FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,698 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,279

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2018, 07:22 AM |#1941  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

I have a small issue with the adb/fastboot flash zip. It works perfectly when using it as adb, and I can boot the device I talk to into fastboot mode, but I can't get it to acknowledge the device in that state. I'm using a Galaxy S4 CM 13 to talk to an Amazon HD 10 on lollipop stock rom 5.1.1 (fireOS).

Could be something about the Fire forks of things. No idea, really, it works with my devices, and these aren't my compiles so there's not much that can be done.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2018, 07:50 AM |#1942  
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Could be something about the Fire forks of things. No idea, really, it works with my devices, and these aren't my compiles so there's not much that can be done.

Wouldn't surprise me. I already discovered several bin and xbin files amazon replaced with their own like /bin/bootanimation. Looks like i have a few more to replace.
21st August 2018, 03:34 PM |#1943  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wouldn't surprise me. I already discovered several bin and xbin files amazon replaced with their own like /bin/bootanimation. Looks like i have a few more to replace.

If your device with my module installed is arm64 you could also try the older armeabi fastboot included to see if it works instead. Just extract it from the zip, rename the binary, and overwrite the fastboot in the installation.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2018, 03:44 PM |#1944  
Quote:

If your device with my module installed is arm64 you could also try the older armeabi fastboot included to see if it works instead. Just extract it from the zip, rename the binary, and overwrite the fastboot in the installation.

If you mean the Amazon device, you might actually be right about that. Some things see it as a arm64, like Xposed, where as others see it as armeabi. The device isn't quite all the way to 64, so this may actually work. Ill let you know.
21st August 2018, 03:48 PM |#1945  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you mean the Amazon device, you might actually be right about that. Some things see it as a arm64, like Xposed, where as others see it as armeabi. The device isn't quite all the way to 64, so this may actually work. Ill let you know.

I believe you said you were trying to connect to to the Amazon Fire using the S4, which would mean the S4 has my zip flashed to it to add the binaries, no? But either way, try the armeabi fastboot if the included newer arm one doesn't work.
21st August 2018, 04:15 PM |#1946  
Flag Scheveningen
Thanks Meter: 1,900

More
Has anybody tried to extract the system.img from one of the Essential PH-1 images?
(PC windows 10)
EDIT
I mean extract the system files from 'system.img'
Seems the img-format is different....
21st August 2018, 10:45 PM |#1947  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Landshut (Ndb.)
Thanks Meter: 4,530

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Damn, weird. Is vanced in Magisk's /sbin/.core/img/ still? What's actually happening? Logs from the installs of each and Magisk's boot log would be helpful. I can try it on my Galaxy Nexus to see what happens on a truly ghetto old device. Did it work on older versions of either module? If so, any idea what changed?

Here's a installation log of magisk 16.7, after the install of busybox youtube vanced vanishes, so the workaround mentioned by @whiteak doesn't seem to work on my N7 & N4 (didn't checked the 5t as it is working there), and please check the screenshot, "vanced" seems to be still in sbin/.core/img/....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11tC...w?usp=drivesdk

Edit: if you need anything just let me know!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_MiXplorer_20180821-232344.png
Views:	338
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	4577602  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Nakamura For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sam Nakamura Ad-Free
22nd August 2018, 02:35 AM |#1948  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Log from Magisk booting would be good. Honestly this is sounding more and more like a Magisk issue/limitation.. from so many bind mounts perhaps? Thoughts, @Didgeridoohan? @topjohnwu?
22nd August 2018, 06:41 AM |#1949  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 7,672

Donate to Me
More
@Sam Nakamura @osm0sis Usually when a module isn't mounted properly it's caused by a broken post-fs-data script in another module. The Magisk log would be good to see as well, since it might actually be some other module that is the real culprit.

I have both @osm0sis Busybox and Youtube Vanced installed on my devices (Nexus 6 and Oneplus 3T) and haven't seen anything of the described issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
22nd August 2018, 07:16 AM |#1950  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Landshut (Ndb.)
Thanks Meter: 4,530

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

@Sam [email protected] Usually when a module isn't mounted properly it's caused by a broken post-fs-data script in another module. The Magisk log would be good to see as well, since it might actually be some other module that is the real culprit.

I have both @osm0sis Busybox and Youtube Vanced installed on my devices (Nexus 6 and Oneplus 3T) and haven't seen anything of the described issue.

Yeah, it's only present on my 32bit devices, I mentioned that earlier - I'm grabbing more logs later on...

Edit:
Here's a Magisk debug log from right after installing busybox & reboot, simultaneously youtube vanced disappeared:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16xw...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kls...w?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
22nd August 2018, 07:22 AM |#1951  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 7,672

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Nakamura

Yeah, it's only present on my 32bit devices, I mentioned that earlier - I'm grabbing more logs latter on...

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

I know... The Nexus 6 is 32-bit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)