[REF] Kaiser Hard SPL Rollup Thread.

Search This thread

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
There are now a large selection of Kaiser Hard SPL's floating about. I am making this thread as a collection for all of them and the instructions for flashing them.

Explanation
WM Version - Different SPL's perform better depending if you are running WM6.0 or WM6.1. If you are using a WM6.0 ROM, you should be using a WM6.0 Hard SPL (v1 is recommended). If you are using WM6.1 any 3.* SPL is recommended.
Hard SPL Version - Most WM6.1 ROM's are based of a 3.* release by HTC / ATT. The 3.* Hard SPL version should match this the best it can.
MFG - Manufacturing. This SPL supports more commands (such as rtask a)
jockyw2001 - Any Hard SPL made by jockyw2001 (WM6.1 versions)
cmonex - Any Hard SPL made by cmonex.
DaveShaw - Any bootloader patched by me. Will be the same as cmonex's because I copied her changes from previous versions - all credit to her :).
Force USB - These SPL's have a fix to force the USB to work if it is not working for some reason.
nostuckinSPL - These SPL's have a fix to prevent you getting stuck at the bootloader as often.

Versions
Windows Mobile 6
-Hard SPL V1 (1.00.OliPof) [MFG] by pof / Olipro - Download and Instructions in the linked thread.
-Hard SPL V1.1 (1.1.JockyW) [MFG] by jockyw2001 - Download and Instructions in the linked thread.
-Hard SPL V1 nostuckinSPL Force USB [MFG] by cmonex - download only.

Windows Mobile 6.1 - All links are to the downloads, instructions to follow.
jockyw2001 (.hard)
3.07 Hard SPL / Force USB
3.28 Hard SPL / Force USB
3.29 Hard SPL / Force USB
3.56 Hard SPL / Force USB

cmonex (.hard2)

3.29 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL / Force USB
3.31 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL Force USB
3.56 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL / Force USB

DaveShaw (.hard)
3.34 Hard SPL nostuckinSPL Force USB

Instructions
If this is your first time flashing an SPL, take some time to read up on the other stickies (mskip's in particular) and wiki pages, this is more of a reference thread.

How to Install A Hard SPL:
  1. Plug the device into your PC
  2. Copy JumpSPL (either 1.56, 1.93 or 1.94) to your device.
  3. Take out your SD card & SIM Card.
  4. Run Jump SPL on your device
  5. Wait for the bootloader screen to appear and "USB" to show.
  6. Right-click activesync, go into connection settings and ensure Allow USB Connections is unchecked
  7. Unplug your device from the USB port, wait 5 - 20 seconds, plug it back in.
  8. Run KaiserCustomRUU.exe and flash the SPL

If you have problems with the above process, try this:
  1. Download the attached files from the first instructions
  2. Pull out the battery and reinsert it (this step *is* important)
  3. Connect your PC to phone with a USB cable
  4. REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
  5. Copy JumpSPL1.56-KAIS.exe to your device and run it (make sure the USB cable is still connected). If you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.93-KAIS.exe and if you still get a white screen then reset your device and now try JumpSPL1.94-KAIS.exe
  6. After a few seconds "USB" appears on the phone display
  7. Unplug and replug the usb cable
  8. Deselect "Allow USB connections" in Activesync connection settings
  9. Now flash hardSPL (run KaiserCustomRUU.exe on your PC)
Notes:
With the JumpSPL you should *not* flash radio roms, OS roms or full roms. The JumpSPL is only needed to flash a HardSPL (or SPL)

Upgrading SPL via SD Guide - Only works if you already have Hard SPL.
  1. Make sure your microSD is Formatted to fat32 (you dont have to delete all files but it is safer if you do)
  2. Download the SPL you want to flash from the links above.
  3. Rename the NBH file you downloaded to KAISIMG.nbh.
  4. Download KAISDIAG.nbh from here.
  5. Insert the microSD Card into the phone
  6. Hold in the Power and Camera buttons, then press the reset button with the stylus for about 3 seconds until the BootLoader screen appears
  7. It should say Loading / Update in progress and then to a screen saying SPL 1.00.OliNex
  8. It should now say Press Power Button to flash or just flash the KAISIMG.NBH and then reset
  9. At this point it should boot to the OS, if it doesn't then flash an OS (delete the previous KAISDIAG.NBH and KAISIMG.NBH from the SD Card and use Flashing Rom from MicroSD Card method)
  10. After the Operating System loads, DELETE the KAISDIAG.NBH and KAISIMG.NBH files

