[Cbump] POSIX C implementation of Open_Bump

Search This thread
F

ferreirawax

Hello,

A few days ago I wrote a new implementation inspired by the work of CyboLabs and Codefire that in harmony contributed for the creation of Open_Bump. Basically I rewrote Open_Bump using POSIX C to run directly on LG G2 or any compatible device with Open_Bump. So now you can bump any kernel or recovery using the target device, validate images to know if they have been bumped and other things.

The source code and binaries for Linux and Android found at: https://github.com/ferreirawax/cbump

FAQ

What is POSIX?
POSIX is an API for Unix-like systems (Linux, Android, etc).

But what are the benefits of this?
Considering the benefits already mentioned above. Other example, if you are a developer, you will probably will get rid of Python or even get rid of everything and create a script to bump the Kernel/Recovery on the flash time.

And why the original developers did not do it?
I do not know.

I do not know how to use it.
See the readme in the link above.

Cheers!

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nice work, I guess the reason why it remained in Python was because it was just working fine once you installed python on your linux environment. And the only way to bump on android was what was implented in multirom to first unloki the boot.img and then sign it with the LG key.

Just some questions:
so if you use cbump with -f then it will check or it's bumped and then flash it but if it's loki then it will not flash it and it will only say that it's not bumped right?
And with your usage:
Code:
usage: cbump [-f|--flash] [-a|--avexado] [stdin] [stdin]
Is it both stdin or must the last one be stdout?
Code:
usage: cbump [-f|--flash] [-a|--avexado] [stdin] [stdout]
Also could you perhaps explain a bit with how to use it on android, like where to put it and those things a little bit more explaination.
Just asking as I won't check the complete code now and as I am tired and I am still a newb at this level of writing codes etc but it look's :good: but still, I am not sure how much we will use cbump in Android and perhaps also in multirom but I'll check it out perhaps tomorrow or later more. Still thanks for your contribution:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: siggey
F

ferreirawax

Nice work, I guess the reason why it remained in Python was because it was just working fine once you installed python on your linux environment. And the only way to bump on android was what was implented in multirom to first unloki the boot.img and then sign it with the LG key.

Just some questions:
so if you use cbump with -f then it will check or it's bumped and then flash it but if it's loki then it will not flash it and it will only say that it's not bumped right?
And with your usage:
Code:
Code:
Also could you perhaps explain a bit with how to use it on android, like where to put it and those things a little bit more explaination.
Just asking as I won't check the complete code now and as I am tired and I am still a newb at this level of writing codes etc but it look's :good: but still, I am not sure how much we will use cbump in Android and perhaps also in multirom but I'll check it out perhaps tomorrow or later more. Still thanks for your contribution:good:

Hello,

I know that Python works well, but Cbump was thought to be portable. I did not even know about MultiROM, I checked now and discover that he used the unrepresentative signature in many standard unicodes which is not an elegant method. About -f, yes. I had not thought about Loki up because I have no reason to use Loki instead of Bump (Without disregarding the Dan's splendid work), Maybe I can add support for Loki verification later. About streams take look here, I'll add more information/instructions in thread soon.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
how I know if my devices is bump supported? I know it works in G2,G3 on lollipop 5.0.2, right? now I own a G flex 2 on 5.0.1, can this work?????

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
how I know if my devices is bump supported? I know it works in G2,G3 on lollipop 5.0.2, right? now I own a G flex 2 on 5.0.1, can this work?????

ern9s2.jpg

You're in the WROOOOOONG thread, buddy...

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
ern9s2.jpg

You're in the WROOOOOONG thread, buddy...

haha,no I dont buddy, LG exploits can be used for all LG devices (we have root on g2,g3,g4,gflex,gflex2 with the SAME EXPLOIT) He understands how the exploit "bump" works... so I need help from HIM to try this in my devices :)

....... thanks

From Readme.txt
"The flash function uses MSM identifier to detect partition block, Tested only on LG G2, Probably works too with LG G3 and others LG devices powered by Qualcomm."

Last edited:

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Sorry its me again
I have a lot of question???? can you help me? @ferreirawax
I have two partitions on my phone (aboot and boot), which should be used???
I will dump the correct partition with
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot of=/data/media/0/boot.img
then use your tool like
Code:
cbump /data/media/0/boot.img /data/media/0/cboot.img
flash partition with
Code:
dd if=/data/media/0/cboot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot
and try to booting up....so if this boot up means it works?
and my next step will be make a TWRP recovery???? I will be carefull cause My phone doesnt have kdz or tot for go back to stock... I only have my own backup from dd

Last edited:

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Sj12345 this is a rewritten version of open_bump so if bump didnt worked on your device this won't work either. Lollipop isn't working with bump only jellybean and kitkat as far as I know. Also I suggest before doing these things to learn what the partitions etc are before you will hardbrick yourself. Aboot is the bootloader. Boot is the boot.img so that's the kernel.
It probably will result into an security error.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

blastagator

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2012
Fern Park, FL
This is awesome, thank you so much. Now we can use .zip to bump and flash, just like loki method. Will make testing things SO much easier. Won't have to re-bump the image every time :) :)

You the man!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It will be useful for developers, thanks for the effort
    One word: COOL :)

Just some questions:
    And with your usage:
    Code:
    Code:
    @ferreirawax

Very cool work. Can't wait to expand on this and find more use cases!