Adblock without root?

Search This thread

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
S8 is the first phone im considering not rooting since i didnt see much use for it on my S6 except for the adblock app. Is there one that works well without root? One that will work in chrome and youtube?

Edit: Is ad block possible without a vpn app?

Last edited:

Termynat0r

Jan 20, 2015
Germany
Someone mentioned "Disconnect Pro" on another thread. Apparently it has exclusive access to knox and therefore doesn't require vpn or anything...

Last edited:
Reactions: neotekz

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
Someone mentioned "Disconnect Pro" on another thread. Appearently it has exclusive access to knox and therefore doesn't require vpn or anything...

Thanks but at $33 it's too expensive. There's another app call adhell that's open sourced and free. Used the same Knox method. Just installed it and seems to be working.

tdp252

Dec 30, 2011
Pi-Hole

If you surf the web primarily at home, something many might not have considered is PiHole. Buy a Raspberry Pi, slap PiHole on it (takes about 1 minute to setup) and set your Wifi Router's DNS to be the Raspberry PI and BAM! You've now blocked all ads for not just your phone, but also your buddy's or anyone else who uses your Wifi network. It really is amazing and I've donated.

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
Disconnect pro. It was free a while ago in the galaxy app store. Works really well. Not ads in chrome but more important....no vpn icon or notification. Everything runs in the background just like adblock. I tried adhell but it doesnt remove the space from where the ad were. DP does....

teegunn

Dec 14, 2010
I just installed adhell on my S7E. So far I am impressed. Will use on the S8+ when I get it on friday. If Disconnect pro is that much better than Adhell, it would be worth the 25 to 30 bucks for me though. The worst part of not having root since my N7 and now S7E is not having full adblock. VPN adblock is just too cumbersome for my tastes. I will look into Disconnect pro also. Adhell is not blocking on youtube (I don't use youtube that much on my phone anyway), but so far everything else it is working.

Top Liked Posts