[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos Transformer Nightlies (tf101)

Search This thread

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
I tried flashing one of the cornerstone builds the other day and was quite impressed...until I tried restoring apps and rebooted and the launcher kept FC'g. And the wi-fi would sometimes work and sometimes not and even when it appeared to be working, the browser wouldn't connect to any sites I tried. So, for now, I flashed back to Revolver 4. It would be nice if cornerstone could be a separately installed app for any Android device because it was neat and seemed to have some usefulness.

Mechanisms

Oct 29, 2011
Cornerstone is also a must have for me. I am willing to live with the bugs just to have it, at least for now. I think it's the best feature I have ever had in the TF.

Just yesterday, while using Talk (video) in the small corner, I bought something on the browser and for that I needed to open the contacts and then afterwards the gmail app (both of in the upper right corner). It was a huge improvement from a user experience point of view.

Cornerstone (or a similar concept) is the next big step for the tablets imo.

Ultraman666

Apr 8, 2010
Kansas
Xiaomi Mi Mix
OnePlus 9 Pro
Glad to see Roach2010 is here, I used his Rom, so this makes me very excited to see. I will give this one a go and give you my feedback, very Awesome!!! Nice having the Prime and the original transformer to see the differences in the systems

Last edited:

livinsacrfice

Jul 22, 2010
By bugfree, do you mean that the clock and battery level doesn't get stucked? That's my major problem here. Wifi also gets borked after deep sleep. Gotta reboot everytime.

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium

I'm not having any issue with clock, battery, wifi as long as I don't reboot (running cornerstone build 1 & gapps 10.5). If I have to reboot, I just shutdown, go to recovery and reflash--otherwise, I have the clock/battery issues mentioned above.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
When wifi goes out of wack, I just reboot and everything is back to normal. Again, I can live with it for now. This isn't a cornerstone bug. This is an Eos bug. Hopefully, they will fix this eventually.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

Onskreen just released another cornerstone build today that has this feature.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

More cornerstone users need to speak out. Don't stay in the closet. We need the devs to know there's enough interest in cornerstone for them to start supporting it.

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

FYI, for some reason the wifi bug doesn't exist in my slider with the cornerstone build and the v9 gapps. Only my transformer has this issue. Weird.

I hope the Cornerstone nightly doesnt get the push forgotten again like before :D

Second, its a big killer, but since there is no changelog, can anyone tell if the nightly thrown up today is updated with the new cornerstone build from today as well? or should I just wait?

Third, CORNERSTONE!

Backwardsblade

Nov 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Newest nightly (non cornerstone) very smooth. Wifi connection seems quicker for me, though I haven't seen connection at length. Will report back. Thanks roach!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

shaunjpeterson

Sep 15, 2008
I hope the Cornerstone nightly doesnt get the push forgotten again like before :D

Second, its a big killer, but since there is no changelog, can anyone tell if the nightly thrown up today is updated with the new cornerstone build from today as well? or should I just wait?

Third, CORNERSTONE!

I'm really liking the Cornerstone as well. Excited for the continued updates. Just wondering where you found that Cornerstone released a new build today. I checked their github and it says the latest update to the framework and packages was 5 days ago.

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
When wifi goes out of wack, I just reboot and everything is back to normal. Again, I can live with it for now. This isn't a cornerstone bug. This is an Eos bug. Hopefully, they will fix this eventually.
Onskreen just released another cornerstone build today that has this feature.

I'm really liking the Cornerstone as well. Excited for the continued updates. Just wondering where you found that Cornerstone released a new build today. I checked their github and it says the latest update to the framework and packages was 5 days ago.

There has been no changes to cornerstone from Onskreen since 0.85.1

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Newest nightly (non cornerstone) very smooth. Wifi connection seems quicker for me, though I haven't seen connection at length. Will report back. Thanks roach!!

I've hopefully fixed the wifi disconnect issue. Badfrog had the bug bad and was able to use his logcat to help identify a small problem. With that fixed and with some other changes I made I'm hoping wifi will be stronger and more stable.

Also new as of tonight is USB Ethernet support. This works great including with most of the apps that complain about having no wifi connection. While I was tweaking the framework I found a setting for bluetooth tethering so you can now connect other devices to the internet via your Transformer's wifi.

