Note 3 LCD replacement question

Search This thread

raven69david

Jul 20, 2010
Does a Sprint Note 3 screen work on an AT&T/T-Mobile Note 3 ? I have a friend that can replace Sprint Note 3 LCD/Digitizers on broken Sprint Note 3's and was wondering if I could replace a broken/damaged LCD from an AT&T or T-Mobile Note 3 too? TIA

raven69david

Jul 20, 2010
I got my answer via Samsung chat:

info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Daisy'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
info: Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125601008151X
Daisy: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
david: i have a galaxy note 3 with a broken glass.
david: can you tell me if the replacement LCD for a Sprint Note 3 and a T-Mobile Note 3 are the same?
david: or are they different part numbers?
Daisy: I am sorry to know that the device glass is broken.
Daisy: I would like to inform that the LCD for the Sprint Note 3 and a T-Mobile Note 3 are the same.
Daisy: Samsung do repair the device screen and fix it.
Daisy: Samsung provides one year standard warranty for the device from the date of purchase. Unfortunately, physical or liquid damage are not covered under warranty service cost includes accordingly.
david: so then the screens for a CDMA Note 3 and a GSM Note 3 are the same?
david: if so, can you provide me with the part #?
Daisy: I will explain you David.
Daisy: Samsung does not sell any spare part and we do not recommend to replace or repair the device LCD screen.
Daisy: It may void the device functionality.
david: yes
david: i understand.
david: the work would be performed at a local repair facility
david: however I was told that the LCD for a Sprint Note 3 was different than a T-Mobile Note 3 and was provided different repair costs.
david: this is why I'm trying to see if it's in fact the same part for every different carrier variant of the Note 3.
Daisy: I would like to inform that the Note 3 model is same for all Carrier.

Reactions: yrv_13

yrv_13

Feb 1, 2011
This helped me a lot i was looking for a replacement for my N900W8 and was confused as what to buy, now i understand if you order the LCD only it can be istalled to any note 3, however if you happen to buy it with the frame then im afraid you'll only be able to install it to that specific carrier/model you bought it for unless you also buy the usb flex AND the corresponding back cover for that frame. Thank you for this post OP

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: ne0tekk1

ne0tekk1

Aug 7, 2012
This helped me a lot i was looking for a replacement for my N900W8 and was confused as what to buy, now i understand if you order the LCD only it can be istalled to any note 3, however if you happen to buy it with the frame then im afraid you'll only be able to install it to that specific carrier/model you bought it for unless you also buy the usb flex AND the corresponding back cover for that frame. Thank you for this post OP

This makes alot of sense. I was wondering why there were n900A and n900T assemblies on ebay that said they weren't compatible with each other. So I guess to get the best price, it's wise to buy the frame and the lcd/digitizer seperately and just use the self adhesive on it for a quick install. I'm glad to hear the connections for the lcd will work perfectly with the main board.

Reactions: yrv_13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my answer via Samsung chat:

info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
    info: You are now chatting with 'Daisy'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
    info: Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125601008151X
    Daisy: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    david: i have a galaxy note 3 with a broken glass.
    david: can you tell me if the replacement LCD for a Sprint Note 3 and a T-Mobile Note 3 are the same?
    david: or are they different part numbers?
    Daisy: I am sorry to know that the device glass is broken.
    Daisy: I would like to inform that the LCD for the Sprint Note 3 and a T-Mobile Note 3 are the same.
    Daisy: Samsung do repair the device screen and fix it.
    Daisy: Samsung provides one year standard warranty for the device from the date of purchase. Unfortunately, physical or liquid damage are not covered under warranty service cost includes accordingly.
    david: so then the screens for a CDMA Note 3 and a GSM Note 3 are the same?
    david: if so, can you provide me with the part #?
    Daisy: I will explain you David.
    Daisy: Samsung does not sell any spare part and we do not recommend to replace or repair the device LCD screen.
    Daisy: It may void the device functionality.
    david: yes
    david: i understand.
    david: the work would be performed at a local repair facility
    david: however I was told that the LCD for a Sprint Note 3 was different than a T-Mobile Note 3 and was provided different repair costs.
    david: this is why I'm trying to see if it's in fact the same part for every different carrier variant of the Note 3.
    Daisy: I would like to inform that the Note 3 model is same for all Carrier.

This makes alot of sense. I was wondering why there were n900A and n900T assemblies on ebay that said they weren't compatible with each other. So I guess to get the best price, it's wise to buy the frame and the lcd/digitizer seperately and just use the self adhesive on it for a quick install. I'm glad to hear the connections for the lcd will work perfectly with the main board.