FORUMS

[Android on Omnia II-GTI8000] - [ROM] - [PORTING] - [FROYO 2.2.2] TWISTER v.2 ROM

159 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

By spiderman1961, Senior Member on 28th June 2013, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2013, 05:21 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalTekkers

Thank you for the response.

Click on Thanks button to thank

Quote:

I tried it again and I am stuck on the same screen, I can not turn the phone off, I have to wait a few hours for the phone to completely discharge out of battery then charge it again to turn the phone on again and use WinMobile.

You can remore battery to reboot

Quote:

Just to clarify step 12, 'Right-click on "ext4" and "remove" the partition'. There is only an option called 'dismount', I presumed that this is what you meant by 'remove'?

Yes

Quote:

In this image, on the highlighted part, is the first number '4'? Because for me on the previous step it is 4 but on this step it changes to 8 for me. Is this of any relevance?

This is strange: partitions are logical or primary? Microsd and SIM are inserted during istallation?
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 01:00 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The partitions are logical, SIM is inserted but I don't have a MicroSD card.

Also, when navigating to haret.exe on WinMobile, can the phone be disconnected from the computer or does it have to remain connected? Because while connecting by USB to the computer, I can not navigate to haret.exe because My Storage doesn't show on File Manager on WinMobile. But when I disconnect the USB, My Storage comes back and I can navigate to haret.exe

Quote:

Hi, please check "mmcblk1p6" , on mine have to change it to "mmcblk1p7", number 7, like in ubuntun is showned

Ubuntu shows that ext4 is sdb6 (number 6) so mmcblk1p6 is correct.
26th July 2013, 01:31 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:

Also, when navigating to haret.exe on WinMobile, can the phone be disconnected from the computer or does it have to remain connected?

Phone must be disconnected to click on haret.

Quote:

The partitions are logical, SIM is inserted but I don't have a MicroSD card.
Ubuntu shows that ext4 is sdb6 (number 6) so mmcblk1p6 is correct.

If you have no microsd, mmcblk must be mmcblk0p6.
This is cause of stuck

Inviato dal mio GT-i9001 con Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 03:20 PM |#34  

More
Thank you so much Spiderman, it worked.

However, I saw the instruction to restart the phone, I clicked 'turn off' then I switched the phone on again and WinMobile came back. Then I ran haret again and this time I clicked 'restart' and WinMobile came back again. What do I do?
26th July 2013, 04:22 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:

Thank you so much Spiderman, it worked.

However, I saw the instruction to restart the phone, I clicked 'turn off' then I switched the phone on again and WinMobile came back. Then I ran haret again and this time I clicked 'restart' and WinMobile came back again. What do I do?

You cannot restart automatically android: you must boot first WiMO, then click on haret.exe (we don't have bootimage for android)

If you want you can use RapidBoot or Gen y dual Boot to get semiautomatic android boot
26th July 2013, 04:25 PM |#36  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman1961

You cannot restart automatically android: you must boot first WiMO, then click on haret.exe (we don't have bootimage for android)

If you want you can use RapidBoot or Gen y dual Boot to get semiautomatic android boot

That is fine, thank you so much for your help, very happy that I finally got this ROM working!
26th July 2013, 05:06 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:

That is fine, thank you so much for your help, very happy that I finally got this ROM working!

Enjoy
26th July 2013, 05:10 PM |#38  

More
Excellent ROM, everything is fast, internet works and you have done very well in maximizing battery life - I like the 2G/3G Toggle app, saves battery. I would recommend this to everyone who wants Android on the Omnia II GTI8000 Great work!

EDIT: I am having some problems with mobile internet, when I first installed ROM I set up the mobile internet and it was working perfectly but now it is not working. I think it might be after I setup Wi-fi, the mobile internet doesn't work anymore. I have turned off Toggle 2G/3G but it's still not working, always says no internet connection on browser.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImmortalTekkers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ImmortalTekkers Ad-Free
29th July 2013, 04:19 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:

EDIT: I am having some problems with mobile internet, when I first installed ROM I set up the mobile internet and it was working perfectly but now it is not working. I think it might be after I setup Wi-fi, the mobile internet doesn't work anymore. I have turned off Toggle 2G/3G but it's still not working, always says no internet connection on browser.

Be sure that on /settings/wireless/mobile network not flagged "use only 2g"
30th July 2013, 04:22 PM |#40  

More
Thank you, internet works now. However, I now face a new problem - the screen was turned off then I tried to wake it up but it didn't respond, it won't wake up. I know the battery is not drained because it was charged recently and nearly full. I had to take out the battery from the phone to restart the phone.
30th July 2013, 07:49 PM |#41  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Phone freeze
My gf was using the phone for a couple of days now and all was working great, but then the phone freezed and there was nothing to do to wake it up (it stayed freezed on the homescreen)
I had to take the battery out but then when I tried to reboot, after the Twister 2 logo the screen goes black and it won't finish booting. I feel it vibrates every 30-40 secons, maybe triyng to finish booting but after 5 minutes I take the battery out again.
Tried severel times with no luck. So I installed the image again and it worked, but of course I had to install and set everything again.
Again my gf used the phone some hours (I installed image yesterday) and again the freeze and again the phone won't reboot into Android, only black screen like before.

How can I prevent this from happening again? Why Android is failing to boot?

Edit: I cannot see the sd card or internal storage running Android. I unchecked Debug USB but no luck (also restarted my PC)

Another thing: the two first intallations when I open the Play Store, all the preinstalled apps were there, now I don't have any apps to show. I cannot see the apps already installed like Facebook or Gmail, how can I fix this?

ps Sorry for all the questions, but my gf is making me crazy because his Omnia 2 is not working OK as I promised
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android on omnia, froyo, omnia 2, twister

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)