Boot into your existing recovery and flash the recovery update zip. Then reboot again and re-enter recovery. You *SHOULD* see "Team Win Recovery Project v18.104.22.168 at the top.
CyanogenMod 11 for the Kindle Fire 2nd-Edition
*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***
THIS ROM REQUIRES A 2ND-BOOTLOADER / RECOVERY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR KINDLE FIRE 2. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HERE:
*** PSA: Kindle Fire 1st-gen ROMs/KERNELS are *NOT* compatible with the Kindle Fire 2.
ONLY FLASH ROMs/KERNELS that are made for the Kindle Fire 2. ***
Automated CM Builds:
GAPPS (For Android 4.4/CM11 builds):
- [12/09] 1st Build -- UNTESTED (I don't own a KFire2)
OLDER GAPPS (For Android 4.3/CM10.2 builds):
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
- CM11: sdcard access needs a bugfix.
- The headphone MIC input is not functioning correctly yet. Work in progress.
- Virtual keyboard input on Jellybean is terrible. Needs a protocol update or something. Fixing. For now use an alternate keyboard like Swype
- [08/12] Mainline version updates to 3.0.72 updated to current with Google's kernel/common
- [01/06] WLAN Firmware R5.SP3.06
- [11/07] Updated to SGX/IMG DDK 1.9@2166536 for Android (via omapzoom 18 hours ago)
- [11/07] WLAN Firmware R5.SP3.03
- [09/05] Updated to SGX/IMG DDK 1.9.RC2@2139099 for Android
- Based on TI kernel 4AI.1.7 (3.0.31 mainline) which supports 512M memory mapping needed by the Kindle Fire
BUILDING THIS ROM:
First, read through Google's Android website about "how to setup a build environment":
Then you can setup the Kindle Fire by doing the following:
(Use main repo for CyanogenMod 11)
repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android -b cm-11
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch otter2
RESERVED FOR NOTES