I'm going to have a look at the power options tomorrows so watch this space.

dablitzkrieg

Mar 27, 2011
Most recent build does not boot into recovery for me. When I select "reboot recovery" from the power options, it does a regular reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

livinsacrfice

Jul 22, 2010
Had to wipe when going from cornerstone build 1 to 2 (wouldn't sync properly with Google without it). Everything seems to work well. The only thing I notice messing up after reboot is face unlock (doesn't lock screen at all), so I'll just use pin or pattern for now.

senna29

Sep 9, 2011
Updated today to the newest nightly. Yet may sound weird according to what was said before but wifi is terrible for me. Keeps breaking when it managed to connect . So I re-installed, same. I full wiped, same. I used full wipe script, and still breaking. I also rebooted my box, just to be sure but I have no problem with my phone and my computer. Otherwise that's and amazing work, rom is really smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Updated today to the newest nightly. Yet may sound weird according to what was said before but wifi is terrible for me. Keeps breaking when it managed to connect . So I re-installed, same. I full wiped, same. I used full wipe script, and still breaking. I also rebooted my box, just to be sure but I have no problem with my phone and my computer. Otherwise that's and amazing work, rom is really smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Is there any chance you could use adb and get me a logcat of your tablet starting up to the point where wifi starts acting weird?

Here's a guide to doing this in case you don't know how already.
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Logcat

senna29

Sep 9, 2011
okay working on it. never done that before.
yet since i unplugged my microSD and put it back in, i've had no break...
Sending you what you want as fast as i can

Edit: I mp you some files

Last edited:

robojerk

Dec 22, 2010
I installed the original EOS rom and had wifi issues..

I reflashed several ROMS, and did formats on all the partitions..

I reflashed the EOS ROM and wifi is working again, BUT my MAC address has somehow changed. I use a MAC filter on my wifi, and could see the SSID but could not connect. I just happened to check the MAC address against the ones on my filter and it wasn't listed.

I started a thread on it here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23221362

Backwardsblade

Nov 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Is NTFS supported natively in our kernel yet? I'm seeing difficulty with mounting the SD w/ ntfs. I'm switching to a FAT fs to see if that helps, anyone else see similar difficulties?

EDIT: Please disregard, able to mount with FAT32. No >4GB mkv's just yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivanovic

Tallica21

Apr 21, 2010
So I have a B90 model so no nvflash for me. If I flash the cornerstone build nightly, after wiping of course, and for some reason don't like it, will I have a problem flashing back to honeycomb via recovery?

Thanks and great work devs!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS​
    ICS 4.0.4 TF101​
    NIGHTLIES​

Welcome to the evolution of TiamatXOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated once every 24 hours and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS TF101 Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/tf101/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Use the latest available gapps package available from http://goo.im/gapps

*Note - You will need to re-flash G-Apps after you flash an updated nightly build. You can do this before you reboot after the installation of a new nightly.
    Also note that if you are coming from an earlier G-Apps package you will need to wipe prior to installation of this package in order to avoid FC issues.

--

Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving. Change logs are generally generated on a daily basis.
    Change logs can be viewed at http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY Honeycomb based rom (this includes all Tiamat roms)

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

FEATURE REQUESTS!
    We need YOU, yes YOU to help us build the best AOSP rom out there. Have an idea for a feature you want to see implemented then let us know!
    Team EOS Feature Request

Source Code
    Rom: http://git.teameos.org
    Kernel: https://github.com/Roach2010/asus_kernel_tf101

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

Welcome to the TF101 evolved. Welcome to Team EOS.

I also would like to welcome Roach2010 to the team, and is your TF101 developer for this rom.
    Reserved for me
    Cornerstone Builds
    Oh, I should probably mention there are cornerstone builds at http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/cornerstone/nightlies/tf101

I've hopefully fixed the wifi disconnect issue. Badfrog had the bug bad and was able to use his logcat to help identify a small problem. With that fixed and with some other changes I made I'm hoping wifi will be stronger and more stable.

Also new as of tonight is USB Ethernet support. This works great including with most of the apps that complain about having no wifi connection. While I was tweaking the framework I found a setting for bluetooth tethering so you can now connect other devices to the internet via your Transformer's wifi.

I'm going to have a look at the power options tomorrows so watch this space.
    What I have been up to tonight...

Coming soon to a nightly near you...

Screenshot_2012_03_20_01_30_54.png