

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

shinshoryuken

Nov 8, 2011
No one seem to be answering you, so here's my take..

I always get whites phones but on the Z1 and now z2 I went with black.

With the Z1 it straight out just look more elegant than the white one.

With the Z2 I was going to go for the white one, but the staining issue did concern me. So I went for the black and I'm so glad I did. The plastic rounding is the z2 design weak point, because its rough\mate finished and its pretty soft. I'm
Most certain that it will show flaws much easily than the darker colors.

The big draw back of the black color is that its a fingerprint magnet, the white one will show them less...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

hasona

Dec 22, 2010
Malmo
Mine is naked, had my Z1 in a RoxFit cover but after awhile it felt like I didn't do justice to the phone. Only problem with having a white Z2 is that the screencover at the back gets so freaking ugly after a while.

niebyl2002

Jul 18, 2008
I do own white Z2 and yes, it does stain a bit. It looks like my jeans transfer some color to it. However you can clean Z2 very easy with either alcohol wipe or just a wet sponge.

If I had to make a choice again I would go with white again.

lyubor

Aug 6, 2013
Leeuwarden
Mine's almost naked now, only wearing panties.

N262XrX.jpg

nerobot

Jan 7, 2011
Semi naked. I use a screen protector but that's it. I often get a case for the phone but always end up taking it of so might it bother this time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Balaram12

Oct 11, 2011
Awesome case! Could you provide a link to buy it?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's not a case its a sticker skin
I have it on my z1 it covers whole body including stickers for flaps
With this thick sticker on top of two screen protectors at the back and on top of a tempered glass at front I dont feel scared of using the phone naked

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Mine's almost naked now, only wearing panties.

N262XrX.jpg

Nice elegance

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
Protect it

The sony z2 is made out of nearly 50 % glass and if you throw it by mistake on a hard surface, there's a 1/1 chance that it get in pieces :) so protect it with a gel tpu case and always clean and take care of it :)

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
Agree, this phone is too beautiful to cover up with rubber or plastic. Just be very careful and don't take it out during happy hour because that's really the only time I've damaged phones .. ;)

What I really don't understand is how people complain at "cheaply made plastic phones" and how they want a phone "with a premium feel" then cover it in a cheap plastic case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Naked. The phone is too beautiful to hide.

Nillikin Tempered Glass on the front and normal plastic screen protector on the back.

That and some good phone insurance is enough for me :laugh:
    I prefer naked myself when using a premium quality phone. I don't really see the point of putting plastic to cover up a phone like this.

I think the best of both worlds is to buy a leather pouch type case to put it in when your not using it and take it out when you are.
    Had the same idea as many; naked all the way, until I dropped it.
    Now it's gel case, chipped corners and a whole lot of crying in the fetal position.
    I have the official SCR10 and it is so beautiful. It's like looking at a hot girl, way hotter when they wear bikini/underwear.
    100% naked, I hate covering up beautiful phones.

Agree, this phone is too beautiful to cover up with rubber or plastic. Just be very careful and don't take it out during happy hour because that's really the only time I've damaged phones .. ;)