[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Thank you the information and for all of your suggestions. I agree with your entirely; suggestion 1 and 3 should be an easy fix, although I really thought that I had fixed all the path issues for paths with spaces.. I will check over the downloader again.. regarding the timeout, it seems like it should be easy as well.. I am just not sure how I would program it, the way that is scripted now. I am sure there is a way though, there always is. I will do my best to integrate these suggestions into the next release. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Awesome man.I'm assuming that the downloader tries to put the downloaded image into \data\Factory_Images. All I know is that it failed the first time and that directory was empty after it said it was complete, and then the command prompt window just flashed for a second and then we ended up at the next messagebox info box that really comes after a successful run of the batch file.

Regarding the timeout, I'm just guessing here, but it seems like it's hanging b/c it's stuck in an infinite while loop waiting for a fastboot devices command to return a device attached and ready for flashing.If that's the case, I'd just add a counter and a sleep timeout to the loop. And once the counter hits the threshold, error out and abort.

Good luck!

S

Soldier-2Point0

i was having trouble with the drivers but i ran these driver files and it worked like a dream lol thanks

This saved my butt after many hours of tinkering with the drivers. You cannot flash a custom recovery or change to the other superuser app. If you do you will get soft bricked and will have to erase EVERYTHING and start over.

Sent from my Nexus 7 - 1.5 Ghz OC Atlantis R2

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Ok i have a problem. I used this to try to root and try to flash my nexus 7. Now I got the latest system update, I hit update and it tried to boot into recovery and failed. Now I cannot update it anymore 1) the update did not work and 2) when i try to check for updates it says "up to date"

How can I get the latest patch that fixes the screen flicker?

The OTA's won't work if you've modified your build.prop or removed system apps. To get to the current build:

1. Go to this thread and get the appropriate flashable zips to get you to the current build. I used both, as I flashed back to the original image JRN84D.If there's a system image for JRO03C that you can start from now you only need the second one.
  2. Use the tool to flash you back to completely stock
  3. Do the initial setup, then put these .zips into the /sdcard folder
  4. Use the advanced tools window to reboot/hotboot into CWM Recovery and flash the .zips in the correct order.
  5. Profit

Note: You may have problems getting into recovery if you aren't usb connected to the PC. I for the life of me cannot get mine to boot into recovery from the bootloader unless it's plugged in. Yet adb reboot recovery works fine. So odd.

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
I tried those and had issues connecting on adb and fastboot. The post I referenced above has the drivers that worked for me on windows 7 64 bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 - 1.5 Ghz OC Atlantis R2

Hmmm.. Ok. These driver inconsistencies are still driving me a bit crazy though. It seems like most people have had a lot of luck with the 64bit PDAnet drivers, whereas only some people have had success with the 32bit PDAnet drivers.

Is it just me, but don't you think ASUS should be providing us drivers? I mean... they are the hardware manufacturer.

Also has anyone tried the latest raw drivers google provides in the SDK? If people don't have the SDK, I could zip those up and post them.

Ideally I would like to come to some consensus on what works, so I can included in the toolkit accordingly.

{{ WugFresh }}

keda51

Aug 10, 2010
Just used this on my new Nexus 7......

Installed drivers manually using Samsung drivers as directed in the guide on windows 7 64 bit".

Followed directions carefully and had NO problems at all.

I think most of the issues are user error TBH. Not calling anyone out but I am sure now anyone can do this properly if they follow your instructions manually in the guide.

I'd suggest the OP urging all users to do this and not the automated method :) .

Thanks to you for this tool! Friday is payday! /beer donations incoming :) .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: WugFresh

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Awesome man.I'm assuming that the downloader tries to put the downloaded image into \data\Factory_Images. All I know is that it failed the first time and that directory was empty after it said it was complete, and then the command prompt window just flashed for a second and then we ended up at the next messagebox info box that really comes after a successful run of the batch file.

Regarding the timeout, I'm just guessing here, but it seems like it's hanging b/c it's stuck in an infinite while loop waiting for a fastboot devices command to return a device attached and ready for flashing.If that's the case, I'd just add a counter and a sleep timeout to the loop. And once the counter hits the threshold, error out and abort.

Good luck!

Initially it's supposed to download it to "data\md5check_depot" because that's where I perform hashchecking operations, then if it passes; it extracts it (twice) to the /data/Factory_Images folder, and cleans up any empty directories. To check where it was actually downloading it, you could use the tool "Search Everything" by voidtools which is one of my favorite windows applications, and enter the search term as the factory image name, or use the wildcard and tgz extension and sort by date. Either way, I am sure I will find a fix for that. Regarding the timeout, yeah.. that sounds about right.

{{ WugFresh }}

S

Soldier-2Point0

Hmmm.. Ok. These driver inconsistencies are still driving me a bit crazy though. It seems like most people have had a lot of luck with the 64bit PDAnet drivers, whereas only some people have had success with the 32bit PDAnet drivers.

Is it just me, but don't you think ASUS should be providing us drivers? I mean... they are the hardware manufacturer.

Also has anyone tried the latest raw drivers google provides in the SDK? If people don't have the SDK, I could zip those up and post them.

Ideally I would like to come to some consensus on what works, so I can included in the toolkit accordingly.

{{ WugFresh }}

Please tell me how I can flash TWRP permanently on my Nexus 7?

MB860, CM7.2.0, Faux 026b1 1Ghz

Gibsonflyingv

Jul 28, 2011
Hmm... I'm having issues with it finding adb device. I've got usb debugging on, tried all my usb ports. What else should I try?

update: My apologies, I didn't realize the drivers were the reason why it wasnt doing adb for me. I got it unlocked now though... so on to rooting!

Last edited:

caanda45

Sep 10, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hmm... I'm having issues with it finding adb device. I've got usb debugging on, tried all my usb ports. What else should I try?

Unplug reboot the computer and N7 and start again. I had the same issue and re booted and everything went smoothly!!!

You can try reading this thread like we all do...
Why answer this way??? Not productive to the spirit of this site...imho.

Reactions: FiveOhFour
S

Soldier-2Point0

Unplug reboot the computer and N7 and start again. I had the same issue and re booted and everything went smoothly!!!

Why answer this way??? Not productive to the spirit of this site...imho.

Just trying to avoid repetitive solutions.

Sent from my MB860, CM7.2.0. Yeah, I'm away from my Nexus 7.

S

Soldier-2Point0

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010

as i said earlier in this thread after the driver install this toolkit works like a dream! install pdanet which solved my driver problem for me after the drivers are installed the adb hookup will be alot easier.

removesstains

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks WugFresh, this was easy. I only owned my nexus 7 for about 30mins before I rooted. It's a new record.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}