Bricked in the 12 hours I had this phone? :S

Search This thread

Aug 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Just got this phone less than 12 hour ago.

I have searched everywhere but cannot find any answers.

So first of all, I have rooted, and unlocked my bootloader. I then proceeded to install CM 10.1. Install went perfectly, but when I restart the phone, the LG splash comes on for less than a second and goes straight to a backlit black screen. No matter how many roms I try to install, they all do this..

I have installed LGNPST but when it recognizes my phone, it goes into emergency mode and under DEVICE it says "Unknown"

I have all of the drivers for my phone

If anyone could help me and say what is going on I would greatly appreciate it. I have looked on these forums for atleast an hour before I decided to post this thread.
I have the E971.

Thanks all :)

Aug 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Thanks guys. For some reason, the KDZ updater wont let me choose the file to update/ Instead of the yellow folder to locate the file, the text box is empty and the button to find it is no where to be found...

jiexi

May 1, 2012
try a different computer. i'm surprised that i even have to say that.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
In that KDZ updater folder, there is another executable msi file I believe that you may need to install first.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

Lacks87

Feb 18, 2013
North Vancouver
Yup use the KDZ method to fix. If you're on rogers (e971) you need to get the kdz from

lg-phone-firmware.com then scroll down and download version 10d.

You can also download direct from LG if you can get the link.

This post links to the original NEW JB update http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2196742

ALWAYS FLASH CUSTOM ROMS FROM 10D

Run the msxml.msi or get the microsoft xml pack from microsoft.

Run the LG Software from the website to install ADB access for windows.

Put your phone into download mode and run the KDZ updater program.

Wait. If you get a bootloop do a factory reset.

Better tutorials are available on here you just have to look around. This is where I got my info:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010624

Last edited:

rogem_kk

Oct 29, 2010
Edmonton
I on the other hand have lost the ability to downgrade. Phone stuck on boot animation after first reboot during flashing with KDZ. I only have download mode available. Looks like from now on the MTP driver simply will not load. Sheesh.

Edit: I got Factory Reset option finally! All is good again. I really had to KDZ this thing like 30+ times.

Last edited:

jonntek

Jul 22, 2010
MA
Exact same thing happened to mine. After 5 days of literally trying everything I went to sprint and they replaced it with a new one.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium