[ROM][STABLE][STOCK] Gueste2X "GoodBye" v2.0R - ultrasmooth[HYBRID][UNBRICK][RAMHACK]

Search This thread

Stefan Gündhör

Oct 24, 2011
Hinterholz 8
New Bootlogo available for download (also linked in post #2):

879207.gif
http://www.box.com/s/k8ff2lkmaynxphnhg0sm
Credits: KidHoschie from Handy-Faq

There are still more logos, but not uploaded yet!

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Stefan , I don't know you , because I just joined this LG X2 forum.
But you seem to be a straight forward guy and I like your work , using your OC1.3 final kernel on my R4.5V20q (as I checked and V20q BB is newest release here for me in Belgium so I stick with that for a while) and it's running smooth .

I wish you the best and may the Force be with you........................

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Thanks for your work steffen and best wishes for your studies:)
BTW I'm a Diploma Mechanical Engineer, which diploma stream you are studying in?

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Stefan Gündhör

Oct 24, 2011
Hinterholz 8
civato said:
Stefan , I don't know you , because I just joined this LG X2 forum.
But you seem to be a straight forward guy and I like your work , using your OC1.3 final kernel on my R4.5V20q (as I checked and V20q BB is newest release here for me in Belgium so I stick with that for a while) and it's running smooth .

I wish you the best and may the Force be with you........................

Thank you, glad you like it :) Feel free to include the kernel in a seperate version of your ROM if you want. I tried not to break stock kernel stability so it should hopefully meet your requirements for stability :)

Thanks for your work steffen and best wishes for your studies:)
BTW I'm a Diploma Mechanical Engineer, which diploma stream you are studying in?

Thank you very much :) I study Geoinformatics/Geographic information technology! Will finish this summer, already looking forward to this moment :)
It's amazing how many people from India are here at XDA (Italy too).
Software development is very popular in India, isn't it? At least you can always read about companies outsourcing their software projects to India.
I wish you all the best too for future!

@all: Some new basic themes are online (in download archive, including beautiful lidterose theme), and also tweak packages for turning on/off fast dormancy and scrolling cache.

Reactions: civato

kfallz

Mar 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20
If you look in the previous v2.x thread, i actually made an settings.apk based on the one from the bt fix pack :) with help from flix!

Edit: nvm lol, noticed now it was posted already xD

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
About removing oma app , is it just editing smali of settings.apk or do I miss something.

Stefan Gündhör

Oct 24, 2011
Hinterholz 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Memhis and civato

Stefan Gündhör

Oct 24, 2011
Hinterholz 8
3 new boot animations for changing: Nyancat (funny^^), Galaxy Nexus and LG Stock -- many more coming tomorrow!

Available in Download archive, flashable via CWM without any wipes.

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Thank you, glad you like it :) Feel free to include the kernel in a seperate version of your ROM if you want. I tried not to break stock kernel stability so it should hopefully meet your requirements for stability :)

Thank you very much :) I study Geoinformatics/Geographic information technology! Will finish this summer, already looking forward to this moment :)
It's amazing how many people from India are here at XDA (Italy too).
Software development is very popular in India, isn't it? At least you can always read about companies outsourcing their software projects to India.
I wish you all the best too for future!
Edit: BTW you still have GB source in your PC that you downloaded during compilation of v20q ROM. If yes then i will instruct you to release sqlite with sync off based on sqlite source. I dont have good download bandwidth to download whole GB AOSP source:(

@all: Some new basic themes are online (in download archive, including beautiful lidterose theme), and also tweak packages for turning on/off fast dormancy and scrolling cache.

Actually we have very good intelligent ppl for soft development but no same demand in India so they are either moving for foreign countries for work or working for foreign countries' outsourced work.
Anyways, once again very good wishes for your studies and I wish you accquire very good grade:)

Last edited:

norbee007

Jun 27, 2009
Budapest
Hi!
THX for the awsome rom. I came from CM7 because i would like to use all the features of this phone and this rom is amazingly fast. :)
However i have a strange problem... :S When I install something the screen freezes but the phone works. When i press the back button the rom gets responsive again... very strange. I haven't done anything with the rom, only added gps.conf, resolv.conf, added 3g speed-up into the build.prop. and removed some apks which i don't use.
I use these update zips: gueste2x_GoodBye_1.1_withSwap_Minimalist_smoothScroll.zip, gueste_2.x_ICS_Style_Akku_mod.zip, Mount_ExternalSDAsMain_internalSDAsSubfolder.zip
Do you have an idea how to solve this problem? It is really anoying. :S I had the same prob a long time ago...maybe a i used topogigi's rom, but i am not sure. :S

Prom3theu5

Jul 28, 2009
Thanks for this

One question though, is there any way to get power control widget working. Mine displays as blank buttons that do nothing.

