Thanks Meter: 314

By singularity0821, Senior Member on 5th November 2011, 02:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2011, 08:25 PM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,948

More
OK, I'm not sure why this needs ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES - you should be fine without it. Did you try it that way? Unless your code is opening a driver handle, you don't need that capability. Native code works just fine with only the Interop manifest.

To call the live tile function directly, it's the same GUID but you need to know the parameter that passed along with the live tile. Calling the app with that parameter will start it and trigger the OnNavigatedTo event with the correct parameter.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
5th November 2011, 08:33 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 997

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

To call the live tile function directly, it's the same GUID but you need to know the parameter that passed along with the live tile. Calling the app with that parameter will start it and trigger the OnNavigatedTo event with the correct parameter.

So please give me a hint how to figure out the guid...

I´m sure that it is stored somewhere on device.
5th November 2011, 08:48 PM |#13  
Flag Seattle

More
It is stored on the device, both in the file system and in the app manager. Neither of those are terribly useful though, so the simpler way is to open the XAP directly, and look in the WMAppManifest.XML file.

ProductID="{ede8d6f6-4b64-43b0-8be6-1c98def5ca85}"

As for the parameter you have to pass to make it think it's coming from the live tile, you'll either need to decompile the DLL or ask the author (or get the source code, which it would be awesome if more people just included up front).

By the way, ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES is already commented out of the manifest. You do not need interop-unlock for this app!
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
5th November 2011, 08:55 PM |#14  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It is stored on the device, both in the file system and in the app manager. Neither of those are terribly useful though, so the simpler way is to open the XAP directly, and look in the WMAppManifest.XML file.

ProductID="{ede8d6f6-4b64-43b0-8be6-1c98def5ca85}"

As for the parameter you have to pass to make it think it's coming from the live tile, you'll either need to decompile the DLL or ask the author (or get the source code, which it would be awesome if more people just included up front).

By the way, ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES is already commented out of the manifest. You do not need interop-unlock for this app!

I know how to get the productID, the problem is the mentioned parameter.
I want to add it to my with Jaxbot´s tool created homebrew folder...

The author don´t know either, I allready asked him.

Anyway thanks for trying to help me.

Edit: I totally agree that more people should post the sourcecode, too.
5th November 2011, 09:20 PM |#15  
Flag Seattle

More
The author certainly does know - it's that thing which distinguishes "was I launched fromt the live tile or not?" that you check for in the OnNavigatedTo event handler. It's a string URI which is applied to the live tile when it is created, and is part of the live tile's identity (the URI must always be unique).
5th November 2011, 09:35 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Nice application! Could you please share the source with us? I am still looking for examples that uses DLLimport
The Following User Says Thank You to rudelm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rudelm Ad-Free
5th November 2011, 10:02 PM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The author certainly does know - it's that thing which distinguishes "was I launched fromt the live tile or not?" that you check for in the OnNavigatedTo event handler. It's a string URI which is applied to the live tile when it is created, and is part of the live tile's identity (the URI must always be unique).

So I don´t know either why I don´t get this information...
5th November 2011, 10:12 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contable

So I don´t know either why I don´t get this information...

I was busy in the afternoon...

Guys, give me a moment.. I'll upload the source.
The Following User Says Thank You to singularity0821 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift singularity0821 Ad-Free
5th November 2011, 11:16 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
So done.. Sorry for not giving clear answers before...

And I also tried to figure out how to add it to folders. The parameter passed to the main page is tile. In the previous version I did it in a stupid way and I better spare you the details

Oh and if you figure out how to add it to the folder please let me know.
6th November 2011, 12:00 AM |#20  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Great (+)
6th November 2011, 06:20 AM |#21  
Flag UAE
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Thanks
It works fine with official Chevronwp7
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread