Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2013, 03:44 AM |#181  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs

i was saying the cm10.zip should prolly be renamed since its not actually cm. but i have it all figured out. my only problem now is figuring out why i cant get the partitions created. if i use the novaterm.exe program, all i get is "unhandled exception" errors, but if i use the lighter weight novaterm.jar program, all the steps go through but the partitions arent there afterwards.

Oh! lol.. yeah... good idea... I will do that next time I update!
30th September 2013, 03:46 AM |#182  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanam

Great my pc is on the blink. Anyone know how to get palm SDK and novacom working on a Mac? I googled it but getting confused because virtualbox 3.2 isn't compatible with osx 10.8 and palm Sdk seems to require that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm... no... Try this....

http://web.archive.org/web/201301302..._download.html

Maybe you can boot the mac computer off of a Ubuntu CD? Or.. Virtualbox.... Let us know! I have a macbook... I think it's on 10.7.4
30th September 2013, 03:59 AM |#183  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Testing ts_srv with loftoff of 40000.. as that is what is in Ubuntu Desktop ts_srv that jcsullins wrote?

Edit.. Still buggy...

ts_srv for Ubuntu Desktop works with a touch.. but... X and Y must be off or something.
30th September 2013, 05:05 AM |#184  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 564

More
well, i got everything installed and working. but now android isnt mounting the sdcard partition. it says "damaged sd card. sdcard is damaged. try reformatting it." when trying to mount. cant even take a screenshot of it because it has to save to sdcard. cwm and webos read the partition just fine. tried to repair it with tailer in webos, didnt work, tried the fix from http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13277-fix...f-cyanogenmod/ but didnt work. any suggestions?
30th September 2013, 05:09 AM |#185  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:

well, i got everything installed and working. but now android isnt mounting the sdcard partition. it says "damaged sd card. sdcard is damaged. try reformatting it." when trying to mount. cant even take a screenshot of it because it has to save to sdcard. cwm and webos read the partition just fine. tried to repair it with tailer in webos, didnt work, tried the fix from http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13277-fix...f-cyanogenmod/ but didnt work. any suggestions?

Hmmm... let me see.

sdcard is mounted okay in Ubuntu Touch, Android, and WebOS for me... ??? Someone else mentioned the "emulated sdcard fix" he may have installed.. Have you installed this? He thought that perhaps it was messing things up.. I have no idea about what he was referring to.

Can you mount /sdcard in.. WebOS? (doubftul you can since you cannot in android)

When running create_partition... did you get any errors about not being able to umount /media/internal? ( I have a feeling you might have?) It would say something about being busy and to hit 0 if it did... Remember that?

Can you run dosfsck on /dev/store/media?...

If all else fails.. you can reformat the sdcard.. but... I would see what happened first.
mkfs.vfat /dev/store/media should be the command to do that... !

Screenshot without /sdcard
http://blog.shvetsov.com/2013/02/gra...puter-via.html

the other option to create the lvm would be to use a kernel initramfs like the AcmeInstaller.. I could... try.. that...?
30th September 2013, 06:54 AM |#186  
Flag Houston

More
i dont know what the emulated sdcard fix is. i didnt get any errors about unable to unmount /media/internal when creating partitions. it does mount under webos (and in cwm too, just not android). it even remounts if i do something like connect it to usb. if i do a check in tailor in webos, it says the filesystem needs to be repaired but it fails to repair it. i tried using dosfsck on it but i dont know how to use it. this is all i got in novaterm:
Code:
[email protected]:/# dosfsck                                             
usage: dosfsck [-aAflrtvVwy] [-d path -d ...] [-u path -u ...]                  
               device                                                           
  -a       automatically repair the file system                                 
  -A       toggle Atari file system format                                      
  -d path  drop that file                                                       
  -f       salvage unused chains to files                                       
  -l       list path names                                                      
  -n       no-op, check non-interactively without changing                      
  -r       interactively repair the file system                                 
  -t       test for bad clusters                                                
  -u path  try to undelete that (non-directory) file                            
  -v       verbose mode                                                         
  -V       perform a verification pass                                          
  -w       write changes to disk immediately                                    
  -y       same as -a, for compat with other *fsck

