[Rom/Kernel]ZTE N800 AWEsome Rom[V1.0 RELEASED]

Search This thread

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
*****YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID!
By installing this rom you are accepting any and all responsibility pertaining to bricks, crashes and failure to follow directions! It is YOUR DEVICE! If you are uncomfortable with modifying your phone, LEAVE NOW!*****

***This is my rom from Androidforums.com I figured I would post it here as well to maybe entice some extra development towards this device. More features are to come and I will update accordingly. ENJOY!***

Your phone is about to be AWEsome!

This is a custom rom I have been working on for a few weeks. It is a WORK-IN-PROGRESS though there shouldn't be too many (if any) bugs. Updates are expected.

Features:
  • Based off Stock 4.1.2
  • Nexus Boot Animation
  • Rooted
  • Fully Deodexed/Debloated/Zipaligned
  • Custom *Working* Kernel featuring OVERCLOCK to 1.8ghz for ALL ZTE AWE PHONES (Fixes Bootloop Issue)
  • Tweaked Settings Menu *TBA*
  • Reboot Menu *TBA*
  • Fast and Smooth

Included Apps:
  • Apex Launcher (Replaces Stock Launcher)
  • Android Tuner Free (For Setting Kernel Values)
  • Cyanogen Calculator (Replaces Stock Calc)
  • Omni Notes
  • Superuser
  • Root Explorer (Replaces Filer)
  • Terminal Emulator
  • Wifi Tether *Fixing*
Some apps may have updates, even though I tried to add the latest versions. Chrome, for example, didn't like having the latest version installed by default so I had to use the original.

Removed:
  • Virgin Mobile Apps
  • ZTE Updates (Won't Install Anyway)
  • Stock Browser (Chrome is Default)
  • Google Play Apps (Books, Movies, YouTube, Games)
  • TouchPal/Swype Keyboards (Request to Include?)
  • Live Wallpapers (Request to Include?)
Unfortunately to remove the System Update that will inevitably try to install (but will fail because of the Deodex) I had to include FOTAKill. This also, however, disables updating the PRL/Profile updates too. Sorry, I'm trying to find a workaround.

TO DO:
  • Customize Settings Menu (Stated Above)
  • Fix PRL/Profile Updating
  • Fix Wifi Tether App (Stated Above)
  • Add Reboot Menu (Stated Above)
  • AOSP Lockscreen (Coming in V2)
  • Other Stuff I Find Useful/Broken (Make Requests, I'll See What I Can Do)

Instructions:
  • Download Rom *HERE*
  • Install ClockworkMod Recovery Easy Method Here
  • Reboot to CWM - Volume Down/Power Button (Vol+/- to Navigate, Power to Select)
  • Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik-Cache
  • Install Rom from SDCard
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik-Cache AGAIN
  • Select Reboot ***HIT NO WHEN PROMPTED***
CHANGELOG:
Code:
Version 1.0
-Initial release
--Added rbheromax/cooldudezach's overclock kernel
--Added cooldudezach's wifi fix
--Fixed root permissions
--Removed Wifi Tether app *FIXING*
--Added Root Explorer

Special Thanks for Their Hard Work:
rbheromax
cooldudezach
junkie2100
Spz0
_1mous3_

And THANK YOU for downloading! :D :D :D

---Please report any issues you may find. Requests for features will be taken note of and I will do what I can to implement them---

Last edited:
Reactions: bamx2 and rbheromax

JimReid

Jun 9, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
New Rom didn't work-boot loop

By installing this rom you are accepting any and all responsibility pertaining to bricks, crashes and failure to follow directions! It is YOUR DEVICE! If you are uncomfortable with modifying your phone, LEAVE NOW!*****

***This is my rom from Androidforums.com I figured I would post it here as well to maybe entice some extra development towards this device. More features are to come and I will update accordingly. ENJOY!***

This is a custom rom I have been working on for a few weeks. It is a WORK-IN-PROGRESS though there shouldn't be too many (if any) bugs. Updates are expected.

Features:
  • Based off Stock 4.1.2
  • Nexus Boot Animation
  • Rooted
  • Custom *Working* Kernel featuring OVERCLOCK to 1.8ghz for ALL ZTE AWE PHONES (Fixes Bootloop Issue)
  • Reboot Menu *TBA*
  • Fast and Smooth

Included Apps:
  • Omni Notes
  • Superuser
  • Terminal Emulator
  • Wifi Tether *Fixing*
Some apps may have updates, even though I tried to add the latest versions. Chrome, for example, didn't like having the latest version installed by default so I had to use the original.

Removed:
  • Virgin Mobile Apps
Unfortunately to remove the System Update that will inevitably try to install (but will fail because of the Deodex) I had to include FOTAKill. This also, however, disables updating the PRL/Profile updates too. Sorry, I'm trying to find a workaround.

TO DO:

Instructions:
  • Download Rom *HERE*
  • Reboot to CWM - Volume Down/Power Button (Vol+/- to Navigate, Power to Select)
CHANGELOG:
Code:
Version 1.0
-Initial release
--Fixed root permissions
--Added Root Explorer

rbheromax
cooldudezach
junkie2100
Spz0
_1mous3_

---Please report any issues you may find. Requests for features will be taken note of and I will do what I can to implement them---

I tried the new rom from two different downloads and neither one worked. Because I forgot to leave the Debugging on on the phone I had to install with a sideload which seemed to go ok but I'm stuck in the reboot. I also didn't load the recovery rom to the phone so I can't get it back to where it was. The sideload doesn't work with the recovery rom. Keeps failing whereas the new rom loads but doesn't work. I'm currently trying to find another ROM that will work or a copy of the original ROM on the phone.

:silly:

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
I tried the new rom from two different downloads and neither one worked. Because I forgot to leave the Debugging on on the phone I had to install with a sideload which seemed to go ok but I'm stuck in the reboot. I also didn't load the recovery rom to the phone so I can't get it back to where it was. The sideload doesn't work with the recovery rom. Keeps failing whereas the new rom loads but doesn't work. I'm currently trying to find another ROM that will work or a copy of the original ROM on the phone.

:silly:

i replied to you on the AndroidForums post you had. sorry bout that, but that will fix you up

Alex Whited

May 17, 2014
Live wallpapers?

Hey really good ROM, but i missed the live wallpapers. I was wondering if you could include them or figure out another way so that i could have them.
Thank You!

awkmusic

May 23, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
LG V30
bootloop

Hi, I followed your instructions on your youtube video exactly. youtube /watch?v=q8XKp9vEXaY

The last step says to reboot the phone. When I did that it went into a bootloop. When I hold down the power and volume down button it goes to the android system recovery instead of the cwm recovery.

I used the files attached to your youtube video ( the 4shared files)
but I'm kinda wishing I would have seen this thread first and used the files in this thread.

Anyway, do you know of anyway to save my phone?!?! And stop it from the bootloop?

Thanks!

Platmanny

Aug 10, 2014
Phone camera not working on my ZTE N800

I flashed my ROM with out any problems and now my phone boot fine, no more boot-loops!

Everything seems to be working except the Camera, When I try to use the Camera, it just locks up, then reboots.

How can I fix the Camera from not working?

Thank you.

ajas1394

Sep 7, 2016
Zte n800 awe error .. Encryption unsuccessful

PLEASE HELP NEED HELP WITH MY PHONE, NOT how to fix it, I AM BEGINNER IN THIS, THE PROBLEM HOME AFTER A RESTART, TO START GIVES ME THIS ERROR ENCRYPTION, I MADE THE RESET FACTORY AND REMAINS THE SAME, NOT HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY TO INSTALL PROPER OTHER ROM

HELP ME PLEASE

TADT

Jun 14, 2017
Link died

Hi guys! This download link is down. Could you re-upload it, please?
Thank you very much! :) :eek: :good:
BTW, your work is great!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:
    • Based off Stock 4.1.2
    • Nexus Boot Animation
    • Rooted
    • Reboot Menu *TBA*
    • Fast and Smooth

Included Apps:
    • Omni Notes
    • Superuser
    • Terminal Emulator
    • Wifi Tether *Fixing*

Removed:
    • Virgin Mobile Apps

TO DO:

Instructions:
    • Download Rom *HERE*
    CHANGELOG:
    Code:
    Version 1.0
    -Initial release
    --Fixed root permissions
    --Added Root Explorer

rbheromax
    cooldudezach
    junkie2100
    Spz0
    _1mous3_