FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,786 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,550

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 01:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2019, 02:44 AM |#2511  
Thanks Meter: 1,315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

It's working fine on latest Magisk Canary (v20+)... apparently it's working fine on Android 10 as well...

working fine. latest magisk canary on android 10. repo module installed through magisk manager app. device is asus zenfone max pro m1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191030-060111_Settings.png
Views:	1010
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	4860407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191030-060124_Magisk_Manager.png
Views:	1012
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	4860409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191030-060139_Magisk_Manager.png
Views:	1010
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	4860411  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0han Ad-Free
30th October 2019, 07:39 AM |#2512  
Thanks Meter: 321

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's working fine on latest Magisk Canary (v20+) with Pie on my devices, and as evidenced by this Pixel 4 XL tweet from @topjohnwu, apparently it's working fine on Android 10 as well: https://twitter.com/topjohnwu/status...55723464052736

Tnx for the tip - it works now when I changed to Magisk Canary (20003) & Manager Canary (251)
The Following User Says Thank You to gps3dx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gps3dx Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 05:26 AM |#2513  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm looking for Osmosis thread on using termux to root other phones. A link would be great thanks.
11th November 2019, 05:44 AM |#2514  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalexakis

I'm looking for Osmosis thread on using termux to root other phones. A link would be great thanks.

I don't have any such thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2019, 04:02 AM |#2515  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
After a basically perfect wedding day, and a beautiful honeymoon (though we both had head colds the entire time ) I'm back home and back at work. I've been fairly busy behind the scenes since I've been back, just haven't had time to properly post, but now I think we're due to catch up!

BasketBuild remains down. Not sure if they're dead forever or what, I haven't seen any official statement from them. In light of this, I've switched to hosting the Nexus Media zip (way too big for xda attachments) on GitHub, and updated the link in the OP accordingly.

I've recently contributed a big script refactor, addon.d(-v1 and -v2) fixes, AVBv1 signing fixes, and magiskboot improvements to Magisk, the most recent of which will make it into the next canary/beta/stable release. In playing around with addon.d-v2 I found the state of addon.d-v2 to be pretty rough; it's not supported in TWRP currently and with varied poor levels of function across many ROMs. I've endeavored to mitigate this by standardizing the update_engine sepolicy when Magisk is installed, and hopefully custom ROMs will eventually follow for unrooted use. The other happy by-product of all this testing and tinkering are the 3 new addon.d-v2 scripts below, which should make life on A/B devices a lot easier going forward, and I'll have more to come on that front.

In other important news, anyone who's been following this thread for awhile might remember my April Fool's joke that I'd be starting my own crowdfunding platform called "Patreosm", well it looks like GitHub has beat me to the punch, and my GitHub Sponsors profile just went live, so please do take a look at the link below - they're even matching the first year of funding for everyone!

I work on these projects in my limited time off, so if you like the progress I'm making, or enjoy anything else I've done on xda, please consider sponsoring my ongoing work using my GitHub Sponsors profile. For a one-time donation you can hit the donate link from my profile. Thanks for your support!

00-omnirootfix.sh:
- addon.d-v2 script for OmniROM installations without GApps and with Magisk as root
- prevents OmniROM's (for some reason..) included 69-gapps.sh from removing important system files during an A/B OTA when no GApps are installed

97-dump-boot-image.sh:
- addon.d-v2 script for ROMs with boot.img inside an OTA payload.bin or otherwise inaccessible
- dump the updated boot partition before further modifications (TWRP, Magisk, etc.), saving it to /sdcard/Download/boot.img
- customizable boot partition target and output location target (at the top of the script)

98-twrp_ab.sh:
- addon.d-v2 script to keep TWRP installed in a boot partition through A/B OTAs with Magisk installed
- requires a current Magisk installation since we need the tools and Magisk's the only way to ensure a working addon.d-v2 environment across ROMs at the moment
- copies the TWRP ramdisk from the current slot to the updated one, and before Magisk's addon.d-v2 script patches it

UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.31.1-ALL-signed.zip:
- update to latest busybox stable official source

See the related commits here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk

UPDATE-nano.Terminal.Editor.v4.5-signed.zip:
- update to latest nano official source

UPDATE-Nexus.Media.Installer-signed.zip:
- fix installer in TWRPs without busybox, since toybox tar does not support xz
- update addon.d/90-media.sh for addon.d-v2 support
- fix addon.d/90-media.sh not respecting noreplace advanced option

Since my last big update here AIK saw a v3.6 release with Android 10 support, AnyKernel3 got improved GSI support and mounting fixes, and I updated my N5X-6P_BLOD_Workaround_Injector_Addon-AK3-signed.zip to AK3 and added Android 10 (SAR and 2SI) ROM support. Lastly, my TWRP_A_B_Retention_Script-Magisk(1).zip has also been updated with fixes for the latest Magisk Canaries which added DynAPK loading, so Download again from the repo in Magisk Manager to obtain the new version.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2019, 02:40 PM |#2516  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2,090

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

After a basically perfect wedding day and a beautiful honeymoon (though we both had head colds the entire time ) I'm back home and back at work. I've been fairly busy behind the scenes since I've been back, just haven't had time to properly post, but now I think we're due to catch up!

