The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] L9 P765 - Rooting and Bootloader questions

4,352 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,337

By Harsha Raj, Senior Member on 8th January 2014, 07:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys. I will be rooting the Indian Variant of L9 which is P765. I have few questions as to confirm them again.

1. By unlocking the bootloader, there is no way to relock it again? So I will permanently loose the warranty?

2. If I use this method for rooting - which is root with locked bootloader, then I will not be able to try CM 10 or 11 builds?

3. To have CWM in JB with locked bootloader, we need to try the method in this thread, but I am not sure as to what actually needs to be done here. Can anyone give a step by step method?

Clarifying this will be greatly appreciated. I have read the guides from cmahendra in the general section, however just a few questions and confirmations as above.

Thank you.

9th January 2014, 03:59 PM |#2  
Flag Hoshiarpur - Punjab (India)
Thanks Meter: 491

Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Raj

Hi Guys. I will be rooting the Indian Variant of L9 which is P765. I have few questions as to confirm them again.

1. By unlocking the bootloader, there is no way to relock it again? So I will permanently loose the warranty?

2. If I use this method for rooting - which is root with locked bootloader, then I will not be able to try CM 10 or 11 builds?

3. To have CWM in JB with locked bootloader, we need to try the method in this thread, but I am not sure as to what actually needs to be done here. Can anyone give a step by step method?

Clarifying this will be greatly appreciated. I have read the guides from cmahendra in the general section, however just a few questions and confirmations as above.

Thank you.

Hello Harsha,

1. As per my knowledge there is no any known method to relock bootloader. That means yes, once bootloader unlocked, you will permanently loose warranty.

2. This is the easiest and safest method to root L9. click here

3. Use this tool to install CWM without unkocking bootloader. click here

for any other detail message me here
The Following User Says Thank You to gdjindal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdjindal Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)