UMIDIGI S3 Pro

Search This thread

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
New UMIDIGI S3 Pro

New thread for the new model UMIDIGI S3 Pro Helio P70 Octa core Mtk 6772

Umidigi S3 PRO MT6772 Octa Core 4G LTE 802.11ac 6GB 128GB Android 9 Smartphone 6,3 inches

s3pro.png

Everybody are Welcome!:good:

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=256
Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE​

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Specification
can3.jpg

Basic Information
Brand: UMIDIGI
Language: Multi language
Provide Services: Unlocked
SIM Slot cards: Standby Dual
SIM Card Type: Double Nano SIM
to Sciarba type: 4G Mobile

Hardware
CPU: Helio P70
Cores: 2.1GHz, Octa Core
External Memory: TF card up to 256 GB (not included)
RAM: 6GB of RAM
ROM: 128GB

Network
2G: GSM 1800MHz, GSM 1900MHz, GSM 850MHz, GSM 900MHz
3G: UMTS (WCDMA) / HSPA + / DC-HSDPA: BAND1 / 2/4/5/6/ 8/19
Network Type: FDD-LTE, TDD-LTE , WCDMA
WI-FI: WiFi 2.4G / 5G, 802.11a / b / g / n / ac Wi-Fi
wireless Connectivity: 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, GSM, 2.4GHz / 5GHz WiFi, A-GPS , WiFi Dual Band
4G LTE: B28a / B28b, FDD B1 2100MHz, FDD B13, FDD B17 700MHz, FDD B2 1900MHz, FDD B20 800MHz, FDD B3 1800MHz, FDD B4 1700MHz, FDD B5 850MHz, FDD B7 2600MHz, FDD B8 900MHz, TDD B38 2600MHz, TDD B39 1900MHz, 2300MHz TDD B40, B41 TDD 2500MHz

Screen
The Screen resolution: 2340 x 1080
the Screen Size: 6.3 inches
Screen Type: Capacitive

Camera
Auto Focus: Yes
Retro camera: 48.0MP 12.0MP +
Functions Camera: Beauty face, face recognition
of Camera Type: Cameras Triple
Flashlight: Yes
Camera Front: 20.0MP
Fire Touch: Yes
Video recording: Yes

Multimedia Formats
Live Wallpaper Support: Yes
MS Official format: Excel, PPT, Word
Music Format: MP3, AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, APE, WAV
Picture Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG
Video format: MP4, H .264, MPEG4

Other characteristics
Additional Features: Alarm, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, E-book, fingerprint recognition, fingerprint release, Gravity sensing, Gravity Sensor System, light sensor, Light sensor system, MMS, Notification, proximity Sensor, Sound Recorder, Video Calling
Bluetooth version: Bluetooth V4.2
Google Play Store: yes
I / O Interface: 1 x Nano SIM card slot, 3.5mm audio output port, Microphone, Card Slot Nano SIM / TF Speaker, Type-C
Sensor: Accelerometer, E-Compass, geomagnetic sensor, gravity sensor, gyroscope sensor proximity
Sound Recorder: yes

Battery
Battery capacity (mAh): Built-in 5150mAh

Package Contents
Back: 1
Phone: 1
Charger: 1
SIM Needle: 1
USB cable: 1

Dimensions and weight
Package Size: 18.50 x 18.50 x 4.20 cm / 7.28 x 7.28 x 1.65 inches
Weight Package: 0.5840 kg
Product Size: 15.70 x 7.50 x 0 85 cm / 6.18 x 2.95 x 0.33 inch
Weight of Product: 0.2170 kg​

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Recovery modded +
How to receive Right Root in this new Device S3PRO From UMIDIGI Brand

This Thread is not for beginners and all the steps made will be down the warrancy at own risk.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of installing a custom recovery image
on your MediaTek based UMIDIGI smartphone and to receive right root access.

Some possible issues that might need your attention:

Custom recovery images of different Android versions are not always interchangeable. For example, you can't install an Android 5.0 recovery on a 4.4 system and so on. Any exceptions are mentioned in the list of recovery images.
At most of the devices, after flashing the TWRP image, first you have to boot into recovery (TWRP) or the stock recovery will be restored.
At some devices, after flashing TWRP, first you have to root your phone (install SuperSU or Magisk) or it won't be able to boot into the system.
Once you've rooted your device, you won't be able to install OTA updates anymore but the only way to update your phone is flashing with SP Flash Tool. Flashing a stock ROM (with the stock recovery) will make you able to install OTA updates again.
At some devices (or specific ROM versions), when powering on your phone to boot into TWRP (power + vol-up), after about 3 seconds, you have to release the power button (even if your screen is still black) and keep only the vol-up button pressed until the TWRP welcome screen pops up or the recovery will be skipped and your phone will boot into the system.