BasketBuild remains down. Not sure if they're dead forever or what, I haven't seen any official statement from them. In light of this, I've switched to hosting the Nexus Media zip (way too big for xda attachments) on GitHub, and updated the link in the OP accordingly.

I've recently contributed a big script refactor, addon.d(-v1 and -v2) fixes, AVBv1 signing fixes, and magiskboot improvements to Magisk, the most recent of which will make it into the next canary/beta/stable release. In playing around with addon.d-v2 I found the state of addon.d-v2 to be pretty rough; it's not supported in TWRP currently and with varied poor levels of function across many ROMs. I've endeavored to mitigate this by standardizing the update_engine sepolicy when Magisk is installed, and hopefully custom ROMs will eventually follow for unrooted use. The other happy by-product of all this testing and tinkering are the 3 new addon.d-v2 scripts below, which should make life on A/B devices a lot easier going forward, and I'll have more to come on that front.

In other important news, anyone who's been following this thread for awhile might remember my April Fool's joke that I'd be starting my own crowdfunding platform called "Patreosm", well it looks like GitHub has beat me to the punch, and my GitHub Sponsors profile just went live, so please do take a look at the link below - they're even matching the first year of funding for everyone!

I work on these projects in my limited time off, so if you like the progress I'm making, or enjoy anything else I've done on xda, please consider sponsoring my ongoing work using my GitHub Sponsors profile. For a one-time donation you can hit the donate link from my profile. Thanks for your support!

00-omnirootfix.sh:
- addon.d-v2 script for OmniROM installations without GApps and with Magisk as root
- prevents OmniROM's (for some reason..) included 69-gapps.sh from removing important system files during an A/B OTA when no GApps are installed

97-dump-boot-image.sh:
- addon.d-v2 script for ROMs with boot.img inside an OTA payload.bin or otherwise inaccessible
- dump the updated boot partition before further modifications (TWRP, Magisk, etc.), saving it to /sdcard/Download/boot.img
- customizable boot partition target and output location target (at the top of the script)

98-twrp_ab.sh:
- addon.d-v2 script to keep TWRP installed in a boot partition through A/B OTAs with Magisk installed
- requires a current Magisk installation since we need the tools and Magisk's the only way to ensure a working addon.d-v2 environment across ROMs at the moment
- copies the TWRP ramdisk from the current slot to the updated one, and before Magisk's addon.d-v2 script patches it

UPDATE-Busybox.Installer.v1.31.1-ALL-signed.zip:
- update to latest busybox stable official source

See the related commits here: https://github.com/osm0sis/android-busybox-ndk

UPDATE-nano.Terminal.Editor.v4.5-signed.zip:
- update to latest nano official source

UPDATE-Nexus.Media.Installer-signed.zip:
- fix installer in TWRPs without busybox, since toybox tar does not support xz
- update addon.d/90-media.sh for addon.d-v2 support
- fix addon.d/90-media.sh not respecting noreplace advanced option

Since my last big update here AIK saw a v3.6 release with Android 10 support, AnyKernel3 got improved GSI support and mounting fixes, and I updated my N5X-6P_BLOD_Workaround_Injector_Addon-AK3-signed.zip to AK3 and added Android 10 (SAR and 2SI) ROM support. Lastly, my TWRP_A_B_Retention_Script-Magisk(1).zip has also been updated with fixes for the latest Magisk Canaries which added DynAPK loading, so Download again from the repo in Magisk Manager to obtain the new version.

You are the reason many of the projects (including mine) are working seamlessly on every device.

Thanks a lot for your work. I'll be glad to donate!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 04:03 AM |#2517  
Flag NE Pennsylvania Boonies
Thanks Meter: 1,190

More
Thanks dude. Practically every Dev I count on lists you in their credits and I use some of your modules religiously. Just a little token of appreciation...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191114-215933.png
Views:	320
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	4876529  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyberpodS2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CyberpodS2 Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 05:00 AM |#2518  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpodS2

Thanks dude. Practically every Dev I count on lists you in their credits and I use some of your modules religiously. Just a little token of appreciation...

Thank you! Glad to hear I've helped you out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2019, 06:04 PM |#2519  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Hello @osm0sis. Thanks for your work. I have tried your script flashafterupdate. I copied the script to system/addon.d and a zip-file in /data/flashafterupdate. But after doing ota-update (LOS16) in TWRP it shows failed with exit code 127. What am I doing wrong?[COLOR="Silver"]
15th November 2019, 06:21 PM |#2520  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humaxxx

Hello @osm0sis. Thanks for your work. I have tried your script flashafterupdate. I copied the script to system/addon.d and a zip-file in /data/flashafterupdate. But after doing ota-update (LOS16) in TWRP it shows failed with exit code 127. What am I doing wrong?

What shows failed? 99-flashafterupdate.sh has ui_print or echo output, was there anything in the log? Was /data mounted and decrypted? Is your device A/B slot?
15th November 2019, 06:30 PM |#2521  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
I am doing an ota-update. Phone boots to TWRP and flashes the Lineage OS Rom-Nightly. After that it flashes magisk and then your script start but ends up with exit code 127. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S3Neo GT-I9301I. Where can I find the log?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)