[ROM][4.4.4][YP-G1][17/09/14] CarbonRom (Unofficial)

Search This thread

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Does Misc. improvements mean that ART can be used yet lol. Also are you on Spring Break yet?

Yeah, well ART could be used since the first build but I think I forgot to give updates related to that. So yes you can use ART without problem. :)

The misc improvements was mostly a zRam thing.

Also no sadly. -.- I got my spring break 3 weeks ago loool.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, well ART could be used since the first build but I think I forgot to give updates related to that. So yes you can use ART without problem. :)

The misc improvements was mostly a zRam thing.

Also no sadly. -.- I got my spring break 3 weeks ago loool.

Lol thanks for the information. Man why did everyone get the spring break 2-3 weeks ago when spring doesn't start until the 22 of March in the Northern Hemisphere haha. All right time to download the new Carbon build.

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Lol thanks for the information. Man why did everyone get the spring break 2-3 weeks ago when spring doesn't start until the 22 of March in the Northern Hemisphere haha. All right time to download the new Carbon build.

I don't know haha, I think it's mostly because many people think march = spring outright. XD Though I finish college in a month and a half so I won't complain. ;)

striked0wn

Feb 22, 2013
vy2unybe.jpg

Camera preview in quick settings isn't working.. Shots are as expected fine..:)

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
very nice , goood and beauty rom

thanks carbon :D

after flash this rom my headset button not respond in music apps like poweramp

i need it

where is the problem ?

Last edited:

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
is it possible put mode like power saving mode for this rom that only play music and low process and birghtness and other battery usage reason for increase batt. life ?

this case very useful

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Hi, new build available for download

19/04/14:

Added 720p video recording (and 480p fix)
Headphones button fixed
Camera tile preview fixed
Upstream Carbon Changes (Power saving mode, new performance control, new theme engine)

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
tnx zaclimon
i flash new build
everything good

but where is performance setting ?

i like transparent status and i need it :(

Does transparency feature is removed?

if 16bit transparency and force high-end graphic is removed plz put these features again in rom

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
You have to enable developer options for performance to show up.

Sent from my YP-G1 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Working great with Impulse R6 and ART enable. The lockscreen issue I was having is also gone. Everything feels much faster. Also that performance is exactly what I have been craving.

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Working great with Impulse R6 and ART enable. The lockscreen issue I was having is also gone. Everything feels much faster. Also that performance is exactly what I have been craving.

i enable this but i cant find transparency feature and force high-end graphic similar previously build

Last edited:

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
i enable this but i cant find transparency feature and force high-end graphic similar previously build

Carbon just replaced their performance menu, it's normal that old cm settings may be not here. In that case the only thing you can do it is by using the old way before cm implemented their method. (which is removing the low.ram flag in the build.prop).

Last edited:
Reactions: yaser8610

yaser8610

Mar 9, 2014
Carbon just replaced their performance menu, it's normal that old cm settings may be not here. In that case the only thing you can do it is by using the old way before cm implemented their method. (which is removing the low.ram flag in the build.prop).

oooh tnx zaclimon :good:
work it

this rom very beauty and battery usage very good

tnx for your effort

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Hey @zaclimon. Can you still add widgets to the lockscreen? I don't see the setting for it? Also when I go to change my voltage it doesn't do anything lol.

I can see what I can do but it can be out of my scope. Also relating to voltage, the interface doesn't allow for dynamic changes to the voltage. (unless it was working before for you which I would be surprised loool)

Reactions: obscuresword

WHib96

Feb 8, 2013

On this newest build, how does the battery compare to that of cm10.1 (which you said was very stable and had very good battery)? Carbon looks awesome and I'm thinking I might switch over from cm10.2, but only if everything seems nice and stable and the battery is good. I cannot stand it when a rom gives me bad battery life lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Gapps Downloads (Banks)

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Bugs

Same as CM11...

Thanks

Carbon Team
    Cyanogenmod
    Bbelos

Device-specific Changelog:

Code:
    16-05-14:
    - Ramdisk compression changes
    - Fixes for google camera

19-04-14:
    - 720p Video recording (and 480p fix)
    - Fixed Camera tile preview
    - Fixed Headphone button (for play/pause)

23-03-14:
    - Fixed GPS and Bluetooth
    - Touchscreen now works in recovery
    - Misc improvements

07-03-14:
    - Initial Release
    Update!

Hey it's been a long so I thought I could drop in an update in case you've been waiting for new stuff

16/05:

- Little ramdisk changes (results in a lower sized boot.img)
    - Fix for google camera
    - Upstream changes (New theme provider, checkbox for high-res graphics, omni switch, etc)

I didn't tested yet impulse with this build but I assume it will work no problem, though I'll update impulse next week with this new change.

Enjoy!! :)

EDIT: Removed for the time being, there's a crash with systemui, I'll recompile with the fix.
    Alright new build available guys on the dev-host folder:

06/07

Upstream carbon changes (Google update service wakelock fix as the main important change for some)

A new CM build with the changes will come tomorrow.

Enjoy!! :)
    very nice , goood and beauty rom

thanks carbon :D

after flash this rom my headset button not respond in music apps like poweramp

i need it

where is the problem ?

I found the issue, it will be fixed in the next build.