S4 TW Theming Q&A

Search This thread

Schoat333

Sep 3, 2010
NE Ohio
One more question. Everytime I try to install the framework-res.apk in apktool, it says "exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException Multiple resources: spec=0x010802f4 drawable/ic_ab_back_holo_dark, config=-hdpi" etc... how do I fix that? Also, do you know how I can change the date and time in the notification drop down too? Thanks a lot!

Sounds like you have either an older aapt, or an older apktool version. Make sure you're using apktool 1.5.2, and the aapt from the newest sdk.

Here is a link to apktool

https://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/

I attached the newest aapt for windows below. Just unzip it, and put the aapt.exe in your apktool folder.

Attachments

• aapt.zip
    381.6 KB · Views: 25

dan_joegibbsfan

Sep 19, 2010
Waverly, OH
One more question. Everytime I try to install the framework-res.apk in apktool, it says "exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException Multiple resources: spec=0x010802f4 drawable/ic_ab_back_holo_dark, config=-hdpi" etc... how do I fix that? Also, do you know how I can change the date and time in the notification drop down too? Thanks a lot!
I was getting the same errors when decompiling and Gunthermic fixed my issue. I needed the apktool_1.5.2.jar file (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1755243) then it decompiled without error.

Reactions: JZ SmartMort

zxsix

Oct 21, 2006
Anyone able to theme the dialer to be black with cyan numbers and bars like the ICS dialer and get rid of all the white?

Dark_Spark

May 25, 2013
Sounds like you have either an older aapt, or an older apktool version. Make sure you're using apktool 1.5.2, and the aapt from the newest sdk.

I attached the newest aapt for windows below. Just unzip it, and put the aapt.exe in your apktool folder.

I appreciate the help! I did use this file, but the actual problem was that I needed a different apktool.jar file. I really appreciate your help though!

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I was getting the same errors when decompiling and Gunthermic fixed my issue. I needed the apktool_1.5.2.jar file (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1755243) then it decompiled without error.

Thank you! That was the problem! I appreciate it!

Dark_Spark

May 25, 2013

Sorry to be so noob-ish, but I need just a bit more help...whenever I try to re-compile my modified APK (SystemUI), I get the attached errors. :(

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 123
  • help2.jpg
    help2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Jayrod76

Oct 6, 2012
Got 2 questions for everyone. I'm new to TW and have seen a few changes in 4.2.2 as well as how sammy does things. First..has anyone figured out how to get a themed status bar working? @drawable/statusbar_background isn't working in either of the res/values/drawables sections Secondly..this has to be a 4.2.2 change because it is happening in CM as well as Liquid AOSP. I'm looking for the BG for the clock on the notification screen. It is overriding a portion of the Nav bar.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370952067425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370952067425.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 130

Schoat333

Sep 3, 2010
NE Ohio
THANK YOU!! Really man, thanks a lot. I finally got it to compile. I might've accidentally put some +'s on ones that didn't need them. Will that hurt anything? Thanks for being so patient with me though!

As long as your not using those xml's, it shouldn't. I always use 7zip to move whatever I changed from the apk in the dist folder into the original apk.

Dark_Spark

May 25, 2013
As long as your not using those xml's, it shouldn't. I always use 7zip to move whatever I changed from the apk in the dist folder into the original apk.

Awesome. I usually do the same. Now, as far as actual theming goes (not just using apktool), do you know where the PNG's are to change the toggles for mute, vibrate, and sound are in the phone options dialog? I'm talking about when you hold the power button down and have the options to restart or shut down etc.. I want to change the green on those toggles to match my ICS blue. Thanks man. You're helping me out a lot.

zxsix

Oct 21, 2006
If I wanted the logo of my favorite sports team to show up behind the dialer buttons where it's currently plain white, which file would I replace?
I'm guessing it's inside /system/app/seccontacts.apk?

Jayrod76

Oct 6, 2012
Ok..figured out the themed status bar..but still can't figure out the notification clock Bg..anyone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try this

edit locationcontroller.smali in systemui.apk under com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy. Remove all instances of the following lines:
    Invoke-virtual {v6, v7, v3, v5, v8}, landroid/app/statusbarmanager;->seticon(ljava/lang/string;iiljava/lang/string;)v

invoke-virtual {v3, v5, v4}, landroid/app/statusbarmanager;->seticonvisibility(ljava/lang/string;z)v

invoke-virtual {v4, v5, v6, v3, v7}, landroid/app/statusbarmanager;->seticon(ljava/lang/string;iiljava/lang/string;)v

invoke-virtual {v3, v4, v2, v5, v6}, landroid/app/statusbarmanager;->seticon(ljava/lang/string;iiljava/lang/string;)v

invoke-virtual {v2, v3, v4}, landroid/app/statusbarmanager;->seticonvisibility(ljava/lang/string;z)v

also i created this for the sgs3, but it may help some
    S4 Samsung Camera Settings Change Text Color

I have been working on my ASU theme and have had a lot of folks ask me how to change the text color in the settings menu.

So far I have found the right side text colors here. smali/com/sec/android/app/camera/glwidget/ two smali files.

1. TwGLItemDataText.smali

Look for:

# direct methods
    .method static constructor <clinit>()V
    .locals 3

.prologue
    const/16 v2, 0xff

Change 0xff to your desired color.

2. TwGLItemThumbnailText.smali

Look for :

# direct methods
    .method static constructor <clinit>()V
    .locals 2

.prologue
    const/16 v1, 0xff

Change 0xff to your desired color.

Compile and enjoy!
    Brightness Animation color 4.3 Squashed

Gents the Brightness Animation Color has now been squashed.

Go to SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\Anim atedBrightnessIconView.smali

Look for:

.line 73
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/AnimatedBrightnessIconView;->mPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

const v1, -0x3a1f17

Change -0x3a1f17 to your desired smali color code!!!!

Enjoy!!!
    Here's a quick tutorial to update themes to 4.4 from 4.3.

1. Change all folders with 359 to 360.
    2. Rename clock and contacts to " "_OSup.apk
    3. In systemui; rename ic_notify_edit_normal.png, ic_notify_open_normal.png, ic_notify_quicksettings_normal.png, ic_notify_settings_normal.png to jbp_ic_notify_" "_normal.png
    4. All aosp menus are now in drawable-xxhdpi. They are larger .9s so they need to be redone or they'll look bad.
    5. Move respective apk folders to priv-app.
    6. Tw app background is now an xml in drawable folder. It's the same as before but the tw_app_background no longer applies. [You can do a gradient with the xml. Copy and paste holo menu color text line to tw bg xml. Haven't achieved transparency yet]

Added
    7. Rename ic_settings_airplanemode to " "_airplane_mode
    8. Framework\drawable-xxhdpi tw_ic_lock_easymode for power menu
    9. Added icon in settings\xxhdpi ic_settings_launch_apps and an add account icon.

Please add to this if I've missed something. This is all in reference to mainly png folders. I'm not sure about what xml or smali or whatever else might of changed.
    For those that were also wondering the answer to my progress/scrubber question.

This is the exact location of the image that you need to edit in the framework-res.apk.

res\drawable-sw360dp-xxhdpi\tw_progress_primary_holo_dark.9.png

Here's a screenshot