[IMAGES] HMJ37 (USA WiFi 3.1) & HTJ85B (USA WiFi 3.2)

Search This thread

ryukyu1

Jun 28, 2011
Hi, Successfully flashed to HWJ37, but of course cant lock.
I am looking for the build differences btwn HWJ37 and H169 i.e. what fuctions are different.Also the HJW37 had a game called Gordy installed with it, that i can't seem to delete, how do i delete this game?

mulletcutter

Jun 6, 2010
GA
OnePlus 9 Pro
i have flashed tiamat 1.1, but want to go back to stock 3.1 to see if some games work. But my nandroids dont work. can i flash "Build HWI69 for US Retail mz604_hwi69.zip"? i have cwm 4.0.0.4.

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Hi, Successfully flashed to HWJ37, but of course cant lock.
I am looking for the build differences btwn HWJ37 and H169 i.e. what fuctions are different.Also the HJW37 had a game called Gordy installed with it, that i can't seem to delete, how do i delete this game?

Cordy is in system/apps if you want to delete. As far as differences, you would need to get that information from Motorola.

i have flashed tiamat 1.1, but want to go back to stock 3.1 to see if some games work. But my nandroids dont work. can i flash "Build HWI69 for US Retail mz604_hwi69.zip"? i have cwm 4.0.0.4.

You can flash these images fine from fastboot. I would recommand after you have to get cwm 3.2.0.0. though instead of cwm 4. CWM 4 is the reason your nands are not working also.

Reactions: ryukyu1

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
Here it is, Un-Official USA WiFi 3.1 Stock images. These are pulled from a clean USA WiFi 3.1 (stock 3.0.1 updated through the Official update). I have flashed all four twice now just to make sure it works.

Commands:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache

THESE IMAGES ARE FOR FIXING PROBLEMS AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT THE 3.1 BOOTLOADER
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS 100%
DO NOT TRY AND OEM LOCK YOUR DEVICE WITH THESE IMAGES

Download link: HMJ37 USA WiFi 3.1

I have a Verizon Xoom WiFi + 3g, purchased on May 27th, that has this build on it. does that still make it unofficial for WiFi only?

Brolloks

May 1, 2011
Houston
Can I go from rooted HC 3.1 with Tiamat 1.4.5 straight to HC 3.2 with this procedure?
Also will a Titanium backup work to restore my settings after this?

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Can I go from rooted HC 3.1 with Tiamat 1.4.5 straight to HC 3.2 with this procedure?
Also will a Titanium backup work to restore my settings after this?

You can go straight from any 3.1 to this. You will have to root it for tb to work. If you flash just system and boot (not user data) you data should stay in tact, It may loop you, hadn't tried.

Sent from my PG86100

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
Is it possible to downgrade from 3.2 to 3.1 using these images.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

jason8612

Feb 7, 2007
I have a wifi Xoom
HMJ37 3.1 kernel 2.6.36.3 gc2bee64
rooted with superuser 2.3.6.1 installed. Not sure if I have CVM as it doesn't appear on the program list, but I did follow bigrushdog's guide (I believe) to flash it to 3.1 earlier.

If I wanted to go to 3.2, what options do I have? Do I have any where I don't have to wipe out the xoom? What if I let the xoom auto update?

dutchcanuc

Jul 15, 2011
rooting a stock OTA install of 3.2

Not sure if anyone can assist. I flashed my Canadian xoom with us 3.0.1 and everything worked. Received 3.1 update and shortly thereafter 3.2. I would still like to root and install tiamat kernel so I can overclock but don't want to use CWM and Tiamat instructions or files intended for version 3.1 in fear of bricking.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Specs
UNLOCKED

Model (after flashing US 3.0.1 ROM) is Xoom
Andoid 3.2
Kernel 2.6.36.3-gb899528
Build HTJ85B

marcham93

Apr 5, 2011
New York
www.about.me
I apologize for this question, but I'm new around here...

I downloaded the zip files with the images for 3.2... what next?

Is there a guide to follow for rooting the Xoom with the 3.2 images?

Also who "roots" these images? (I'm not sure if that even makes sense)

Thanks.

-Mike

adma84

Aug 23, 2010
OK, got my Moto Xoom today, updated to 3.2 and rooted it (which of course required unlock and new boot). Problem is, I have a dead spot...was broken in shipping I guess. Since these are unofficial, what can I do to get back to an official image (3.1 for example) so I can unlock? Thanks so much guys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is, Un-Official USA WiFi 3.1 & 3.2 Stock images. These are pulled from a clean USA WiFi 3.1 (stock 3.0.1 updated through the Official update). 3.2 is pulled from a clean USA WiFi 3.2 (stock 3.0.1 updated through the Official updates).

Commands:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot erase cache

THESE IMAGES ARE FOR FIXING PROBLEMS AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT THE 3.1 BOOTLOADER
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS 100%
    DO NOT TRY AND OEM LOCK YOUR DEVICE WITH THESE IMAGES

Download links: HMJ37 USA WiFi 3.1 & Mirror
    Download links: HTJ85B USA WiFi 3.2 & Mirror

Mirrors provided by Berzerker
    OP, what do you recommend I do if I want to restore to stock and do an oem lock?

I'm currently rooted running, 3.2.

1) Can I run the 3.0 factory images from your other thread? OEM lock that way and manually update back to 3.2.

or

2) Use your 3.2 images and do everything but oem lock and then use the 3.0 images to oem lock.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to oem lock, you need to grab the stock ones from the other tread.
    Any reason why 3.1 won't work? Can I damage by trying?

Cause you need official images for locking...you can try, but will most likely softbrick. I tried 3 times with the official update, and softbricked all three times

Sent from my PG86100
    While on unlocked/rooted 3.1 can you use the official 3.0.1 (HWI69) images to get back to stock/locked mode safely or do we have to wait for Motorola to release the HMJ39 images to do that ?

You can back safety, only way to lock as of right now.

Sent From My Evo
    Ok, I have been looking around the site for the directions to reflash my Xoom. Can't find them. Can someone point me in the right direction.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1049485