What you need:

Driver for Preloader USB VCOM mode:
Windows 10 already can automatically install it or you can use this:
MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

SP Flash Tool application:
SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1904

Adb Command for Windows pc:
Command adb for dos/windows

A custom recovery image that fits your phone

Twrp By material Design test 1:
Scatter + Recovery twrp
161731xmkc0140dfkkm0qk.jpg

Twrp By material Design test 2:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r486...wrp_323_Mat_Des__UmidigiS3_Pro_test2.rar/file
837234-276x500.jpg

New Twrp 3.3.1 test 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kajeg9bbcb0kb55/recovery-twrp-3.3.1_Umidigi_S3_Pro_Test1.rar/file
264090.jpg

Procedure to how to flash the Recovery into Umidigi S3 Pro

Now is not possible to flash the recovery throught flashtool because there is a bootloader locked so we must go ahead with adb command.

1) download all the previous files;

2) in Android S3 Pro in "Settings System details" enter in about phone ot make visible the developer options click several times on about phone ....

3) in Setting System will be now shown the developer menu' enter and switch to visible OEM unlocking allow the bootloader to be unlocked.

4) in Setting System --> the developer menu' --->debug usb activated and connected the usb cable to the phone and the other side to the pc...

5) Now in windows pc run the commad cmd or open a ms-dos window and enter in the adb2 folder
(adb folder when you extraced the adb command and check with adb command);
Type: adb devices .....if the device is recognized type: adb reboot bootloader

6) SEEMS NOT RUN THIS STEP IN THIS DEVICE
(reboot the phone and with power menu' and volume + in the same time enter in booting menu'.......select fastboot mode.)

7) do not remove the usb cable.....now you entered in Fastboot menu...
write the command fastboot devices...and the phone connected with the usb cable must answer the command that is connected..

8) use the command
fastboot oem unlock
o
Fastboot flashing unlock
and wait checking the device screen.....

9) copy with windows command the recovery twrp.img in the adb folder and renamed it with recovery.img
to flash in the phone use this command : Fastboot flash flash recovery recovery.img
the process will start ...and wait it...

10) make this command to reboot into recovery mode: fastboot reboot.
11) now take the buttons pushed with power menu' + volume + and select recovery mode....

12) in recovery mode will show probably russian language...skip the alert with the arrow back and enter in details menu' on the right top to change the language...

NOW NOT REBOOT INTO ANDROID SYSTEM WITHOUT MAKE THE ROOT STEPS
because the android system protection will flash automatically the recovery original and all of you will lost the recovery twrp flashed before
and all of you will repeit all the preious steps again

How to Root your Umidigi S3 Pro

How to Root:
Enter in the Recovery mode.....
You need to FORMAT the partition given TWICE a simple deletion is not enough it seems in Android 7 and upper.
Follow this procedure in this exact order and should solve most problems.

1. Install TWRP through flashtool or adb command and then directly restore in recovery (twrp) do not enter in android system under penalty of twrp deletion and restoration of the original recovery.
2. Select Wipe / Advanced / select date Yes to confirm. When finished, choose Restart, then always in recovery.
3. Choose Wipe Advanced Format DATA again type Yes to confirm When it ends choose Restart always in recovery.
4. Select Wipe and select cache and Dalvik scroll to confirm When it finishes choose Restart and always in Recovery.

5. Now install Magisk 17.1 use this version tested
Magisk 17.1 (Tested)

you can restart in the android system and you will find magisk installed.

For a full root you have to install from the play store busybox app and install the busybox binaries at least in sbin and bin (system folders) the app will guide you
Busybox see here:
lCkpBdZUgO3lB-ANrvlp0RE7D9w_LN3AUjYbRF3tgf4CizLs_xQiz1LwB5_GKiWPs_w=w300

Busybox in the google playstore
I prefer this app to others because of its track automation that doesn't require much experience.

@Everybody
the custom recovery twrp test1 is already in testng phase.....................

Last edited:

CAPPIE37

Mar 22, 2019
harrisburg
THANK YOU

Woooo-hooooooo! got me one ordered....
I cannot wait to see That you guys (and ladies) have
in store for this phone. hopefully as many goodies as you have for galaxy s5
-----and,......thank you ALL for all of that, by the way.....you guys are
:good::good: !!!AWESOME!!!:good::good:

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
Don't get your hopes up... there is no root for the S2 Pro still. I read something about efuse protection but unconfirmed.

