[INFO]Stock Images & Other Links

Search This thread

Scourge1024

Mar 27, 2011
Sherwood Park, AB
Hi guys, does anyone have links to the UK/EU stock images?

The problem there is nobody in those regions have grabbed a copy of the stock images. Although its possible to do with anyone's non-rooted but unlocked EU/UK XOOM, the image may not be 100% clean.

This was first done by BeagleBoy for the US images before Motorola released them. If I recall, there was only a 1 byte difference.

This was next done by both me and Robbiev80 for the Canadian images. Since we had to sacrifice one partition each to do get boot, system and recovery, I grabbed system and recovery while he grabbed boot and system. We compared system images and they were different by five bytes or so. I documented which bytes differed in the ZIP file.

Someone with some familiarity with Linux over in the UK or Europe needs to do this too. I'll give rough instructions on how. Don't expect Motorola to do this for you anytime soon. Us Canadians still don't have official image files.
Start with unlocked xoom. (Fastboot OEM unlock)
1. Flash a kernel like Tiamat 1.3.2 onto recovery using fastboot.
2. Reboot into recovery (which will act like a normal boot). We did this to not overwrite original boot partition.
3. Do an adb shell for simole root access. Type "mount" to see where boot and system are located (/dev/block/whatever). Use the "dd" command to copy boot and system partitions to a file in say /sdcard.
4. Exit the adb shell. From here do an adb pull of the img files you created in /sdcard.
5. Post on internet
6. ...
7. Profit

Hopefully you guys see why someone with some Linux experience should do this. Someone should do it even if their system partition is even mostly clean. As long as original system files have not been modified or overwritten.

Last edited:
Reactions: burden010

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010

That's what I did to get the stock wifi 3.1 images. I did it a little different. I loaded cwm, nand backup. This gave new the system and boot. Then went back to stock, updated again, rooted and then pulled the recovery. That's also why my files can't be used to lock, just start over.

Sent From My Evo

Reactions: burden010

burden010

Sep 7, 2008
I have a little Linux experience, I'm by no means an expert but I can rock the terminal like a boss. I'm going on holiday on Sat for 2 weeks so if no-one's pulled the UK images by the time I'm back then I'll give it a shot.

Seems like bwcorvus's way is a bit easier but if you can't re-lock the bootloader I'll prob go with Scourge's method. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

hdtvpower

Mar 17, 2006
The root link wifi is only for 3.01 right? should be mentioned, there is new one for 3.1 wifi rooting.

hdtvpower

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Would it be too much work to include references? I'd like to do a bit of reading on the original threads some of the files came from.

All the stock images came from Motorola. The only exceptions are the USA 3.1 WiFi ones (which i dumped myself) and Canadian images Which you dumped...

Last edited:

Scourge1024

Mar 27, 2011
Sherwood Park, AB
Yeah. I was just thinking of linking the original threads instead of the files. But I think I may just write a how-to for the guys overseas (and south of the US) since all I've seen lately are requests for Euro images.

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Yeah. I was just thinking of linking the original threads instead of the files. But I think I may just write a how-to for the guys overseas (and south of the US) since all I've seen lately are requests for Euro images.

That works man, let me know if you need any help...as always i'm in the irc channel all the time. You can always link back to my page for the images.

masterslacker

Sep 6, 2008
Toronto
USA WiFi OFFICIAL Boot & System & Recovery & Userdata Images v3.0.1 (Does Not Require Login)

I tried downloading this one from the mediafire server, but when I try to open it in Winzip I'm getting an "unexpected end of archive" message. I've tried downloading it three times and always the same message. I can unzip the files, but I do not know if this ok to flash. Anyone have any ideas?

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
I tried downloading this one from the mediafire server, but when I try to open it in Winzip I'm getting an "unexpected end of archive" message. I've tried downloading it three times and always the same message. I can unzip the files, but I do not know if this ok to flash. Anyone have any ideas?

File has 270 downloads, and you are the first. Just downloadable and it opens fine for me. Yes you should just extract them.

jrego

May 24, 2010
Stock ROM to MZ605

Here is the new stock rom to MZ605 3G and WIFI from Brazil.

w*w*w.me*gauploa*d.co*m/?d=1O19E31S

About 125.27Mb

Just remove *.

Reactions: bwcorvus

Top Liked Posts