[DEV][VGA/WVGA][30 Jun 2009] EzInput 2.0 Compact QWERTY and Improved Landscape

Search This thread

onlinespending

Sep 2, 2007
EzInput 2.0 (Build 348550) with Compact QWERTY and Improved Landscape (English) - VGA/WVGA

UPDATE9 (30 Jun 2009): Updated link of the 348550 build to allow it to be installed on top of EzInput 1.5. I remove EzInput 1.5 registry entries as part of the EzInput 2.0 cab. Previously if you tried installing any EzInput 2.0 build on a ROM with EzInput 1.5 cooked in, it would inevitably lead to a hard reset.

UPDATE8 (7 Jun 2009): Updated link of the 348550 build to fix the missing symbol page selector images. Also made small effort to get hardware keyboard working with this build. If this does not work, then unfortunately two builds will likely need to be maintained, with the 33633 build used by those with a Touch Pro or Fuze.

UPDATE8 (6 Jun 2009): Updated to the latest build, 348550. I believe the hardware keyboard of the Touch Pro and Fuze should work with this release, which eliminates the need to use the older 33633 build. This is just a first release using this latest build, more to see that everything works OK. I need to update the images a bit, release different colored versions, come out with a WVGA release, and start supported languages other than English. This will all come as I find time.

UPDATE7 (26 May 2009): Added WVGA layout. This includes the Compact QWERTY (which is the same size as VGA in portrait), and uses the default Full QWERTY layout for landscape (not the improved layout I created for VGA).

UPDATE6 (25 May 2009): Added default green skin.

UPDATE5 (23 May 2009): I went back to an older build of EzInput 2.0 (build 33633) that allows proper mapping of the Raphael (Touch Pro and Fuze) keyboard. The issue with the Home key displaying the symbols screen is also fixed. I took the time to improve some of the graphics, and made the color highlights blue instead of green.

Open Issues:
An issue that I can't seem to overcome is being ably to reliably select between Compact QWERTY and Full QWERTY. I have gotten it to successfully do so in the past, but for now you may need to unfortunately edit the registry and soft-reset. I believe you may need the HTC Menu enhancement installed to get it to work.

"HKLM/Software/HTC/ezsip/CurrentSIP"

= "0x00000a00" for Compact QWERTY
= "0x00000d00" for Full QWERTY

By default I have set it to Compact QWERTY for portrait mode. It should go to Full QWERTY for landscape mode. This is the configuration I would expect most people to use.

Todo List:
Create other colored themes
Enable others to port languages other than English

compactqwerty.png

landscape.png

EzInput 2.0 VGA Downloads
EzInput_2.0.348550-VGA-Green.cab **LATEST** (this version you can safely install on top of EzInput 1.5)
EzInput_2.0.33633-VGA-Blue.cab
EzInput_2.0.33633-VGA-Green.cab

EzInput 2.0 WVGA Downloads
EzInput_2.0.33633-WVGA-Green.cab

Last edited:

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Holy **** dude! This was my one problem with the new EzInput! I love you! Donations should be coming as long as you have a paypal and I create my paypal :D Btw, any plans on making a WVGA version?

Last edited:

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
I can see this making lots of people happy!

Which version is this built on or is more of an addon to an existing ezinput 2.0 package?

I'll add the link to my thread.

Keep up the good work

onlinespending

Sep 2, 2007
I can see this making lots of people happy!

Which version is this built on or is more of an addon to an existing ezinput 2.0 package?

I'll add the link to my thread.

Keep up the good work

Good point! My cab just installs the Compact QWERTY files, so an install of EzInput 2.0 is still needed. I'll try and update it to be a fully independent install.

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
I cant believe my eyes! its so beautiful!

Edit: i think ur OEM made my rom a no booter :p ill find out for sure soon.
edit2: yep about 95% sure it killed it..whether its the oem or me it didnt work :p lol

Last edited:

anubis.genix

May 29, 2006
i love the idea of a compact version! great work mate ... keep it up :)
is a version with arrows planned too?

gien29

May 18, 2007
Bro,

That's definitely a great dev!
As a Touch HD owner, I really miss that compact keyboard on Topaz/Rhodium ported ROMs.

Nice job, I'll keep watching this thread for full WVGA release.

Gien

onlinespending

Sep 2, 2007
I cant believe my eyes! its so beautiful!

Edit: i think ur OEM made my rom a no booter :p ill find out for sure soon.
edit2: yep about 95% sure it killed it..whether its the oem or me it didnt work :p lol

I have to admit I actually didn't try the OEM myself. Let me try it myself and see if it causes the same thing.

i love the idea of a compact version! great work mate ... keep it up :)
is a version with arrows planned too?

I wasn't planning on it, but that shouldn't be too tough. Do you mean a VGA version with arrows?

Bro,

As a Touch HD owner, I really miss that compact keyboard on Topaz/Rhodium ported ROMs.

Gien

I can try my best to get out a WVGA release, though it won't be for a couple of weeks since I'm actually on vacation at the moment.

sheltem

Jul 30, 2007
Bro,

Gien

Out of curiosity, why would you want compact qwerty on the touch hd? Isn't fully qwerty usable on a 3.8" screen?

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
I'll try and update it to be a fully independent install.

It would also be really REALLY awesome of you manage to make it work flawlessly on the different Variations of the Touch Pro.

It is well-known that installing the Rhodium/Topaz EzInput2.0 in any variation of the Touch Pro, American or European, leaves the hardware keyboard in a state of chaos that needs to be fixed.

If you can get the complete package including your rendition of the Compact QWERTY working on those devices without error(I imagine all you would need to do is remove the Rhodium/Topaz XT9), I'll be in shock.

MikLSP

Sep 1, 2008
Lancaster
Hi, I tried this yesterday but unfortunately I was unable to turn on T9 predictive text. The T9 still worked on full qwerty but as soon as I switched back to the compact qwerty it was deactivated and no amount of pressing could turn it on. Any ideas what the problem could be?