****[TUTORIAL] Meizu MX4 - Unbrick/Flash Ubuntu Touch****

Do you think, there are other ways to flash Ubuntu Touch on Meizu MX4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
*****WARNING!!! All your actions with the phone is at your own risk. The author are not liable. This is just your choice. ******

FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL !! ------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fhoHL-mR4&feature=youtu.be
[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

YOU NEED:
- MEIZU MX4 16/32
- SP FLASH TOOL (MY VERSION)
- DRIVERS (MY VERSION)

- TURN OFF THE PHONE
- OPEN DEVICE MANAGER
- PLUG THE PHONE TO THE PC AND HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON (HOLD IT AND WATCH DEVICE MANAGER A UNKNOWN DEVICE POPUP FASTY)
- WHEN POPUP UPGRADE THE DRIVER OF THIS UNKNOWN DEVICE (FASTY) FROM THE FOLDER "Drivers Hard Reset"
- WHEN YOU DO IT TURN OFF THE PHONE BUT LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

-UNZIP THE UBUNTU ROM
- UNZIP SP TOOL
- OPEN SP TOOL
-CHOOSE THE SCATTER (FROM UBUNTU ROM FOLDER "M75)
- CHOOSE "FIRMWARE UPGRADE" (IF YOU DO DOWNLOAD YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE)

- PUSH "DOWNLOAD" ON SP TOOL
- PLUG THE PHONE

IF ALL GO GOOD, THE PROCESS START.

MEIZU MX4 - UBUNTU TOUCH ROM : http://people.canonical.com/~alextu/tangxi/684.zip
DRIVER AN TOOLS (i have used this for flash the phone): https://mega.nz/#!MkVCHIYS!4DTJ283nyZWxLmrjQbXlN2ellmTZ7uzojQ9Q23xRDSc
******UPDATE****** BACKUP OF PREALODER DRIVERS ATTACHED (for open it download this program ----->http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/?source=typ_redirect)

+++++++++++++++++SPECIAL THX TO : @iicc+++++++++++++++++ :highfive:

Attachments

• WP_20150924_007.jpg
    WP_20150924_007.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 14,909
  • PRELOADER.jpg
    PRELOADER.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 14,433
Last edited:

SkullDead

Jul 19, 2013
Good ! I want this on Mx4 Pro [emoji14]

Envoyé de mon MX4 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

DeadAngel43

Mar 31, 2012
How to enter this mode for drivers? Vol up + power enter recovery mode. And do we need to have unlocked bootloader for that or what we have to do? Because it's not working

Last edited:

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
Little bit first of recovery, and turn on with volume up from first...you need to see fasty on the device manager the unknown device

Reactions: jbseal

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
Turn off the phone---> Plug In the phone to the pc----->Hold volume up + Power---> In "device manager" popup an unknown device (really fasty)----> install the driver (vcom preloader listed now!!)---> turn off the phone-----> open sp tool---> load scatter----> set firmware upgrade-----> push download-----> Hold the volume up+power-----> flashing start (if you do all good!!)

DeadAngel43

Mar 31, 2012
Turn off the phone---> Plug In the phone to the pc----->Hold volume up + Power---> In "device manager" popup an unknown device (really fasty)----> install the driver (vcom preloader listed now!!)---> turn off the phone-----> open sp tool---> load scatter----> set firmware upgrade-----> push download-----> Hold the volume up+power-----> flashing start (if you do all good!!)
When I am doing this, nothing popup in device manager, if I keep up holding volume up + power phone is rebooting every time, when I stop holding this buttons my phone goes to recovery. What am I doing wrong?

DeadAngel43

Mar 31, 2012
It' there when I am holding volume down + power but there is error in sp tool. It's says that it's secure Base-band Chip

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Have you unlocked bootloader before doing this?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Even on 4.2.8.2a it's not working. Always error in SP Tool.

iicc

Apr 10, 2015
It' there when I am holding volume down + power but there is error in sp tool. It's says that it's secure Base-band Chip

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Have you unlocked bootloader before doing this?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Even on 4.2.8.2a it's not working. Always error in SP Tool.

Have you installed the correct drivers??

