[REQ] Remove "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" Tool

Search This thread

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
Is it possible / advisable to remove the "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" tool? I think that's what's triggering the OTA update. I see it running every now and then. I'd feel more comfortable with it off my phone.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
Is it possible / advisable to remove the "Verizon Remote Diagnosis" tool? I think that's what's triggering the OTA update. I see it running every now and then. I'd feel more comfortable with it off my phone.

My kernel disables this service and I still received the OTA so I don't think it is related.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor

The tool cannot be used without a security key tech support provides when activated.

As a tech agent for big red, I've only used it a couple times when customers have no clue how to use their phones. In those instances, its a pricesless tool! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
The tool cannot be used without a security key tech support provides when activated.

As a tech agent for big red, I've only used it a couple times when customers have no clue how to use their phones. In those instances, its a pricesless tool! :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a cool tool would love it if I could use it from my desktop. If I could use a RDP from my home computer that would be sweet. I personally delete it from the ROM that and the other files mentioned in post above.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I kill off anything like that and its never been a problem. If its running on its own sometimes it will help your battery life too when you get rid of it.

Sent from my DNA... S-Off like a baws