Stock 4.2 keyboard with number row!

Search This thread

cforlife

Jul 28, 2010
I have tweaked the stock keyboard and added a number row. I did remove secondary long press for keys. I'm sure some people wont like that but I never use that and it makes the keyboard look cluttered. I'm not really planing to add features but the below instructions will help you add more tweaks.

Instructions: (Non-Samsung based ROMS)

- You obviously need root access.
- Download LatinIME.7z
- Extract file. You should now have one apk (LatinIME.apk)
- Make backup of system/app/LatinIME.apk.
- Copy the apk to system/app folder.
- Reboot

Screenshot_2013-02-24-15-40-38.png

You guys can do this also with these instructions

Last edited:

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Right on, man. Awesome.
EDIT: is gesture typing still working for those who have installed this? Not working for me

Last edited:

rohail6

Jun 9, 2012
Thanks a LOT man this is awesome, you've made my day! I have a tiny request though can you make the number line disappear when I shift it to landscape mode?

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
I'm on ManelScout's Paranoid Android 3.10
I can pull my orig LatinIME and figure it out later. Just wanted to see if it was happening there ;)

Gesture works, just doesn't type anything.

I remember this happening to me on a different rom - what fixed it was tracking down and including libjni_latinimegoogle.so in /system/lib (it wasn't already there for whatever reason). Dunno if it helps, but here's hoping it does :)

Reactions: decalex

shaqqq

Apr 9, 2011
How can I get this keyboard without root?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

rohail6

Jun 9, 2012
Hey, for me the landscape mode's bottom row doesn't work half the time. I now realize the bottom half of the space bar and enter key don't work, it doesn't detect the touch. Portrait mode works perfectly though. I have a Galaxy Note 2. If you could, please, could you post up another apk where just the portrait mode keyboard has the number row? Thanks for anything :)

xIvanx

May 3, 2012
Bronx
I have tweaked the stock keyboard and added a number row. I did remove secondary long press for keys. I'm sure some people wont like that but I never use that and it makes the keyboard look cluttered. I'm not really planing to add features but the below instructions will help you add more tweaks.

- Download LatinIME.7z
- Reboot

I would pay to get this on the Swype.

wingzero

Jan 23, 2007
OK, I copied this to system/app, rebooted and now I have no keyboard at all.:crying: I am on Jedi Sons of Android 4.2.2. Any help would be appreciated.

seriosbrad

Sep 2, 2010
Alberta
Man, this is exactly what I was looking for! I never used the secondary keys either. Works 100% on AOKP MR5

Sent from my SGH-i317M using Tapatalk 2

cforlife

Jul 28, 2010
That is a Samsung feature which I think is cool but I believe I need source code to make that happen. So no it doesn't support that.

cforlife

Jul 28, 2010
I don't have plans as of now. I don't think I can release this with out my own app signature which requires source code.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Download LatinIME.7z
    - Reboot

Interesting... I tried to flash it after wiping cache and dalvik, fixed permissions, rebooted and keyboard kept crashing...

I had to dirty flash ROM to fix it back to stock.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Oh sorry to hear that, but its really strange i hvnt faced this problem, anyways here you go stock AOSP keyboard in case something goes wrong you can flash this to return to stock working keyboard

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n94ey90g52xtmip/Black 4.2 Keyboard.zip
    Sorry if this is a silly question or has been asked before: isn't it just possible to have the s3 keyboard and this keyboard installed together? I share my telephone sometimes and the wife prefers stock s3 but I do the 4.2 . if so how would I do that?

the monkey grabbed my banana, now its eating vanilla sticks

Yes u can, u can have both the keyboards on the same Rom. The Stock samsung keyboard is named SamsungIME while the stock Android keyboard is named LatinIME, so these two don't collide and hence you can use both keyboards.
    I'm on ManelScout's Paranoid Android 3.10
    I can pull my orig LatinIME and figure it out later. Just wanted to see if it was happening there ;)

Gesture works, just doesn't type anything.

I remember this happening to me on a different rom - what fixed it was tracking down and including libjni_latinimegoogle.so in /system/lib (it wasn't already there for whatever reason). Dunno if it helps, but here's hoping it does :)
    Any chance you could make a second version with the 2nd key functions back in?