1.1 Smooth with swap

Cheers

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

Stefan Gündhör

Oct 24, 2011
Hinterholz 8
Yea i removed everything so you can use all the features of flix's patch zip.

Very nice, thank you! Then I'll create an omadmclient remover right now.

Edit: It's available now:
added OmaDmclient-Remover. Removes the LG ROM Updater, could save some battery juice and increase free RAM. Flash it, if you want it. You will find it in "Tweaks"-Folder of download archive! credits and thx to kfallz and Flix123!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][STABLE][STOCK] Gueste2X "GoodBye" v2.0R - ultrasmooth[HYBRID][UNBRICK][RAMHACK]

Gueste2X "GoodBye" v2.0R
    ... one ROM to please them all ...
    based on the best parts of the official LG Gingerbread 2.3.4 Roms v20E & v20M & v20Q & v20S + parts from my CM7 Hybrid Revolution ROM
    plus latest guestekrnL (kernel) v2.2.1 which has been initially created for this ROM
    (this is a perfectly STABLE O2X ROM for everyday use)

lxt3m.png
    vgnbrs.png

ROM Details:
    • this ROM is a hybrid out of various official LG Stock ROMs and my CM7 hybrid ROM
    • Cyanogenmod APN List
    • light-weight ROM, crap removed
    • includes my latest kernel (guestekrnL v2.2.1)
    • Reboot Option in Shutdown Menu
    • incl. latest fabulous GuesteOC tweaking app by TrymHansen
    • removed unnecessary apps
    • Torch app from CM7
    • deodexed
    • ext4 file system (auto conversion)
    • highly optimized for performance
    • zipaligned
    • incredibly fast and stable
    • various themes and boot animations available for download
    • rootet
    • additional Gingerbread keyboard
    • LG UI Home 2 Launcher, modded by me (removed SNS crap)
    • selected tweaks
    • non-increasing ringtone
    • OnScreenPhone removed from settings (credits and thx to Flix123 !)
    • Fast Dormancy Log Spamming Fix and there will also be CMW packages for complete FD deactivation (the ones of 2.2 are compatible but currently down)
    • Scrolling Cache disabled for smoother scrolling
    • modified hosts file for blocking spam
    • init.d functionality
    • current busybox preinstalled
    • silent Start / Shutdown (the silent MP3s are from DjangoManouce - thanks to carburano!)
    • no fast dormancy log spamming
    • much much more ...

Downloads:

Installation:
    • NVFlash version: download, unpack, run Windows or Linux installer (on Win install APX drivers first, on Ubuntu64 install ia32-libs first) and follow the instructions ;; If coming from Gingerbread partitioning layout, you can backup and restore your /data partition ;; your internal SD will be wiped
    • CWM Zip 3xx MB system partition: Just flash with CWM, if you want full-wipe, then format /data partition with CWM first. Can only be flashed when you are using Gingerbread partitioning layout, not ICS.
    • CWM Zip 5xx MB system partition: Just flash with CWM, if you want full-wipe, then format /data partition with CWM first. Can only be flashed when you are using Gingerbread partitioning layout with >=512 MB /system partition size, not ICS.
    • All versions: Install themes AFTER you have booted the ROM once. If market doesn't work on first boot, then reboot to fix it.
    Complete source of included kernel is located in the main kernel download folder: https://www.mediafire.com/#9lvnkfthj9dbo

Installation Requirements: For best battery v20L or v20M Baseband (L is the same as M) (you can find it here: LINK - install instructions HERE) in combination with the included v20J RIL (the RIL is included, no extra setup necessary).
    Script by spyrosk for backing up data of internal SD card so you don't loose anything when using NVFlash version: LINK -- currently for use on Windows only