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
My Meizu MX4 come today from the customer service, is a normal MX4 32gb with Flyme 4.2.8.2 I.... I flashed the 4.2.8.2 A and after this i check the driver, for try to install the Cynogenmod etc etc... When i see this popup device, on device manager i decide to try to install an driver from the bq (have mtk too) pack and work!! Preloader come and i try to flash ubuntu with SP Tool...and work :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

DeadAngel43

Mar 31, 2012
I've installed correct drivers, sp tool says it's need auth file first. @Naphtha when you had flyme do you had Meizu logo as a boot animation or Flyme? Have you installed any flyme on lollipop?

Wysłane z mojego MX4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *****WARNING!!! All your actions with the phone is at your own risk. The author are not liable. This is just your choice. ******

FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL !! ------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fhoHL-mR4&feature=youtu.be
    [YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

YOU NEED:
    - MEIZU MX4 16/32
    - SP FLASH TOOL (MY VERSION)
    - DRIVERS (MY VERSION)

- TURN OFF THE PHONE
    - OPEN DEVICE MANAGER
    - PLUG THE PHONE TO THE PC AND HOLD VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON (HOLD IT AND WATCH DEVICE MANAGER A UNKNOWN DEVICE POPUP FASTY)
    - WHEN POPUP UPGRADE THE DRIVER OF THIS UNKNOWN DEVICE (FASTY) FROM THE FOLDER "Drivers Hard Reset"
    - WHEN YOU DO IT TURN OFF THE PHONE BUT LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED

-UNZIP THE UBUNTU ROM
    - UNZIP SP TOOL
    - OPEN SP TOOL
    -CHOOSE THE SCATTER (FROM UBUNTU ROM FOLDER "M75)
    - CHOOSE "FIRMWARE UPGRADE" (IF YOU DO DOWNLOAD YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE)

- PUSH "DOWNLOAD" ON SP TOOL
    - PLUG THE PHONE

IF ALL GO GOOD, THE PROCESS START.

MEIZU MX4 - UBUNTU TOUCH ROM : http://people.canonical.com/~alextu/tangxi/684.zip
    DRIVER AN TOOLS (i have used this for flash the phone): https://mega.nz/#!MkVCHIYS!4DTJ283nyZWxLmrjQbXlN2ellmTZ7uzojQ9Q23xRDSc
    ******UPDATE****** BACKUP OF PREALODER DRIVERS ATTACHED (for open it download this program ----->http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/?source=typ_redirect)

+++++++++++++++++SPECIAL THX TO : @iicc+++++++++++++++++ :highfive:
    I'll consider this. I have a MX4 which came with 4.5.7i, downgraded to 4.2.8.2a and unlocked via the "unlock app", now with custom recovery and emmaus CM12.1.
    When you say factory rom i'm guessing I have to use flyme 4.2.8.2a?

I'll look into it and then make a decision.

No, there are stock android kitkat factory ROMs floating around on the internet which include all the signed images for flashing via flash tool

Also I flashed an unlocked secro partition and my phone works fine. Issue is, that only gets rid of the second secure boot check, there is still the first secure boot check which involves the preloader, the seccfg partition and the seclib binary. This is much harder to hack since there's a huge chance of brick
    My Meizu MX4 come today from the customer service, is a normal MX4 32gb with Flyme 4.2.8.2 I.... I flashed the 4.2.8.2 A and after this i check the driver, for try to install the Cynogenmod etc etc... When i see this popup device, on device manager i decide to try to install an driver from the bq (have mtk too) pack and work!! Preloader come and i try to flash ubuntu with SP Tool...and work :fingers-crossed:
    I plug the phone at power off, SP Tool do not have any reaction
    If I hold volume up and power, it will goto recovery

mmm asked at developers of Ubuntu Touch .... waiting for a response
    Just to add to this:

I have a meizu mx4 ubuntu edition.
    It went into a serious bootloop and the recovery got corrupt.
    The only available tool was fastboot but i couldnt write to recovery partition.
    In windows 10 i was unable to get the Flash tool to work to the phone. the device was shown in device manager but no writing.

I installed ubuntu on a spare drive and used the ubuntu flash tool with the scatter image provided here.

It wouldnt work with power + volume up , but strangely worked when i plugged in and held volume down.

Phone now saved... thank you very much for all your effort on this device ... my phone works perfect now and i am very happy!!!!