[Q] Atrix 2 soft brick

Search This thread

angelflames1337

Mar 27, 2014
Hi all,

I have an Atrix 2, where the phone wont boot up without a charger. And even if its connected with charger, it only boot to motorola logo, and shows battery level before goes completely blank.

I heard flashing the firware again using RSD lite, with phone connected to PC with fast boot mode will fix this, but I can't disconnect the charger from the phone, and booting the phone while its connected to USB wont work.

I can boot into the OS when going to bptools in recovery mode tho. Can any one help?

Thanks in advance.

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
Hi all,

I have an Atrix 2, where the phone wont boot up without a charger. And even if its connected with charger, it only boot to motorola logo, and shows battery level before goes completely blank.

I heard flashing the firware again using RSD lite, with phone connected to PC with fast boot mode will fix this, but I can't disconnect the charger from the phone, and booting the phone while its connected to USB wont work.

I can boot into the OS when going to bptools in recovery mode tho. Can any one help?

Thanks in advance.

the thread about soft brick is just above your thread :) so please search before creating new thread...
anyway here it's:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1937112

for more easier tutorial check this video..it really helped me at my first brick ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHaEHjSzvQQ

angelflames1337

Mar 27, 2014
the thread about soft brick is just above your thread :) so please search before creating new thread...
anyway here it's:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1937112

for more easier tutorial check this video..it really helped me at my first brick ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHaEHjSzvQQ

Hi there, thanks for replying. As I mentioned in my first post, my phone wont boot up when connected to the PC. It can only boot when connected to the wall charger. So I cant really flash it using RSD Lite. Is there anyway to work around this problem? When in fast boot mode (and connected with wall charger), it says battery low cannot program. Does this means something?

رامز

Nov 8, 2013
Cairo
Hi there, thanks for replying. As I mentioned in my first post, my phone wont boot up when connected to the PC. It can only boot when connected to the wall charger. So I cant really flash it using RSD Lite. Is there anyway to work around this problem? When in fast boot mode (and connected with wall charger), it says battery low cannot program. Does this means something?

in the youtube video..it's mention that you must have about 60% battery or above so fast_boot will tell you "battery OK" but in your case you've a low battery that's why fast_boot tells you "battery low".
The only solution to recharge it is to take battery off from phone and charge it using another atrix or a generic battery wall socket or any other method as phone itself will never charge the battery in Soft Brick...
Don't worry I had the same issue before :) but I used a small trick to charge my battery..I've an Arduino board "small development board" came with an adapter 7V 1amp so I take 2 wires from the arduino and connect that adapter "inner is + and outer is -" to the battery "look at the battery back it's mention where is + and where is -" and waited for an hour then put battery back in phone and enter fast_boot mode then voila! :) it said battery OK which means it has been charged successfully then FXZ normally.

Note: be sure to connect positive+ at adapter to positive+ at battery and same connect negative- to negative- DON'T reverse the signs.

Last edited:

g-nigh

Apr 21, 2012
Santo Domingo
in the youtube video..it's mention that you must have about 60% battery or above so fast_boot will tell you "battery OK" but in your case you've a low battery that's why fast_boot tells you "battery low"...the only solution to recharge it is to take battery off from phone and charge it using another atrix or a generic battery wall socket or any other method as phone itself will never charge the battery in Soft Brick....don't worry I had the same issue before but I used a small trick to charge my battery..I've an Arduino board "small development board" came with an adapter 7V 1amp so I take 2 wires from the arduino and connect that adapter "inner is + and outer is -" to the battery "look at the battery back it's mention where is + and where is -" and waited for an hour then put it back in phone and enter fast_boot mode then voila :) it said battery OK which means it has been charged successfully then FXZ normally.

note: be sure to connect positive+ at adapter to positive+ at battery and same connect negative- to negative- DON'T reverse the signs.

As he says you are going no where if you dont have at least 60% battery charge, to make sure better be fully charge. Or your risk to hard-brick your phone.