It's working fine on latest Magisk Canary (v20+) with Pie on my devices, and as evidenced by this Pixel 4 XL tweet from @topjohnwu, apparently it's working fine on Android 10 as well: https://twitter.com/topjohnwu/status...55723464052736
After a basically perfect wedding day and a beautiful honeymoon (though we both had head colds the entire time ) I'm back home and back at work. I've been fairly busy behind the scenes since I've been back, just haven't had time to properly post, but now I think we're due to catch up!
BasketBuild remains down. Not sure if they're dead forever or what, I haven't seen any official statement from them. In light of this, I've switched to hosting the Nexus Media zip (way too big for xda attachments) on GitHub, and updated the link in the OP accordingly.
I've recently contributed a big script refactor, addon.d(-v1 and -v2) fixes, AVBv1 signing fixes, and magiskboot improvements to Magisk, the most recent of which will make it into the next canary/beta/stable release. In playing around with addon.d-v2 I found the state of addon.d-v2 to be pretty rough; it's not supported in TWRP currently and with varied poor levels of function across many ROMs. I've endeavored to mitigate this by standardizing the update_engine sepolicy when Magisk is installed, and hopefully custom ROMs will eventually follow for unrooted use. The other happy by-product of all this testing and tinkering are the 3 new addon.d-v2 scripts below, which should make life on A/B devices a lot easier going forward, and I'll have more to come on that front.
In other important news, anyone who's been following this thread for awhile might remember my April Fool's joke that I'd be starting my own crowdfunding platform called "Patreosm", well it looks like GitHub has beat me to the punch, and my GitHub Sponsors profile just went live, so please do take a look at the link below - they're even matching the first year of funding for everyone!
I work on these projects in my limited time off, so if you like the progress I'm making, or enjoy anything else I've done on xda, please consider sponsoring my ongoing work using my GitHub Sponsors profile. For a one-time donation you can hit the donate link from my profile. Thanks for your support!
- addon.d-v2 script for OmniROM installations without GApps and with Magisk as root
- prevents OmniROM's (for some reason..) included 69-gapps.sh from removing important system files during an A/B OTA when no GApps are installed
- addon.d-v2 script for ROMs with boot.img inside an OTA payload.bin or otherwise inaccessible
- dump the updated boot partition before further modifications (TWRP, Magisk, etc.), saving it to /sdcard/Download/boot.img
- customizable boot partition target and output location target (at the top of the script)
- addon.d-v2 script to keep TWRP installed in a boot partition through A/B OTAs with Magisk installed
- requires a current Magisk installation since we need the tools and Magisk's the only way to ensure a working addon.d-v2 environment across ROMs at the moment
- copies the TWRP ramdisk from the current slot to the updated one, and before Magisk's addon.d-v2 script patches it
- update to latest busybox stable official source
See the related commits here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk
- update to latest nano official source
- fix installer in TWRPs without busybox, since toybox tar does not support xz
- update addon.d/90-media.sh for addon.d-v2 support
- fix addon.d/90-media.sh not respecting noreplace advanced option
Since my last big update here AIK saw a v3.6 release with Android 10 support, AnyKernel3 got improved GSI support and mounting fixes, and I updated my N5X-6P_BLOD_Workaround_Injector_Addon-AK3-signed.zip to AK3 and added Android 10 (SAR and 2SI) ROM support. Lastly, my TWRP_A_B_Retention_Script-Magisk(1).zip has also been updated with fixes for the latest Magisk Canaries which added DynAPK loading, so Download again from the repo in Magisk Manager to obtain the new version.
Hello @osm0sis. Thanks for your work. I have tried your script flashafterupdate. I copied the script to system/addon.d and a zip-file in /data/flashafterupdate. But after doing ota-update (LOS16) in TWRP it shows failed with exit code 127. What am I doing wrong?
|automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|