[email protected]:/# dosfsck -a /dev/store/media                         
dosfsck 2.11, 12 Mar 2005, FAT32, LFN                                           
Seek to 23127391744:Invalid argument

[email protected]:/# dosfsck -r /dev/store/media                         
what am i supposed to be putting in? thanks for the info on adb screenshots. didnt know you could do that outside of ddms. i really dont want to have to resort to formatting this partition since it does still read elsewhere and should be able to be repaired..
30th September 2013, 06:58 AM |#187  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:

i dont know what the emulated sdcard fix is. i didnt get any errors about unable to unmount /media/internal when creating partitions. it does mount under webos (and in cwm too, just not android). it even remounts if i do something like connect it to usb. if i do a check in tailor in webos, it says the filesystem needs to be repaired but it fails to repair it. i tried using dosfsck on it but i dont know how to use it. this is all i got in novaterm:

Code:
[email protected]:/# dosfsck                                             
usage: dosfsck [-aAflrtvVwy] [-d path -d ...] [-u path -u ...]                  
               device                                                           
  -a       automatically repair the file system                                 
  -A       toggle Atari file system format                                      
  -d path  drop that file                                                       
  -f       salvage unused chains to files                                       
  -l       list path names                                                      
  -n       no-op, check non-interactively without changing                      
  -r       interactively repair the file system                                 
  -t       test for bad clusters                                                
  -u path  try to undelete that (non-directory) file                            
  -v       verbose mode                                                         
  -V       perform a verification pass                                          
  -w       write changes to disk immediately                                    
  -y       same as -a, for compat with other *fsck

[email protected]:/# dosfsck -a /dev/store/media                         

[email protected]:/# dosfsck -r /dev/store/media                         
what am i supposed to be putting in? thanks for the info on adb screenshots. didnt know you could do that outside of ddms. i really dont want to have to resort to formatting this partition since it does still read elsewhere and should be able to be repaired..

as root
dosfsck -w -r -l -a -v /dev/store/media

try that.. strange.. so it works on webos but not android...
30th September 2013, 07:18 AM |#188  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshafer817

as root

Try this.

lvresize -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/store-media
resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 10.66G

I would replace 10.66G with slightly more then your using. Maybe shrink then expand...
30th September 2013, 07:19 AM |#189  
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshafer817

as root

Code:
[email protected]:/# dosfsck -w -r -l -a -v /dev/store/media             
dosfsck 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)                                                      
Checking we can access the last sector of the filesystem                        
nope

Quote:

yep

23127391744 bytes is 21.5391 gibibytes. thats about the size of the partition, a little bit bigger. is there a problem "seeking" there? huh?
30th September 2013, 07:42 AM |#190  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:

Code:
[email protected]:/# dosfsck -w -r -l -a -v /dev/store/media             
dosfsck 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)                                                      
Checking we can access the last sector of the filesystem                        
nope

yep

23127391744 bytes is 21.5391 gibibytes. thats about the size of the partition, a little bit bigger. is there a problem "seeking" there? huh?

You have a 32GB TP? I have one.. I have not tested it. I have tested the 16G. Hmmm... Shouldn't matter....try the resize free100% command from the last post yet?

post the output of mount in webos vs android?
30th September 2013, 12:18 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Hey hey installed fine and working as described, however I also get SD card error in android like previous poster. Will see if it can be fixed. Other than that cool work. Keep it up with Ubuntu. How many % do yo think are working correctly? I am having issues sometimes closing the second program on top of another and going back to a previous screen....but its cool. When you update the Ubuntu rootfs, can we just install it over "old" ubunut saucy or do we need to perform an uninstall and install new?
Cheers don't drink too much coffee

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

What happens if I just press format SD card in android?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)