Gueste2X GoodBye v2.0R (rebuilt, updated) -- as NVFlash version and CWM ZIP :cool:
    Changelog latest version:
    • v2.0R
      • NVFlash version added:
        • allows you to unbrick your device
        • allows you to go back from ICS and new bootloader directly to this ROM and Gingerbread bootloader + partitioning layout
        • provides increased /system partition size of 512 MB, so it is compatible with tonyp/harsh ICS ROMs (full version)
        • provides increased recovery partition size of 50 MB
        • provides increased /data partition size of 1.85 GB
        • Comes with CWM5 taken from Homero's NVFlash ROM, thanks and credits to him
        • Noob-Secure installation process, user is told what to do and asked for permission
        • Allows backup and restore of /data partition (when coming from Gingerbread-compatible partitioning layout)
        • wipes internal SD card
        • allows restoring of stock LG internal SD card contents (some music, apps,...)
      • CWM ZIPs and general changes in all versions:
        • upgrade to latest guestekrnL (kernel) v2.2.1 (release NOV 20 2012) - for providing latest features and maximum smoothness
        • v20J RIL included per default. Best combination is with v20L BaseBand (available in download folder, install it for best power consumption!)
        • Music Player Bugfix for v2.0 of the ROM already included
        • updated ad blocker
        • when performing /data wipe, you will get a system exactly like you had it directly after ROM flash, without losing any of the pre-installed apps of the ROM
        • faster CWM installation process thanks to delivering /system partition contents as ext4 image file
        • no more Aroma installation needed, best available guestekrnL will be installed per default (spica toolchain edition HOC)

If you want a ROM smoother, faster, more stable and more energy saving than my currently offered ICS builds, then you might want to try this ROM!

PDroid Enabler for Gueste2X GoodBye v2.0R -- all versions :cool:

As a matter of fact some people still might be enjoying Gingerbread, so for those I decided to finally offer a PDroid patch for this ROM (thanks to carburano who linked me the right PDroid patcher version that finally worked).

I've always wanted to offer this ROM with PDroid compatibility and now I can do so.
    It still is a smooth ROM, it still is a stable ROM, it still offers good battery and a nice NVFlash installer for those wanting a clean setup or coming from ICS.

So for those still using it: Enjoy :good:

Q: What is PDroid? - A: A cool privacy protection tool for restricting app permissions -- made by svyat ; here is his thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357056

Q: How can I use PDroid on GoodBye ROM v2.0R? - A: First load the PDroid enabler for the ROM and flash it with CWM (no wipes required or if you want then wipe dalvik). After this load PDroid app from Market and enjoy!

Also I've uploaded the latest guestekrnL Aroma kernel installer to the upload folder of this ROM as well. The latest guestekrnL compiled with spica-toolchain is already included in v2.0R ROM, but you might want to give the version compiled with flix-toolchain a try, it is a bit smoother.

Personal remarks to release of v2.0:
    I decided to revive my GoodBye ROM and make a new version (v2.0) one more time. There are already a couple of very good Stock ROMs out there like Django Manouche, so basically another one is not really necessary.
    However, I hate unfinished work and the last version of this ROM was very unstable, so I finally decided to fix it and make it stable again.

I completely re-worked the GoodBye ROM with focus on maximum smoothness, performance while still being stable, hopefully providing good battery and being light-weight.
    Many experiences in tweaking and similar stuff I made during the last year have been helpful in creating GoodBye v2.0.
    v2.0 is how I personally want a ROM to be, which doesn't mean it will be perfect for everyone, but it should at least be a solid base for good user experience.

Latest changes in download archive:
    • [November 20, 2012] New ROM Release v2.0R available
    • [October 23, 2012] New ROM Release v2.0 available
    • [February 21] Thorbear from XDA p.ex. has provided us a showcase for the bootanimations yesterday - Thank you! (Unpack ZIP and open HTML file for previews)
    • [February 20] 9 new Boot Animations available in download archive: android_glow, android_particles, bios, bumblebee, cia, dex, gueste2x, laser, tesseract ;; credits: cojo & KidHoschie from Handy-Faq.de and the ppl. who initially made the animations
    • [February 20] added 4 new skins in download archive, they are the same as the default one, but they have a stock-like battery-icon (green bar without numbers). All combinations are available: no music buttons but toggle buttons, no music and no toggle buttons, music and toggle buttons, toggle buttons but no music buttons
    • [February 19] 3 new boot animations for changing: Nyancat (funny^^), Galaxy Nexus and LG Stock -- many more coming tomorrow!
    • [February 19] Some new basic themes are online (in download archive, including beautiful lidterose theme), and also tweak packages for turning on/off fast dormancy and scrolling cache