Hoping a dev will try to root this S3 Pro
...and that UmiDigi learned from their previous mistakes and deliver a great phone with no camera/battery/charge-port issues, that is really running Pie.

It is a big gamble, but one I was willing to make for $289.

BOUNTY: If a Dev does make a way to root my S3 Pro, I will send them a free S2 (lightly used, doesn't always charge but does sometimes, and always works when plugged in). -lol, if they want it.
(Bounty not valid if it turns out the phone is easily rooted using available tools)

Last edited:

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Hi, yes when the device will arrive in my hands i will continue to make a review and i will open a specific detailed thread about how to receive right root and others mods on it! :cowboy:

Reactions: marcukial

stazz83

Apr 3, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Asus Zenfone 9
Can't wait for my Umidigi S3 Pro that is due to arrive in 1-2 weeks.

Generally, do you guys know what is Mediatek devices development like? Any hope for the P70 processor to get some custom ROMs?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Can't wait for my Umidigi S3 Pro that is due to arrive in 1-2 weeks.

Generally, do you guys know what is Mediatek devices development like? Any hope for the P70 processor to get some custom ROMs?
Is too early to speak about the custom rom... This device is not arrived to anyone and no one firmware is pubblished yet!

Dancap88

Jul 2, 2018
I don't know guys... I'm worried about this phone and the camera app. Do you have any informations about slow motion video and night mode photography? For this Sony sensor and this processor should be super easy...
But te umidigi team is really small and I'm worried that they don't know how to use potential of this Sony camera sensor and mediatek processor.
I hope I can install GCAM or openCamera
I see they have huge problem to sent s3 pro to indigogo customers but what about aliexpress customers...? How long we have to wait for it?

totmakina

Nov 13, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Good Notice! TWRP!!

The twrp is pubblished in official forum... I will update also this thread.. I need a period of test phase.... :cowboy:
Hello Ghost! I already saw the publication of your post in the official forum. Now download the twrp and also download the official rom to have it in reserve.
Hopy bought the s3 pro. I just hoped that the official rom would come out to carry a twrp that already had realme u1 if no one did it. But luckily you posted one that will be installed when I get the smartphone. When I arrive, you can count on me for any help. It would be nice to have treble for this team. We trust you !!
:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New UMIDIGI S3 Pro

New thread for the new model UMIDIGI S3 Pro Helio P70 Octa core Mtk 6772

Umidigi S3 PRO MT6772 Octa Core 4G LTE 802.11ac 6GB 128GB Android 9 Smartphone 6,3 inches

s3pro.png

Everybody are Welcome!:good:

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
    More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
    http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=256
    Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE​
    Specification
    can3.jpg

Basic Information
    Brand: UMIDIGI
    Language: Multi language
    Provide Services: Unlocked
    SIM Slot cards: Standby Dual
    SIM Card Type: Double Nano SIM
    to Sciarba type: 4G Mobile

Hardware
    CPU: Helio P70
    Cores: 2.1GHz, Octa Core
    External Memory: TF card up to 256 GB (not included)
    RAM: 6GB of RAM
    ROM: 128GB

Network
    2G: GSM 1800MHz, GSM 1900MHz, GSM 850MHz, GSM 900MHz
    3G: UMTS (WCDMA) / HSPA + / DC-HSDPA: BAND1 / 2/4/5/6/ 8/19
    Network Type: FDD-LTE, TDD-LTE , WCDMA
    WI-FI: WiFi 2.4G / 5G, 802.11a / b / g / n / ac Wi-Fi
    wireless Connectivity: 3G, 4G, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, GSM, 2.4GHz / 5GHz WiFi, A-GPS , WiFi Dual Band
    4G LTE: B28a / B28b, FDD B1 2100MHz, FDD B13, FDD B17 700MHz, FDD B2 1900MHz, FDD B20 800MHz, FDD B3 1800MHz, FDD B4 1700MHz, FDD B5 850MHz, FDD B7 2600MHz, FDD B8 900MHz, TDD B38 2600MHz, TDD B39 1900MHz, 2300MHz TDD B40, B41 TDD 2500MHz

Screen
    The Screen resolution: 2340 x 1080
    the Screen Size: 6.3 inches
    Screen Type: Capacitive

