[Q] Going in circles trying to find s-off/unlock/root information

Search This thread

eudoxia

Dec 30, 2007
Greetings,
New owner of an HTC one and I've been searching for days on a way to get my phone in a state where I can flash ROMS.

From what I've read, if you have Android 4.3 you are out of luck. My phone has 4.2.2. and OS-1.10.605.15 HBOOT - 1.54 . It seems like every resource I've found requires either s-off , root, or unlocked bootloader . HTCDEV no longer an option? so where do I start?

I ran rumrunners tool thinking that was a good place to start and got "device not rooted OR insecure kernal".
Sorry if I'm blind and not searching enough but could someone point in the right direction?

Thanks,
Jen

bregga

Dec 23, 2011
i used rumrunner

when the 4.3 update came out I went through the lock unlock bootloader tut on here because i thought bootloader had to be locked to get ota and locked my bootloader from what i was told it was a mistake
so what i did was changed my cid to the super one something like 111111 then went to htc dev and got a token then changed my cid back to verizons it was no biggie but it did work for me i think because i was s offed already

Here is with out htc dev

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470340&highlight=unlock+bootloader

Last edited:
Reactions: eudoxia

eudoxia

Dec 30, 2007
Thank you Bregga! (and rumrunner rules:good:)

I failed to read the fine print on the homepage, NOT to use the universal one but the one for my specific sw version.

:cyclops:

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
when the 4.3 update came out I went through the lock unlock bootloader tut on here because i thought bootloader had to be locked to get ota and locked my bootloader from what i was told it was a mistake
so what i did was changed my cid to the super one something like 111111 then went to htc dev and got a token then changed my cid back to verizons it was no biggie but it did work for me i think because i was s offed already

Here is with out htc dev

How did you change the super cid? Don't you have to be soff for that? I'm on 4.3 but when I tried it I got unable to change or something like that. It could read it fine though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Last edited:

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Yeah I thought so myself although with the bootloader now locked for good because of vz you can't get soff that easily. This of course would work if you use the java card because that will give you soff and in turn you can change cid to go to the site and unlock the bootloader.

bregga

Dec 23, 2011
thought you were on 4.2

1st post said you were on 4.2.2 if your on 4.3 gotta wait for new rumrunner or another work around

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

How did you change the super cid? Don't you have to be soff for that? I'm on 4.3 but when I tried it I got unable to change or something like that. It could read it fine though.

I was already s offed i just thought bootloader had to be locked to take ot thats why i was able to change cid and get token i think

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i used rumrunner

Here is with out htc dev