ro.build.host=DELL231
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.changelist=742346
ro.product.model=GT-I8190N
ro.product.board=DB8520H

ro.build.PDA=I8190NXXALL6

After some requests from users here is a rooted rom for all the I8190 with NFC
This rom is based on the official I8190N-BTU-I8190NXXALL6-1356151513
Rom is compatible with all the I8190N devices.
This rom has not been tested, but i can assure you that it wont brick or break the warranty of your device.
Before flashing i recommend that you have a the original rom handy as a backup, you can find the here
http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8190N

How to flash;

Before flashing I urge you to backup the device and the internal sd card ,Also be aware that if you restore the device to default factory settings it will erase your internal card!
Make sure that the pc installs the required drivers before going any further,Windows vista,7,and 8 should be able to download and install them by default, otherwise Install samsung kies.
Shutdown device
Put your device into Download mode is by pressing "Volume Down"+"Home"+Power Button" and then "Volume Up"
Connect device to pc
Unrar the downloaded package,
launch Odin , on "PDA" press browse and select the final.tar.md5 file ,then press "Start"
After the first boot you must reboot the device.
Alternatively If you familiar with ADB type the following commands to get into download:

Code:
adb shell
su
reboot download

Attachments

• ROOTforGT-I8190N-ONLY.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 49,829
Last edited:

ucas

Jan 19, 2007
NFC is not working anymore?!
Was working without root and now I can't turn it on ...

Last edited:

jean001luc

Aug 2, 2010
Thank you for that. Works perfectly.
I have also installed CWM recovery
Any ideas how i can go back to stock recovery and where i get it from?
I have seen a stock recovery for a NONE NFC version (so just the 8190). can the same be used on the N version or does recovery vary from model to model?

dariolob

Jul 13, 2009
Thank you for that. Works perfectly.
I have also installed CWM recovery
Any ideas how i can go back to stock recovery and where i get it from?
I have seen a stock recovery for a NONE NFC version (so just the 8190). can the same be used on the N version or does recovery vary from model to model?

You can use that :)

And @faria - many thanks for this :victory:

runswithascript

Sep 23, 2012
Dublin
Before flashing I urge you to backup the device and the internal sd card ,Also be aware that if you restore the device to default factory settings it will erase your internal card!

Hi

I am going to try this, but can you first tell me what software I use to back up the device and the internal SD Card, and what is the difference between both? I know the SD Card is the removable memory, so perhaps by backing up the device you mean the ROM?

I tried backing up with Titanium Backup but it tells me the device needs to be rooted first.

I also tried Rom Manager but it also says I must be root for it to function. That said it does have some recovery and backup options I can access but there are so many options I do not know what to select.

Please help, thank you.

Last edited:

tys0n

Hi

I am going to try this, but can you first tell me what software I use to back up the device and the internal SD Card, and what is the difference between both? I know the SD Card is the removable memory, so perhaps by backing up the device you mean the ROM?

I tried backing up with Titanium Backup but it tells me the device needs to be rooted first.

I also tried Rom Manager but it also says I must be root for it to function. That said it does have some recovery and backup options I can access but there are so many options I do not know what to select.

Please help, thank you.

Have a look here.

• Sad
Reactions: tuxayo and aleksa55

runswithascript

Sep 23, 2012
Dublin
There are no guides on what and how to back up or what other precautions to take for this phone, you are not the only person who googles.

Also, I am trying to download the firmware for my phone to keep handy as a back up as suggested from http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8190N but unfortunately it does not have a file matching my Baseband version 18910NXXALL3.

The instructions at the top of that page mention how to provide the admin with my three letter region code and device model, and it says I should be able to see model current firmware version in Kies after connecting my phone but unfortunately this is blank! SGS CSC another way to find the pcode seems to be unavailable too. The third suggested way also fails. I am able to get my IMEI code, but when I then enter it into the second command to get my PCode, and I have tried with and without the last 01, it says 'unknown application'. I am in Ireland.

I have tried on different computers and reinstalling Kies etc.

My phone is only a few days old and I have not rooted it etc.

Android version: 4.1.2

Kernel version:

3.0.31-693204
dpi@DELL224 #2
SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 15 01:08:04
KST 2012

Build Number:

JZO54K.I8190NXXALL4

Last edited:

lamjingping

Mar 29, 2008
Thankyou !!

Please help, thank you.[/QUOTE]

antukubo

Feb 9, 2011
Johor Bahru
Thankyou !!

Please help, thank you.

Obviously you didn't read post #11

BTW, simple steps...
1- Flash CWM/TWRP via Odin
2- Do backup via CWM/TWRP
3- Continue with op page

ShonkUK

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
I just did my sons friends phone all went well
but its showing unknown csc on *#1234# and was fine before
it was

AP:I8190NXXALL6
CP:I8190NXXALL6
CSC:I8190NOXXALL3
BTU

Last edited:

ShonkUK

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
sorted it
the easiet way to do this is to choose pda as I8190NXXALL6_I8190NOXXALL3_HOME.tar.md5
and csc as rooted.tar.md5 it then flashes the whole stock image on then the rooted image straight after
so the csc is applied on first boot

But a double flash isnt really optimal
a complete rooted image is preferable for future users

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ANDROID VERSION-4.1.2
    ro.build.id=JZO54K
    ro.build.display.id=JZO54K.I8190NXXALL6
    ro.build.version.incremental=I8190NXXALL6
    ro.build.version.sdk=16
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=4.1.2
    ro.build.date=Sat Dec 22 13:45:13 KST 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=1356151513
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=dpi
    ro.build.host=DELL231
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.build.changelist=742346
    ro.product.model=GT-I8190N
    ro.product.board=DB8520H

ro.build.PDA=I8190NXXALL6

After some requests from users here is a rooted rom for all the I8190 with NFC
    This rom is based on the official I8190N-BTU-I8190NXXALL6-1356151513
    Rom is compatible with all the I8190N devices.
    This rom has not been tested, but i can assure you that it wont brick or break the warranty of your device.
    Before flashing i recommend that you have a the original rom handy as a backup, you can find the here
    http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I8190N

How to flash;

Make sure that the pc installs the required drivers before going any further,Windows vista,7,and 8 should be able to download and install them by default, otherwise Install samsung kies.
    Shutdown device
    Put your device into Download mode is by pressing "Volume Down"+"Home"+Power Button" and then "Volume Up"
    Connect device to pc
    Unrar the downloaded package,
    launch Odin , on "PDA" press browse and select the final.tar.md5 file ,then press "Start"
    After the first boot you must reboot the device.
    Alternatively If you familiar with ADB type the following commands to get into download:

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    reboot download
    Hi

Please help, thank you.

Have a look here.