FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Build.prop tweaks don't stick, reset when I reboot

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By xWhiskey, Senior Member on 2nd January 2013, 12:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2015, 06:03 AM |#11  
Maybe it has some stock security feed, try to go to custom roms i dont now what else can you do

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app

17th January 2015, 06:17 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexton

Maybe it has some stock security feed, try to go to custom roms i dont now what else can you do

it my first ported rom -porting by replacing files ,not expert work- and i'm having this problem
17th January 2015, 06:42 AM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kico.MMK

it my first ported rom -porting by replacing files ,not expert work- and i'm having this problem

Try finding your device on xda and look for a custom rom that someone more expirienced than you if it doesnt work i dont know what will

17th January 2015, 06:59 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexton

Try finding your device on xda and look for a custom rom that someone more expirienced than you if it doesnt work i dont know what will

thanks for the advice , actually i did that but you know there is always something to be fixed
7th January 2016, 08:48 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
I have the same issue with my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. I have root and system has read write access according to ES File Explorer. But any app that has root privileges, writes just fine without errors. However, if I close the app and load it again, or reboot, any changes are lost. So if I remove a system app using a root uninstaller it will say the app has been uninstalled. But it's still there. Drives me insane.
9th August 2016, 12:15 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Exactly the same on the Smart Ultra 6.

Was hard enough to get it rooted but seems any changes to the system partition/file system just don't stick. Short of putting a custom rom on it I'm stuck for ideas.

I'd love to know what causes this behaviour.
10th January 2017, 07:13 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Any updates here? I just started running into this after updating to the 7.1.1 January factory image on my 5x. The weird thing is when i reboot in TWRP it all looks fine but when I look at my system directory from Android the boot-from-recovery.p is still there and my build.prop changes aren't...push TWRP again, boot to recovery read build.prop and it's my edited version. wtf?
25th December 2017, 10:06 AM |#18  

More
I have found a solution which works in my case.

Edit build prop using any root explorer and save it.
Now once again edit the file with different root explorer app like amaze or es explorer with some comment line like
#comment
and save it.
Now it should prevent the build prop from resetting after a reboot.
9th March 2019, 08:43 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the same problem: after reboot all the changes are gone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashd63

I have found a solution which works in my case.

Edit build prop using any root explorer and save it.
Now once again edit the file with different root explorer app like amaze or es explorer with some comment line like
#comment
and save it.
Now it should prevent the build prop from resetting after a reboot.

It's not working for me ☹

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Is it normal that my build.prop has the permissions -rw------ ?
This could be the problem.
13th August 2019, 05:33 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullie4404

I have the same problem: after reboot all the changes are gone....

It's not working for me ☹

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Is it normal that my build.prop has the permissions -rw------ ?
This could be the problem.

Did you ever find the solution to this? I'm having the same problem..all changes reset with every reboot and the file's permission is like -rw-----
14th August 2019, 09:25 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0t

Did you ever find the solution to this? I'm having the same problem..all changes reset with every reboot and the file's permission is like -rw-----

I found out that the build.prop is reset at shutdown on my device. So i am changing it when its off, with twrp flashable zip. An other way is to make it via adb on the pc, but its with twrp too.
You can search for tutorials in interent like
- flashable build.prop
- change build.prop via adb in twrp mode
For me the flashable zip work fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ullie4404 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ullie4404 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)