FOR ANYONE WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT THIS IS FOR, WHY YOU WOULD NEED IT, OR HOW TO PERFORM SPL PROCEDURES: Read This Wiki page

FAQ (Not 100% applicable to this but a good source).

Thanks (in order of appearance)
  • pof
  • Olipro
  • jockyw2001
  • cmonex
  • Kyphur
  • mskip

Attachments

• RUU-334-patch-nostuckinSPL-FORCEUSB.zip
    101.9 KB · Views: 44,112
Last edited:

Hyden121

Aug 5, 2007
Removed. I flashed 3-4 times and it finally took. Thank you for your help. Anyone else have a preference on a HARD SPL?

Last edited:

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Removed. I flashed 3-4 times and it finally took. Thank you for your help. Anyone else have a preference on a HARD SPL?

Was just about to reply. Glad you sorted it. I've had problems changing SPL before. The second set of instructions using Jump SPL worked. Also cmonex's KAISDIAG.nbh method works everytime.

I'm using 3.34 Hard SPL for 2 reasons.
1. The ROM I'm using is is based on the 3.34 ROM.
2. I made it (with cmonex's help ;)).

Dave

Hyden121

Aug 5, 2007
:) I saw that. I am using it as well but was curious if the 3.56 SPL was better in anyway. Either way it is great to finally have a new SPL and it only took me 1 year. ;)

darth maximus

Jan 27, 2008
Mandaluyong
thanks dave! i've flased it and all seems well. my keyboards only have 2 keys you have to press a bit more firmly than the rest rather than 9 with 3.29 so that's much better!

had trouble flashing via customruu so did the microsd card thing. kinda weird though, last night, i couldn't get the microsd approach going with 3.29cmonex. so i flashed via customruu and it worked. now with 3.34, i couldn't get the customruu to work, so i did the microsd approach. anyway, so long as it works!

nhatt

Aug 5, 2008
3.34 hardSPL tested ok for my kaiser,thanks to Daveshaw.

Last edited:

kurobosi

Mar 18, 2008
Japan
Could you explain what is the major advantage of using your 3.34 HardSPL toward to the other Hard SPLs?
I still have no idea about those HardSPLs differences so I'm using latest(? 3.54).

Thank you.

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Could you explain what is the major advantage of using your 3.34 HardSPL toward to the other Hard SPLs?
I still have no idea about those HardSPLs differences so I'm using latest(? 3.54).

Thank you.

All Kaiser ROMs (Cooked or not) are based on a Official release (some cooked roms are based on more than one). Here's a list of the official releases: Kaiser ROMs.
You'll notice the version numbers are all 3.* for the WM6.1 ROM's. People have noticed if you are using the SPL version that matches your ROM version you get less screen freezes.

Sometimes you can't match them perfectly, so a little trial and error can help you find the best match.

Hope this helps.

Dave

mazin13

May 19, 2008
jeddah!
All Kaiser ROMs (Cooked or not) are based on a Official release (some cooked roms are based on more than one). Here's a list of the official releases: Kaiser ROMs.
You'll notice the version numbers are all 3.* for the WM6.1 ROM's. People have noticed if you are using the SPL version that matches your ROM version you get less screen freezes.

Sometimes you can't match them perfectly, so a little trial and error can help you find the best match.

Hope this helps.