Camera
    Auto Focus: Yes
    Retro camera: 48.0MP 12.0MP +
    Functions Camera: Beauty face, face recognition
    of Camera Type: Cameras Triple
    Flashlight: Yes
    Camera Front: 20.0MP
    Fire Touch: Yes
    Video recording: Yes

Multimedia Formats
    Live Wallpaper Support: Yes
    MS Official format: Excel, PPT, Word
    Music Format: MP3, AAC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, APE, WAV
    Picture Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG
    Video format: MP4, H .264, MPEG4

Other characteristics
    Additional Features: Alarm, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, E-book, fingerprint recognition, fingerprint release, Gravity sensing, Gravity Sensor System, light sensor, Light sensor system, MMS, Notification, proximity Sensor, Sound Recorder, Video Calling
    Bluetooth version: Bluetooth V4.2
    Google Play Store: yes
    I / O Interface: 1 x Nano SIM card slot, 3.5mm audio output port, Microphone, Card Slot Nano SIM / TF Speaker, Type-C
    Sensor: Accelerometer, E-Compass, geomagnetic sensor, gravity sensor, gyroscope sensor proximity
    Sound Recorder: yes

Battery
    Battery capacity (mAh): Built-in 5150mAh

Package Contents
    Back: 1
    Phone: 1
    Charger: 1
    SIM Needle: 1
    USB cable: 1

Dimensions and weight
    Package Size: 18.50 x 18.50 x 4.20 cm / 7.28 x 7.28 x 1.65 inches
    Weight Package: 0.5840 kg
    Product Size: 15.70 x 7.50 x 0 85 cm / 6.18 x 2.95 x 0.33 inch
    Weight of Product: 0.2170 kg​
    Recovery modded +
    How to receive Right Root in this new Device S3PRO From UMIDIGI Brand

This Thread is not for beginners and all the steps made will be down the warrancy at own risk.
    This tutorial will guide you through the process of installing a custom recovery image
    on your MediaTek based UMIDIGI smartphone and to receive right root access.

Some possible issues that might need your attention:

Custom recovery images of different Android versions are not always interchangeable. For example, you can't install an Android 5.0 recovery on a 4.4 system and so on. Any exceptions are mentioned in the list of recovery images.
    At most of the devices, after flashing the TWRP image, first you have to boot into recovery (TWRP) or the stock recovery will be restored.
    At some devices, after flashing TWRP, first you have to root your phone (install SuperSU or Magisk) or it won't be able to boot into the system.
    Once you've rooted your device, you won't be able to install OTA updates anymore but the only way to update your phone is flashing with SP Flash Tool. Flashing a stock ROM (with the stock recovery) will make you able to install OTA updates again.
    At some devices (or specific ROM versions), when powering on your phone to boot into TWRP (power + vol-up), after about 3 seconds, you have to release the power button (even if your screen is still black) and keep only the vol-up button pressed until the TWRP welcome screen pops up or the recovery will be skipped and your phone will boot into the system.

What you need:

Driver for Preloader USB VCOM mode:
    Windows 10 already can automatically install it or you can use this:
    MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

SP Flash Tool application:
    SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1904

Adb Command for Windows pc:
    Command adb for dos/windows

A custom recovery image that fits your phone

Twrp By material Design test 1:
    Scatter + Recovery twrp
    161731xmkc0140dfkkm0qk.jpg

Twrp By material Design test 2:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/r486...wrp_323_Mat_Des__UmidigiS3_Pro_test2.rar/file
    837234-276x500.jpg

New Twrp 3.3.1 test 1:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/kajeg9bbcb0kb55/recovery-twrp-3.3.1_Umidigi_S3_Pro_Test1.rar/file
    264090.jpg

Procedure to how to flash the Recovery into Umidigi S3 Pro

Now is not possible to flash the recovery throught flashtool because there is a bootloader locked so we must go ahead with adb command.

1) download all the previous files;

2) in Android S3 Pro in "Settings System details" enter in about phone ot make visible the developer options click several times on about phone ....

3) in Setting System will be now shown the developer menu' enter and switch to visible OEM unlocking allow the bootloader to be unlocked.

4) in Setting System --> the developer menu' --->debug usb activated and connected the usb cable to the phone and the other side to the pc...

5) Now in windows pc run the commad cmd or open a ms-dos window and enter in the adb2 folder
    (adb folder when you extraced the adb command and check with adb command);
    Type: adb devices .....if the device is recognized type: adb reboot bootloader

6) SEEMS NOT RUN THIS STEP IN THIS DEVICE
    (reboot the phone and with power menu' and volume + in the same time enter in booting menu'.......select fastboot mode.)