! ! ! Neither I nor XDA is responsible for any damages you experience by following my instructions or using my ROM & packages ! ! !
    Release Gueste2X GoodBye v2.0R

Gueste2X GoodBye v2.0R (rebuilt, updated) -- as NVFlash version and CWM ZIP :cool:
    Changelog latest version:
    • v2.0R
      • NVFlash version added:
        • allows you to unbrick your device
        • allows you to go back from ICS and new bootloader directly to this ROM and Gingerbread bootloader + partitioning layout
        • provides increased /system partition size of 512 MB, so it is compatible with tonyp/harsh ICS ROMs (full version)
        • provides increased recovery partition size of 50 MB
        • provides increased /data partition size of 1.85 GB
        • Comes with CWM5 taken from Homero's NVFlash ROM, thanks and credits to him
        • Noob-Secure installation process, user is told what to do and asked for permission
        • Allows backup and restore of /data partition (when coming from Gingerbread-compatible partitioning layout)
        • wipes internal SD card
        • allows restoring of stock LG internal SD card contents (some music, apps,...)
      • CWM ZIPs and general changes in all versions:
        • upgrade to latest guestekrnL (kernel) v2.2.1 (release NOV 20 2012) - for providing latest features and maximum smoothness
        • v20J RIL included per default. Best combination is with v20L BaseBand (available in download folder, install it for best power consumption!)
        • Music Player Bugfix for v2.0 of the ROM already included
        • updated ad blocker
        • when performing /data wipe, you will get a system exactly like you had it directly after ROM flash, without losing any of the pre-installed apps of the ROM
        • faster CWM installation process thanks to delivering /system partition contents as ext4 image file
        • no more Aroma installation needed, best available guestekrnL will be installed per default (spica toolchain edition HOC)

If you want a ROM smoother, faster, more stable and more energy saving than my currently offered ICS builds, then you might want to try this ROM!

Download all ROM versions: http://goo.im/devs/gueste/Gueste2X_GoodBye_v2.0R__NVFlash_or_CWM (if you can't see the ROMs in Chrome browser, use Firefox or Opera)
    Download Themes (with/without music player in status bar): http://www.mediafire.com/?a00njo3oenvvw (don't flash themes directly after the ROM - boot once first)
    Download Boot Animations: http://www.mediafire.com/?2my9bx4u57gey

Installation:
    • NVFlash version: download, unpack, run Windows or Linux installer (on Win install APX drivers first, on Ubuntu64 install ia32-libs first) and follow the instructions ;; If coming from Gingerbread partitioning layout, you can backup and restore your /data partition ;; your internal SD will be wiped
    • CWM Zip 3xx MB system partition: Just flash with CWM, if you want full-wipe, then format /data partition with CWM first. Can only be flashed when you are using Gingerbread partitioning layout, not ICS.
    • CWM Zip 5xx MB system partition: Just flash with CWM, if you want full-wipe, then format /data partition with CWM first. Can only be flashed when you are using Gingerbread partitioning layout with >=512 MB /system partition size, not ICS.
    • All versions: Install themes AFTER you have booted the ROM once. If market doesn't work on first boot, then reboot to fix it.
    Complete Source of included kernel: https://github.com/StefanGuendhoer/guestekrnL_for_stock_v1.6.2_upwards
    gone for good

content removed - no longer of importance!
    ROM Release v2.0

Gueste2X "GoodBye" v2.0
    ... one ROM to please them all ...
    based on the best parts of the official LG Gingerbread 2.3.4 Roms v20E & v20M & v20Q & v20S + parts from my CM7 Hybrid Revolution ROM
    plus latest guestekrnL kernel which has been initially created for this ROM

lxt3m.png
    143j1gg.png

Download ROM: http://d-h.st/ZeH
    Download Themes: http://www.mediafire.com/?a00njo3oenvvw (don't flash themes directly after the ROM - boot once first)
    Download Boot Animations: http://www.mediafire.com/?2my9bx4u57gey

The ROM might be incompatible with new Touch-CWM. If it doesn't boot, you should rather use the traditional standard CWM!!!

