MF3?

Search This thread

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
I just got this s4. It has 4.4.2 ota, does this mean I have MF3? If I do have MF3 am I just limited to safetrap recovery ?

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
You probably have nb1 or nc1. From a terminal emulator on your phone type

su
getprop ro.bootloader

That'll tell you for sure

In either case you are limited to safestrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: optimusv45

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
Step 1 says to put the rooted nb1 rom on your sdcard, you'll need it to flash in safestrap, you don't Odin that one You use Odin to flash the mk2 stock firmware to downgrade your phone, root it, and install safestrap

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I read a bit. It seems not worth it :) gonna have to leave the device I get a chance , it stinks because it's for such a silly reason

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
The guy who I traded my note 2 with isn't willing to trade back. I'm stuck with the s4 it seems. Gonna try to work on this phone today after work . Along the way if I run into issues I'll ask here. Thanks

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
I just read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2692825 a little bit more. Can you guys tell me if I'm comprehending all these right. So step 2 gets me to MK2 bootloader from NB1 that I currently have. And with the MK2 bootloader I'm able to use the 4.3 root methods indicated in the thread. What's preventing 4.4.2 from being rooted isnt kitkat itself but the NB1 bootloader that came with it through ota, because from the look of it after MK2 "downgrade" I'll still have kitkat?
Step 5, if my final goal isn't just to have stock rooted can I flash a rom of my choice here instead of the stock rom indicated in the thread ? If I am able to just flash another rom in step 5, will I still need the stock kernel in step 6 ? Thank you thank you

Edit: step 3 indicates nb1 safetrap but would I have already "downgraded" to Mk2 tho ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You probably have nb1 or nc1. From a terminal emulator on your phone type

su
    getprop ro.bootloader

That'll tell you for sure

In either case you are limited to safestrap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app