Custom RUU V5.2

Search This thread

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
I'll begin writing an "un-netz"..;)(but if I could have the sources I'll avoid a lot of work :p) I'll let you know.. :) thank you again.

no matter... found a tool that can interface it for me when fed the right address (thanks for that pof) so I've coded a new one... autodetection, enjoy.

yeah, I use netz mainly to decrease the size rather than protect the code

pvs

Dec 20, 2006
New Jersey
Olipro - Sorry, I couldn't resist

Custom RUU 3.6 released; this does nothing except make it a bit more noob friendly.

I thought you (and others) might get a chuckle from this.

B-MAKEI_solo.gif

Thank you so much for the wonderful work that you, pof, des, sleuth, daniel herrero, shogun, kyphur, lvsw, jasjamming, and all the rest of the gurus do for the xda community. Since I found this place a few months ago, not a day goes by when I am not awe-struck by your collective talents.

I haven't yet made use of any of the concoctions that have been developed, mainly because I'm awaiting an Outlook 2003 CD so I can continue to sync my work pc. But it should arrive any day now, so I should be able to taste some of these yummy goodies you guys have whipped up. Needless to say, I can't wait!

Thanks again,
-pvs

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
I supposed that :) ..and if you would ever need to obfuscate your code I've bought a professional license for Dotfuscator 4 ;) feel free to simply ask :)

hehe, nah, I'm not in the business of trying to make people's lives hard if they want the source code to my stuff.

thanks for the offer though

simon1219

Dec 4, 2006
If I will to extract Windows.nb from RUU_Hermes_QTEK_WWE_2.11.255.1_102_6275_1.38.00.10 _108_Ship.exe extract using nbhtool.exe, convert Windows.nb to RUU_signed.nbh and then flash using RUU 4.0 will erase the old extRom and radio currently in my phone?

vp3G

Mar 5, 2007
Flyover Country
If I will to extract Windows.nb from RUU_Hermes_QTEK_WWE_2.11.255.1_102_6275_1.38.00.10 _108_Ship.exe extract using nbhtool.exe, convert Windows.nb to RUU_signed.nbh and then flash using RUU 4.0 will erase the old extRom and radio currently in my phone?
No, Windows.nb is the OS file. The radio and ExtROM are separate .nb files that will also be extracted by nbhtool, usually named something like "gsm" and "extrom", but they can vary from ROM to ROM.

simon1219

Dec 4, 2006
No, Windows.nb is the OS file. The radio and ExtROM are separate .nb files that will also be extracted by nbhtool, usually named something like "gsm" and "extrom", but they can vary from ROM to ROM.

That means I can safely flash the OS ONLY and retain my old DopodAsia extROM (currently my phone has radio 1.38.00.10)?

joedoe

Mar 29, 2005
The new Custom RUU V4.2 doesn't detect SLP-1.40oli which I just installed on my device, says to use SSPL.

Edit: Resolved.

Last edited:

TBCompDesign

Apr 17, 2004
Seems the download target for the posted file is bad. Can it be reuploaded or posted elsewhere?

TBCompDesign

Apr 17, 2004
no, use a download manager like FlashGet

Flashgot didn't even work... I'm not sure if there was a problem with the servers or what, I was getting 27-39k files in firefox, IE and using Flashgot. Finally I tried for the 30th time and it seemed to download the entire file and was extractable.

Thanks for the quick reply though.

Zgembo

Dec 1, 2006
@Olipro:

I was trying to flash ExtROM tonight. Was using previous versions of RUU without problems... When I get manually into bootloader (your 1.40), and try to flash something, RUU 4.2 gives me error:

ERROR [200]: INVALID UPDATE TOOL

Please get newer Update Utility

wtf? is this 'a feature' or some weird shiit?

EDIT: Ooops, ActiveSync gone wild! Reinstalled it and it's fine now... Sorry m(_ _)m

Last edited:

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
@Olipro:

I was trying to flash ExtROM tonight. Was using previous versions of RUU without problems... When I get manually into bootloader (your 1.40), and try to flash something, RUU 4.2 gives me error:

ERROR [200]: INVALID UPDATE TOOL

Please get newer Update Utility

wtf? is this 'a feature' or some weird shiit?

EDIT: Ooops, ActiveSync gone wild! Reinstalled it and it's fine now... Sorry m(_ _)m

interesting behaviour though... the HTC RUU for the new Hermes SPL is technically identical to the Trinity one by the way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new custom RUU is complete;

ROM Cookers, the good news is that this is now a single file, simply provide it with an NBH and you have compatibility with all SPL versions.

Fifth edition... with detection of all SPL versions, plus a very special selection of two soft-load options, including an "Unsafe" SPL which can be used to flash your device back to any SPL you desire.

5.2 is a small patch to fix an error with the unsafe SSPL not allowing you to overwrite the bootloader