Motorola Camera

Search This thread

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Came across this over on Android Forums http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5688988 and thought I'd share with you guys. This is Motorola's camera app

Original info taken from source Install Motorola’s Awesome Camera App On Your Android Device [How-To] | Cult of Android

"With Android 4.2, Google completely revamped the camera experience with a brand new interface and features like Photosphere. While the new UI may seem like a welcome change, it is poorly laid out which can make selecting the intended option cumbersome. The lack of some downright basic options like scenes and timer mode does not help the matter, either. Worse, on the Nexus devices, the camera app has an auto-focus bug that can often lead to blurry photos. While Motorola phones are not particularly known for their camera performance, the camera application on their handsets is perfect for most, with just the right amount of settings. Here is how you can get the Motorola camera app on your Android 4.0+ handset.
Read more at Install Motorola’s Awesome Camera App On Your Android Device [How-To] | Cult of Android

Screen-Shot-2013-03-28-at-16.54.49.jpg

The installation process is pretty simple, and just requires you to download and install this APK file on your handset. Keep in mind that you need to make sure that you have enabled the option to install apps from Unknown Sources from Settings -> Security.

Unlike the stock camera app on the Nexus 4 and other Nexus devices, the Motorola camera app features a timer mode, the ability to assign a custom action to a volume key, some basic filters, and the option to select a pre-defined scene. There are quite a few camera apps available from third party developers on the Play Store, but they all have either tons of advanced features that confuse the user, or have wannabe Instagram-like filters that not everyone wants.

motorola_camera_ui.jpg

"The APK has been tested on a Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2 and a Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2, and has worked flawlessly on both the devices. If you find after installing that your flash does not trigger while clicking pictures, just restart your device and this should fix it."

DOWNLOAD

http://db.tt/1UVdRIDB

Figured I would share with you guys

enjoy. :D

I take no credit for this app... just found and sharing​

Last edited:

mikeman45

Oct 15, 2012
Is this basically just a better version of 4.2 camera. Does the gallery come with it.

sbreen94

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Lol i find it hilarious that people with Samsung phones want Motorola software. I previously had a motorola phone and hated the software and wanted Samsung hahah.....

Reactions: bobAbooE
M

mentose457

Lol i find it hilarious that people with Samsung phones want Motorola software. I previously had a motorola phone and hated the software and wanted Samsung hahah.....

Blur used to be hideous, now its mostly stock android. TouchWiz used to be ugly, now its uglier than ****.

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Blur used to be hideous, now its mostly stock android. TouchWiz used to be ugly, now its uglier than ****.

I agree... Touchwiz theming has basically been the same for years, they just change the color... From the few things of Motorola I have recently used... I like their ui better... It's a bit cleaner and not so iphonish... but Samsung definitely had better features, specs and options

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Thebear j koss

There's obviously a reason why there are so many themes and mods out there. I think all android is made generic to appeal to the masses. 99% of android users probably have no idea what their phones are capable of. It's good to be able to check stuff out and have options like this posted by Blackness. It's nice to be able to customize our phones and try other things...

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

Reactions: o0BlacknesS0o

sbreen94

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
There's obviously a reason why there are so many themes and mods out there. I think all android is made generic to appeal to the masses. 99% of android users probably have no idea what their phones are capable of. It's good to be able to check stuff out and have options like this posted by Blackness. It's nice to be able to customize our phones and try other things...

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

Lol I didn't say it was a bad thing.... obviously if I did I wouldn't make custom roms.... I just said it's funny how people always want to get off the phone they buy. :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Lol I didn't say it was a bad thing.... obviously if I did I wouldn't make custom roms.... I just said it's funny how people always want to get off the phone they buy. :)

The last Motorola phone I had was a RAZR... the original RAZR flip phone... Lol... I definitely prefer Samsung... Although I wish Motorola would get it together in a major way... I prefer buying American products rather than products from a country that wants to nuke the US

Thebear j koss

The last Motorola phone I had was a RAZR... the original RAZR flip phone... Lol... I definitely prefer Samsung... Although I wish Motorola would get it together in a major way... I prefer buying American products rather than products from a country that wants to nuke the US

lol. i heard big things are in store for motorola. but i've heard plenty of companies say the same thing... yeah i'm talking about you blackberry.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

i didn't mean it like that. obviously anyone involved in AOSP understands trying new things and experimenting different options. making custom roms i'm sure you're especially looking for the newest and best options out there and giving people as many options as possible!! :cyclops:

Reactions: o0BlacknesS0o

bigmook

Jul 16, 2012
Twin Falls
OK was a Motorola fanboy og droid, drpoid x, then I got a bionic. A side from the connectivity issue it was a good phone . I preordered gs3 to keep unlimited data and fell for Samsung . all of the things I wanted on blur like pulldown toggles, are there in touchwiz. Add in the development aspect and Samsung it is. I was worried about build quality but I have beaten this phone with nothing but a flipcase and no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jihoonie

Nov 26, 2010

Just to clarify, Samsung is a South Korean company. The South is a Democratic, Capitalistic country. The North is communist. Big difference.

boyheadkick

Oct 10, 2012
Davao City
is this an app post or a Samsung/LG debate post? lol

anyways, it's working on my device but i cant select to save in external sd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Came across this over on Android Forums http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5688988 and thought I'd share with you guys. This is Motorola's camera app

Original info taken from source Install Motorola’s Awesome Camera App On Your Android Device [How-To] | Cult of Android

"With Android 4.2, Google completely revamped the camera experience with a brand new interface and features like Photosphere. While the new UI may seem like a welcome change, it is poorly laid out which can make selecting the intended option cumbersome. The lack of some downright basic options like scenes and timer mode does not help the matter, either. Worse, on the Nexus devices, the camera app has an auto-focus bug that can often lead to blurry photos. While Motorola phones are not particularly known for their camera performance, the camera application on their handsets is perfect for most, with just the right amount of settings. Here is how you can get the Motorola camera app on your Android 4.0+ handset.
    Read more at Install Motorola’s Awesome Camera App On Your Android Device [How-To] | Cult of Android

Screen-Shot-2013-03-28-at-16.54.49.jpg

The installation process is pretty simple, and just requires you to download and install this APK file on your handset. Keep in mind that you need to make sure that you have enabled the option to install apps from Unknown Sources from Settings -> Security.

Unlike the stock camera app on the Nexus 4 and other Nexus devices, the Motorola camera app features a timer mode, the ability to assign a custom action to a volume key, some basic filters, and the option to select a pre-defined scene. There are quite a few camera apps available from third party developers on the Play Store, but they all have either tons of advanced features that confuse the user, or have wannabe Instagram-like filters that not everyone wants.

motorola_camera_ui.jpg

"The APK has been tested on a Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2 and a Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2, and has worked flawlessly on both the devices. If you find after installing that your flash does not trigger while clicking pictures, just restart your device and this should fix it."

DOWNLOAD

http://db.tt/1UVdRIDB

Figured I would share with you guys

enjoy. :D

I take no credit for this app... just found and sharing​

Just to clarify, Samsung is a South Korean company. The South is a Democratic, Capitalistic country. The North is communist. Big difference.
    Looks like it works on Rootbox 4.2.2 as well. Thanks for sharing man. Great find. Devs should start using this in their ROMs
    Is this basically just a better version of 4.2 camera. Does the gallery come with it.

works great on CR6, no gallery. thanks blackness!!! :highfive:
    Maybe because you're a stage 2 racist :p

I'm not racist... I hate most people equally... especially ones that hate me too