Personal remarks to release of v2.0:
    I decided to revive my GoodBye ROM and make a new version (v2.0) one more time. There are already a couple of very good Stock ROMs out there like Django Manouche, so basically another one is not really necessary.
    However, I hate unfinished work and the last version of this ROM was very unstable, so I finally decided to fix it and make it stable again.

I completely re-worked the GoodBye ROM with focus on maximum smoothness, performance while still being stable, hopefully providing good battery and being light-weight.
    Many experiences in tweaking and similar stuff I made during the last year have been helpful in creating GoodBye v2.0.
    v2.0 is how I personally want a ROM to be, which doesn't mean it will be perfect for everyone, but it should at least be a solid base for good user experience.

Requirements:
    The BB/RIL interaction parts of this ROM are from v20M. So use whatever Baseband worked best for you when you were using v20L/M in past. The included RIL (v20C / 0313) might NOT be a good choice for good power consumption. Please try yourself which BB + RIL works best. I remember v20J RIL to be good, I believe in combination with v20L Italy BB.

ROM Details:
    • this ROM is a hybrid out of various official LG Stock ROMs and my CM7 hybrid ROM
    • Cyanogenmod APN List
    • light-weight ROM, crap removed
    • Aroma installer with optional full wipe if selected
    • choose between 7 of the latest guestekrnL kernel versions (v2.1, not even officially released yet :cool: ) during installation (if you select the community release Flixedition-Power please be aware that per its default settings it makes nearly permanent use of second core when phone is in use which means higher battery drain. If you don't need that you should stick to the official releases. Currently there are no more differences other than different default settings for GuesteOC app between guestekrnL FlixEdition v2.1 and normal guestekrnL v2.1 - flix123Chain, because some good settings wanted by flix123 have been merged in the official releases as well. Thanks to flix123 for his endless efforts and help in making the guestekrnL kernel always smoother!)
    • Reboot Option in Shutdown Menu
    • incl. latest fabulous GuesteOC tweaking app by TrymHansen
    • removed unnecessary apps
    • Torch app from CM7
    • deodexed
    • ext4 file system (auto conversion)
    • highly optimized for performance
    • zipaligned
    • incredibly fast and stable
    • various themes and boot animations available for download
    • rootet
    • additional Gingerbread keyboard
    • LG UI Home 2 Launcher, modded by me (removed SNS crap)
    • selected tweaks
    • non-increasing ringtone
    • OnScreenPhone removed from settings (credits and thx to Flix123 !)
    • Fast Dormancy Log Spamming Fix and there will also be CMW packages for complete FD deactivation (the ones of 2.2 are compatible but currently down)
    • Scrolling Cache disabled for smoother scrolling
    • modified hosts file for blocking spam
    • init.d functionality
    • current busybox preinstalled
    • silent Start / Shutdown (the silent MP3s are from DjangoManouce - thanks to carburano!)
    • no fast dormancy log spamming
    • much much more ...

ROM Installation
    • Open the ROM in CWM, install via AROMA installer (please consider full-wipe if you come from a different ROM, highly recommended)
    • Boot
    • Shutdown & boot again (because market starts working after second boot)
    • Enjoy :cowboy:
    Release of PDroid Enabler

PDroid Enabler for Gueste2X GoodBye v2.0R -- all versions :cool:

As a matter of fact some people still might be enjoying Gingerbread, so for those I decided to finally offer a PDroid patch for this ROM (thanks to carburano who linked me the right PDroid patcher version that finally worked).

I've always wanted to offer this ROM with PDroid compatibility and now I can do so.
    It still is a smooth ROM, it still is a stable ROM, it still offers good battery and a nice NVFlash installer for those wanting a clean setup or coming from ICS.

So for those still using it: Enjoy :good:

Q: What is PDroid? - A: A cool privacy protection tool for restricting app permissions -- made by svyat ; here is his thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1357056

Q: How can I use PDroid on GoodBye ROM v2.0R? - A: First load the PDroid enabler for the ROM and flash it with CWM (no wipes required or if you want then wipe dalvik). After this load PDroid app from Market and enjoy!

Also I've uploaded the latest guestekrnL Aroma kernel installer to the upload folder of this ROM as well. The latest guestekrnL compiled with spica-toolchain is already included in v2.0R ROM, but you might want to give the version compiled with flix-toolchain a try, it is a bit smoother.