7) do not remove the usb cable.....now you entered in Fastboot menu...
    write the command fastboot devices...and the phone connected with the usb cable must answer the command that is connected..

8) use the command
    fastboot oem unlock
    o
    Fastboot flashing unlock
    and wait checking the device screen.....

9) copy with windows command the recovery twrp.img in the adb folder and renamed it with recovery.img
    to flash in the phone use this command : Fastboot flash flash recovery recovery.img
    the process will start ...and wait it...

10) make this command to reboot into recovery mode: fastboot reboot.
    11) now take the buttons pushed with power menu' + volume + and select recovery mode....

12) in recovery mode will show probably russian language...skip the alert with the arrow back and enter in details menu' on the right top to change the language...

NOW NOT REBOOT INTO ANDROID SYSTEM WITHOUT MAKE THE ROOT STEPS
    because the android system protection will flash automatically the recovery original and all of you will lost the recovery twrp flashed before
    and all of you will repeit all the preious steps again

How to Root your Umidigi S3 Pro

How to Root:
    Enter in the Recovery mode.....
    You need to FORMAT the partition given TWICE a simple deletion is not enough it seems in Android 7 and upper.
    Follow this procedure in this exact order and should solve most problems.

1. Install TWRP through flashtool or adb command and then directly restore in recovery (twrp) do not enter in android system under penalty of twrp deletion and restoration of the original recovery.
    2. Select Wipe / Advanced / select date Yes to confirm. When finished, choose Restart, then always in recovery.
    3. Choose Wipe Advanced Format DATA again type Yes to confirm When it ends choose Restart always in recovery.
    4. Select Wipe and select cache and Dalvik scroll to confirm When it finishes choose Restart and always in Recovery.

5. Now install Magisk 17.1 use this version tested
    Magisk 17.1 (Tested)

you can restart in the android system and you will find magisk installed.

For a full root you have to install from the play store busybox app and install the busybox binaries at least in sbin and bin (system folders) the app will guide you
    Busybox see here:
    lCkpBdZUgO3lB-ANrvlp0RE7D9w_LN3AUjYbRF3tgf4CizLs_xQiz1LwB5_GKiWPs_w=w300

Busybox in the google playstore
    I prefer this app to others because of its track automation that doesn't require much experience.

@Everybody
    the custom recovery twrp test1 is already in testng phase.....................

POSSIBLE CAMERA QUALITY FIX! I came across this in another forum and it seems to make a big difference I take no credit give it a try.

"You want better camera quality? then install "Snap Camera". Go to "Settings" and then "Other" and set "Use Camera2 API" to on.
    Using API2 will disable the annoying denoiser and give more detailed pictures.
    Here a comparison https://bit.ly/2Yu08um with API2 off, on and on with night scene.
    Full HiRes pictures for comparison can be downloaded here http://www.mediafire.com/file/ij ... _by_s7yler.zip/file
    See also the difference in night shots here, try to compare them side by side, and you see a BIG difference in detail!

With stock camera app:
    https://www.chinamobiles.org/attachments/img_20190518_221554_6-jpg.126722/

With Snap Cam, API2 on and Denoiser off:
    https://www.chinamobiles.org/attachments/img_20190518_221523-jpg.126723/ "
    Screen Freeze..possible fix (temp fix)

For the time being, I will not make any changes to the smartphone system so as not to lose the warranty since the problem may be at the level of hardware. So far no one advice how to solve the problem. Reset does not help.

Screen freezing....Argh
    I updated my phone and my phone has not been the same since. I almost bought another phone because it was so bad i could not even text. But I found a workaround in the mean time. For me (in the us) I didnt not have an issue with screen when i first got the phone. with updates it started and get worse. In my research i found that the issue should be related to the kernel touch drivers. Trying to find a custom kernel (boot.img) is next to impossible online. So I downloaded all of the software packages (Global and EU) from Umidigi's website. I found i was able to use spflash tool to do a complete flash to my phone with ...0606 software. However....(here is the magic) after the 0606 flash I used the spflash tool to download only the boot.img (uncheck everything but the boot.img) select the one from the from the 0404 software onto my phone.

this has made my phone useable once again with the latest update. Im sure something with the AI was removed but i have both cameras and both seem to work fine but pictures are not my main focus. I have gone about 3 hours now without a screen freeze.

BTW in the US is you use the EU software you will notice some nice features on the UI but my radio reception (AT&T) was horrible. Hopefully this helps someone else suffering from the damn screen issue.