FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,780 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,544

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 01:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th September 2017, 02:39 PM |#1491  
Flag The Nothing
Thanks Meter: 22,615

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

They have to be built separately. It would be a fair bit of work to incorporate them into my build scripts (and they're not necessary for my projects and they dramatically increase the binary size so I don't plan on it), but I know @Surge1223 and @topjohnwu have done some work to make compiling them easier, and their work can be found on their GitHubs.

This would be really helpful for TWRP so it can be migrated to an independent (AOSP) build tree. I've been trying to get busybox to build with AOSP source using @topjohnwu's work but with SELinux enabled, it's giving me trouble. I just don't understand enough about the makefiles and what's involved to get it working properly. Guess I'll just have to keep at it blindly, lol . TWRP doesn't actually need static binaries, so if you know how to add them dynamically, that would be extremely helpful for me.
16th September 2017, 03:11 PM |#1492  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

This would be really helpful for TWRP so it can be migrated to an independent (AOSP) build tree. I've been trying to get busybox to build with AOSP source using @topjohnwu's work but with SELinux enabled, it's giving me trouble. I just don't understand enough about the makefiles and what's involved to get it working properly. Guess I'll just have to keep at it blindly, lol . TWRP doesn't actually need static binaries, so if you know how to add them dynamically, that would be extremely helpful for me.

Unfortunately I don't know, I've never tried.

Here's all I know: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1#post66160631

@YashdSaraf's build scripts might provide some hints even though they're for uClibc: https://github.com/yashdsaraf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2017, 10:16 PM |#1493  
Thanks Meter: 878

More
Quote:

Unfortunately I don't know, I've never tried.

Here's all I know: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1#post66160631

@YashdSaraf's build scripts might provide some hints even though they're for uClibc: https://github.com/yashdsaraf

Thanks for the info.
I'm using the SELinux-enabled BusyBox that comes with OmniROM, but it's a little dated (1.22.1 bionic) and lacks some applets.

Alternately, you can compile a static BusyBox under Linux. It works but some things are broken (DNS resolving, uid mapping).
17th September 2017, 05:55 AM |#1494  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschfire

@osm0sis

When using the Adreno_gpu_driver_systemless installer.zip/Magisk module, once booted within Magisk manager the Safety-Net status check returns "the response is invalid" when pressed, if Adreno_systemless_installer module is disabled or deleted the Safety-Net status check works again after rebooting the device.

Nexus 5, Magisk v14(1400) official beta , 7.1.2-N.

ROM and other current setup information within signature below, or my profile page.

Magisk Log attached.

Let me know if you need anything else in helping solve this issue.

Thanks.

Can't reproduce that here with my Nexus 5 (Lineage, Magisk Beta, etc.). Reinstall Magisk?
17th September 2017, 02:54 PM |#1495  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 818

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can't reproduce that here with my Nexus 5 (Lineage, Magisk Beta, etc.). Reinstall Magisk?

I've since tried reinstalling Magisk Beta, Adreno module, including reflashed ROM.. etc but the issue still persists as previously outlined.
For now I've just returned to flashing the Adreno_gpu_driver archive directly using Twrp.

This was the first time I'd ever tried using the Adreno_gpu_systemless Magisk module out of curiosity, as I normally just flash the driver archive as stated above.

I only use 2 other modules, BusyBox for Android NDK -1.27.2 and ARISE compatibility v4.0... AIK-Mobile(helper script)-v2.9 is also present.

Either way thanks for getting back to me on this, much appreciated.
19th September 2017, 09:11 PM |#1496  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Deleted
19th September 2017, 09:52 PM |#1497  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2k10

@osm0sis

Which version of Magisk are these installers for?

UPDATE-AIK.Mobile.Installer.v2.9-ALL-signed.zip
UPDATE-nano.Terminal.Editor.v2.8.7-signed.zip

https://github.com/osm0sis/Android-I...module.prop#L9
https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...module.prop#L9

They work for me on the latest betas.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2017, 01:50 PM |#1498  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Deleted
20th September 2017, 09:39 PM |#1499  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2k10

For Magisk 14.0 there was a new template released, v1400

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two but I checked my other modules and they have been updated to the new template.

I know. They work as-is.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st September 2017, 01:10 PM |#1500  
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 3,103

Donate to Me
More
Hello @osmOsis' I have just one question: I s there a difference between Busybox for Android NDK, which is downloadable with Magisk Manager - and UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.27.2-ALL-signed.zip?
They have different md5
I used the one downloaded from Magisk Manager and flashed it on one phone with TWRP and on the other directly with Magisk Manager.
Working perfectly, thanks
21st September 2017, 01:45 PM |#1501  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecalote

Hello @osmOsis' I have just one question: I s there a difference between Busybox for Android NDK, which is downloadable with Magisk Manager - and UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.27.2-ALL-signed.zip?
They have different md5
I used the one downloaded from Magisk Manager and flashed it on one phone with TWRP and on the other directly with Magisk Manager.
Working perfectly, thanks

Magisk Manager downloads from GitHub then packages and signs zips itself on-device, whereas my uploads here were zipped and signed manually on my PC.

If you checksum each file from the zip you'll find they match, but the zip itself will differ just from that packaging tools+date difference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)