Offical Slacker Radio 4 WinMo! 04/15/10 New Build! Cab Here & Some fix cabs

Search This thread

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
Hello all,
If you are like me and have been using the Slacker Radio ripped fom the HD2 for awhile, you will want to know that Slacker Radio has gone offical for WinMo 6.5!
I have tested it out and is much much quicker for me and doesnt have that annoying stop in the middle of the song issue or horrible graphics issue.

Requires :
The Slacker mobile application is optimized for smartphones running Windows Mobile 6.5 with a screen resolution of 480x800
Slacker Radio Build # 1.0.141
Edit: Member's are reporting that it also works perfect on 6.1.
Edit: Member's also reporting that it works on QVGA and VGA (but there are graphics issues)

Edit: Added cab for that fixes the problem of the music shutting down when phone sleeps, or when power button is pressed.
Just install and download and your music will no longer stop when you hit the power button
I cant find who created the original cab

Edit: sirphunkee hooked us up with a cab that will fix:
I think it is my wifi that is closing when I turn off the screen, killing the connection and streaming to the TP2. Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?

Edit: 04/15/2010 New Build of Slacker Radio. Build Number 1.0.148
There is a new UPLOAD LOG feature, which uploads your data/changes to slacker Radio.
Please report any other changes...

Slacker Cab File also included
Here is the Cab File :)

Attachments

• Keep_Music_Playing_Registry_Fix.cab
    1.8 KB · Views: 3,110
  • WifiNoStandby.CAB
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,864
  • SlackerRadio.CAB
    928 KB · Views: 3,908
Last edited:
Reactions: igor45

r1aven

Dec 21, 2007
Works perfectly on WinMo 6.1 as well ...

Hello all,
If you are like me and have been using the Slacker Radio ripped fom the HD2 for awhile, you will want to know that Slacker Radio has gone offical for WinMo 6.5!
I have tested it out and is much much quicker for me and doesnt have that annoying stop in the middle of the song issue or horrible graphics issue.

Requires :
The Slacker mobile application is optimized for smartphones running Windows Mobile 6.5 with a screen resolution of 480x800

Rsoxs

Feb 4, 2010
EL Paso
Well sadly I find that the ripped app to work much better than the official release of Slacker Radio. Why? Well in the official release, due to its demensions half of my screen is only being used by the app., and I cannot seem to skip over songs anymore.

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
You have a TP2 and a Kaiser right?
I wonder have you tried it out on your kaiser yet?
It couldnt hurt anything, I would imagine it would just be graphics and landscape issues...

I installed it on my wife's Kaiser and it works. There are display issues though. Obviously the graphics are too big for the screen. The signup screen is manageable but the player screen only shows the top-left of the artwork, not any of the lower buttons. All in all, it's probably still usable, just not as much as it could be.

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
I installed it on my wife's Kaiser and it works. There are display issues though. Obviously the graphics are too big for the screen. The signup screen is manageable but the player screen only shows the top-left of the artwork, not any of the lower buttons. All in all, it's probably still usable, just not as much as it could be.

Yeah I pretty much figured it would be like that....
I will see if I have sometime soon to try and resize for other res..

terrien4t

Nov 8, 2009
just insatlled this on my tp2 seems to be working fine.ill check it out more 2morrow and get back. iwas using the ripped verson and kept getting lock upissues but may have found the main problem here.xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=532948[/url]. as i am also having probs with streaming inernet radio from wunder radio so im hoping that this fixes that issue as well.it did wounders for my memory issues also

ls1infenro

Sep 4, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I've got a stock Tilt 2, installed theradio it works perfect. my only question is, is there a way i can make the screen and/or backlight go off while listening without the audio turning off? I imagine there someone like me who doesnt like the wonderful batterylife while trying to listen to music and not beable shut off the screen.

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
I've got a stock Tilt 2, installed theradio it works perfect. my only question is, is there a way i can make the screen and/or backlight go off while listening without the audio turning off? I imagine there someone like me who doesnt like the wonderful batterylife while trying to listen to music and not beable shut off the screen.

Thats is a known problem...We tried to fix that with the ripped Pandora app as well...but we couldnt figure it out.
It is something with our TP2's, because it doesnt do that on Sony Xperia or some other devices :(
So we are pretty much going to have to live with that issue I am afraid.

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
just insatlled this on my tp2 seems to be working fine.ill check it out more 2morrow and get back. iwas using the ripped verson and kept getting lock upissues but may have found the main problem here.xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=532948[/url]. as i am also having probs with streaming inernet radio from wunder radio so im hoping that this fixes that issue as well.it did wounders for my memory issues also

I use WunderRadio as well and never really have any issues? Excpet when it does get choppy i just close the app and re-open it...

ls1infenro

Sep 4, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Thats is a known problem...We tried to fix that with the ripped Pandora app as well...but we couldnt figure it out.
It is something with our TP2's, because it doesnt do that on Sony Xperia or some other devices :(
So we are pretty much going to have to live with that issue I am afraid.

Thank you for at least understanding what i was aking. haha I guess its just how the rom is set up, does the same thing with windows media player. I sent an email to slacker and i dont think they even read it judging by what they replied. once i get the next reply ill post it here.

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
Thank you for at least understanding what i was aking. haha I guess its just how the rom is set up, does the same thing with windows media player. I sent an email to slacker and i dont think they even read it judging by what they replied. once i get the next reply ill post it here.

No problem.
Yeah it does it with all Music Player related apps...something in the Registry on the TP2...We tried looking for it before, but kinda gave up as its really not that big of a deal..

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Modify these REG values:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Unattended]
"wav1"=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"UnattendedPlayback"=dword:1

That'll do the trick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Requires :
    Slacker Radio Build # 1.0.141
    Edit: Member's are reporting that it also works perfect on 6.1.
    Edit: Member's also reporting that it works on QVGA and VGA (but there are graphics issues)

Edit: Added cab for that fixes the problem of the music shutting down when phone sleeps, or when power button is pressed.
    Just install and download and your music will no longer stop when you hit the power button
    I cant find who created the original cab

Edit: sirphunkee hooked us up with a cab that will fix:
    I think it is my wifi that is closing when I turn off the screen, killing the connection and streaming to the TP2. Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of?

Edit: 04/15/2010 New Build of Slacker Radio. Build Number 1.0.148
    There is a new UPLOAD LOG feature, which uploads your data/changes to slacker Radio.
    Please report any other changes...

Slacker Cab File also included
    Thats new...I would uninstall it from your "Remove programs".
    Do a soft reset and install it again.
    If there is still a problem...try heading over to this HD2 thread and seeing if anyone else has issues:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=653563
    ah never mind. it was due to the program interacting with WMLonglife. For some reason, the prompt did not come up the first couple of times I opened Slacker, but then the pop up came up, I allowed, and it works perfectly now.