Dave

great work dave but i have to ask something...
is there such a thing as the ultimate spl? meaning it's a bit troublesome to keep changing spl's based on the original builds of our cooked roms...since they keep coming from different sources...
from ur experience, which spl is the stablest with the newer cooked roms..

i've been using cmonex's 3.29 since it came out and to me it seems compatible with any rom i throw at it...
is ur 3.34 the new 3.29 hard2? :D

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
great work dave but i have to ask something...
is there such a thing as the ultimate spl? meaning it's a bit troublesome to keep changing spl's based on the original builds of our cooked roms...since they keep coming from different sources...
from ur experience, which spl is the stablest with the newer cooked roms..

i've been using cmonex's 3.29 since it came out and to me it seems compatible with any rom i throw at it...
is ur 3.34 the new 3.29 hard2? :D

No idea. I've been using it for a while now but I don't flash cooked ROMs much at the moment :)

Try it for a bit and it you like it keep it :p
Only cmonex knows what's going on inside the SPLs.

Ta
Daev

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
Great work dave, seems you are quite good in organising things, Was missing such a nice piece of thread & must have started had I been so much in to it. Thanks again. Good luck. :)

neilus

Mar 21, 2009
There are now a large selection of Kaiser Hard SPL's floating about. I am making this thread as a collection for all of them and the instructions for flashing them.

MOD EDIT Snip... :)

Hi! I have weird problem with HTC Kaiser (or HTC TyTn II).

At the boot of Windows Mobile 6.1 i got the message "the device is clearing storage..." and then the device shutdown, the right led is stuck in blue and when I try to Upgrading SPL via SD my phone stuck at white screen and said loading...

I'm confused so I write this problem here. everything I do fails including mtty process. what can i do, help me please.

Thanks for advice.

Greetings!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Hi! I have weird problem with HTC Kaiser (or HTC TyTn II).

At the boot of Windows Mobile 6.1 i got the message "the device is clearing storage..." and then the device shutdown, the right led is stuck in blue and when I try to Upgrading SPL via SD my phone stuck at white screen and said loading...

I'm confused so I write this problem here. everything I do fails including mtty process. what can i do, help me please.

Thanks for advice.

Greetings!

Sound's like the ROM is at fault rather than SPL.
Try a hard reset, if that doesn't work, try flashing a new ROM via the bootloader.

Thanks
Dave

neilus

Mar 21, 2009
Sound's like the ROM is at fault rather than SPL.
Try a hard reset, if that doesn't work, try flashing a new ROM via the bootloader.

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave, thanks to reply, as I said I think I try everything and everything I do fails including mtty process, I try flashing a new AT&T ROM via usb cable at the BootLoader screen and the process completed 100% and when restart of Windows Mobile 6.1, I got the message "the device is clearing storage..." and then the device make a strange "sound" and shutdown, I was Tried a hard reset, doesn't work, I tried flashing a hardspl via the bootloader but unsuccessful, when I try to Upgrading SPL via SD my phone stuck at white screen and said loading.... when I try to Upgrading SPL via SD with the same SD to another phone its work.

Thanks.

anagarika

Jan 30, 2009
Crowded Hectic City
@neilus,

Since Dave mentioned ROM issue, I suggest you re-download again the ROM (just to make sure you got it clean and good) and re-flash. What was your O/S or ROM before flashing? The SPL is important to match the ROM version .. if you're from 6.0, then you need to flash a ROM that comes complete with SPL (such as OEM upgrade ROM)

Otherwise, go back to starting point and read through the newbies guide and this (especially for your stuck on white screen)

neilus

Mar 21, 2009
@neilus,

Since Dave mentioned ROM issue, I suggest you re-download again the ROM (just to make sure you got it clean and good) and re-flash. What was your O/S or ROM before flashing? The SPL is important to match the ROM version .. if you're from 6.0, then you need to flash a ROM that comes complete with SPL (such as OEM upgrade ROM)

Otherwise, go back to starting point and read through the newbies guide and this (especially for your stuck on white screen)

Hi anagarika, look this:

model : KAIS1*0
SPL-1.93.0000
CPLD-8

I was flashing a new ROM via the bootloader, original AT&T rom, everything work fine at the flashing process and finish 100%, when the unit charge and swich on going to first windows logo screen and with sound switch itself off (the sound is named "LB" I think).

Thanks a lot.

Top Liked Posts