Streaming Netflix using Bluetooth headset

Search This thread

msalvini

Dec 28, 2011
Has anyone attempted to stream netflix while using a Bluetooth headset? When I tried this netflix bufferred every 20 seconds or so and when it wasn't buffering, the video was choppy and audio was not in sync. Using wired headset it worked flawless.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
Holy sh@t I thought I was the only one who realized this. I wifi netflix and bluetooth to Jambox and it sucks. Buffers a lot and delayed sound. It even happens when playing a game with the Jambox connected. I take the bluetooth off and it's perfect.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

NikAmi

Jul 27, 2010
Easton, PA
I can't even use the Netflix app because the interface is sooooooo slow. It literally takes five to ten seconds to respond to touch inputs and when I try to scroll through lines of movies/shows, my finger travels the entire screen and the row moves only one or two places over. It's really annoying.

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
Apparently enabling forced GPU rendering in settings -> developer options will help with Netflix performance. It might cause issues with other apps though, so keep that in mind.

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
This is the same hardware problem that the prime had. You may notice it on you tube as well. It's because bt/wifi share a antenna. That said I did play around with mine for a few minutes and did not have the problem. Granted I'm sitting pretty close to the router. Check this out.... run the netspeed app to see what you get with bt off. Then start streaming some music to your bt headphones for google music and run netspeed while it's streaming. You will probablly notice a signifcant decrease. :(

fsured

Jul 25, 2011
What was mentioned about sharing the same hardware with the wifi/bt in the prime is correct. They use the same chip to decode both signals. So when both are being used at the same time the process slows down for both signals. This is a common occurrence among many portable devices and not just any Asus tablet. I've seen it on my cell phones also. Manufactures are moving to this combined chip process to save in both cost and shrink the size of the devices for smaller cases.

Now having said that, these chips are designed to function with both signals at the same time. If yours is experiencing horrible performance then return it for another. Don't wait for software fixes because they won't fix the hardware. It might improve but chances are higher it won't be fixed. If you wait your return for exchange window may pass.

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
Iust got an email from B&H about the issue and they said I can get a refund or exchange but they dont know when they are recieving the next batch. Im probably gonna get a refund and buy one elsewhere. Sucks

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
Does anyone have a Tf700 that actually streams movies over wifi and bluetooth to speaker, ear buds or anything successfully. I don't want to wait for an exchange if no one can successfully accomplish it.

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I just did a wifi speed test without bluetooth on and my speed was 28mbs
With wifi on and bluetooth streaming music to my jambox the score dropped to 0.39mbs
That's crazy.
I used the speedtest.net app.
And enabling the gpu in the developer section didn't make any difference.

Last edited:

ChadJamesR

Jul 25, 2011
I've had my Infinity for a few days now and don't have any problems watching netflix while on my blue tooth headset. I always watch Netflix for about an hour in the morning when I'm working out.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Eroc162

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks that's what I needed. Its a hardware issue then. Like someone stated before. Just needed someone to try it out.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

user311

Jul 17, 2012
I am also getting tons of lag and constant disconnects/buffering when trying to watch HBO go or netflix over my stereo Bluetooth headset. I was wondering if there were others that have successfully gotten video to play while using a bluetooth headset other than that one poster. Is it just a defective unit that I received or are other people experiencing the same thing? Do you guys think its worth going thru the trouble of returning the tablet? I guess I am mainly trying to estimate the chances of getting another tablet that has the same issue.

cipherbreak

Jul 14, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
I am also getting tons of lag and constant disconnects/buffering when trying to watch HBO go or netflix over my stereo Bluetooth headset. I was wondering if there were others that have successfully gotten video to play while using a bluetooth headset other than that one poster. Is it just a defective unit that I received or are other people experiencing the same thing? Do you guys think its worth going thru the trouble of returning the tablet? I guess I am mainly trying to estimate the chances of getting another tablet that has the same issue.
I think any hardware issue is worth going through the trouble for. If you paid $500 for the tab, you might as well ensure everything works. The software can be fixed through official and third-party options but the hardware won't get any better.

user311

Jul 17, 2012
I think any hardware issue is worth going through the trouble for. If you paid $500 for the tab, you might as well ensure everything works. The software can be fixed through official and third-party options but the hardware won't get any better.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, thats pretty much what I was thinking. Its just that the 64GB model is sold out from Tigerdirect and I didn't want to go w/o a tablet until they got them in stock.

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
B&H is trying to convince me its my router. They say 28mbs isn't fast enough to stream wifi and Bluetooth at the same time. Streaming wifi has nothing to do with Bluetooth. I asked them to make me a RMA tag so I can ship it back.
I'm waiting for their response. If it isn't enough can someone tell me. I don't want to get the same problem I had with the prime.

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
Can someone run a speedtest on their wifi and then on the wifi while streaming sound to a Bluetooth device to see if there is a drastic decrease in download speed.

user311

Jul 17, 2012
B&H is trying to convince me its my router. They say 28mbs isn't fast enough to stream wifi and Bluetooth at the same time. Streaming wifi has nothing to do with Bluetooth. I asked them to make me a RMA tag so I can ship it back.
I'm waiting for their response. If it isn't enough can someone tell me. I don't want to get the same problem I had with the prime.

Have you tried calling 1-888-678-3688 for help? Its asus' support line. I was told to call that from tigerdirect before they could issue a return. I won't be able to call until after work today though because I forgot my tablet at home >.> But maybe they'll have something to say regarding the matter.

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I just called the number and spoke toa Asus representative and here is what they told me

" The Asus Infinity TF700 is not designed to do this because the antenna will cause interference with each other since they both run off the same antenna."

WOW I can do this on my G2x. This disappoints me.

Reactions: user311

user311

Jul 17, 2012
I just called the number and spoke toa Asus representative and here is what they told me

" The Asus Infinity TF700 is not designed to do this because the antenna will cause interference with each other since they both run off the same antenna."

Thats completely unacceptable. I'll give them a call when I get home.

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8

This is how the 300 was advertised. One at a time, not both. I had this problem horribly on the prime. On the infinity I drop from 28mbs without bt to 10 with it. I'm still able to stream just fine so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've had my Infinity for a few days now and don't have any problems watching netflix while on my blue tooth headset. I always watch Netflix for about an hour in the morning when I'm working out.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

I can't even use the Netflix app because the interface is sooooooo slow. It literally takes five to ten seconds to respond to touch inputs and when I try to scroll through lines of movies/shows, my finger travels the entire screen and the row moves only one or two places over. It's really annoying.

Hahahaahha. This was a HUGE issue on the original Prime. I asked Gary Key about this and asked if this issue was EVER going to be fixed and he never responded so I'm guessing it has NOT been fixed. This KILLS a lot of hope for people ever having a working tablet with Asus. FIrst of all no one wants to listen to a SMALL/TINY speaker that is facing away from you in the back of your tablet. The WORST placement for a speaker on a tablet in the world if you ask me. Please do not try to defend this. Any idiot in the world will tell you having the audio speaker in the back of the unit facing AWAY from your ears is a ridiculous placement. So to at least work around this and get better sound use an external bluetooth speaker. HA, can't even do that because the same bluetooth/wifi issue that plagued the Prime is also going to plague the Infinity. I'm the hated one here. The one that has a bad attitude and all that, but I tell it like it is and all I want to do is WARN people what they are getting themselves into when they buy this product. I'm not just speaking my opinion here, these are facts and solid issues this tablet has.