CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Arcee making it big time lol.

http://tinyurl.com/75rttu2

Hey Arcee, where's our jelly beans? X) I see u got a new toy, but don't forget about us pls :D

Is the optimus 4X HD similar to ours? As in if it works on that, will it work on the p930?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
Arcee making it big time lol.

http://tinyurl.com/75rttu2

Hey Arcee, where's our jelly beans? X) I see u got a new toy, but don't forget about us pls :D

Is the optimus 4X HD similar to ours? As in if it works on that, will it work on the p930?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

"The point of the preview isn't as much the specific device, I'm just trying to point out that we can actually get CM10 to do things now on devices that aren't named "Nexus" :p"

What this means is they're probably at a pretty similar point on a lot of devices. They seem to be making really good progress. Nightlies within a couple weeks seems reasonable.

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
cm9 crew needs to be put in charge of getting **** done- everywhere&everything. i'm very impressed with their work ethic.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Reactions: dnorthington

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24505166

See the rest of that thread for directions and MD5 checksum. Its like 2-3dBm better for me on HSPA

Sent from my LG Nitro HD

Thanks! I have some questions.

Looks like some people had lower speeds after updating (end of thread)?

What exactly is the firmware partition? It's not the kernel is it?

Would these need to be reflashed after a CM9 update or does the CM9 package not touch baseband and firmware partitions?

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
CM9 and most ROMs won't touch the firmware/baseband partitions. Off the top of my head, the only CWM-flashable ROM on this site that does modify them is this one.

If you use the unbricking method to install a KDZ, that will also overwrite your firmware/baseband partitions.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
CM9 and most ROMs won't touch the firmware/baseband partitions. Off the top of my head, the only CWM-flashable ROM on this site that does modify them is this one.

If you use the unbricking method to install a KDZ, that will also overwrite your firmware/baseband partitions.

Cool, so lastly, what does the firmware partition do?

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

996gt2

Mar 28, 2012
Are any of these latest nightlies worth it over CM9 RC1?

CM9 RC1 actually seems to be semi-stable for me, only requiring a reboot every few days. Tethering works, GPS works, signal is good. Do the nightlies maintain this relatively acceptable level of stability?

Apr 9, 2012
Please Help

Hi i am running the latest nightly and yesterday i wiped my micro sd card from my phones software and after reboot there is horrible lag making it unusable i can boot into cwm but restoring from backups still have this problem. Can someone help me? Would i have to do the unbricking guide or is there some other way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP