Xoom 2 / XYBoard Threads - Please Read

Search This thread

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Evening all.

As the Xoom 2 and its variants do not yet have a dedicated forum, could all threads relating to the Xoom 2 have a [XOOM 2] Tag added to the thread title.

This will firstly avoid confusion to the original Xoom users and Xoom 2 users alike.
And, will enable a speedy transfer of all Xoom 2 related threads to the relevant section.

An example of a thread title follows.

[XOOM 2] Tips & Tricks .....

For threads that are only relevant to the Xoom 2 and variants and that do not contain the tag could users post a link to the thread here & I will add the tag manually, once added I will remove the link.
No other types of replies please.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Last edited:

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Why on Earth doesn't the Xoom 2/Xyboard have its own forum yet? The Xoom and Xyboard are two completely different devices. Come on, mods, get on it!

We mods have no control over what forums get added. You'd need to contact the admins, or vote in the relevant thread in the General section in the main forum.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

yxcv99

Oct 29, 2010
We mods have no control over what forums get added. You'd need to contact the admins, or vote in the relevant thread in the General section in the main forum.

I would like to do this but I don't get why there isn't a Xyboard/Xoom2-Forum, although I do not have any arguments to get one, but I don't have arguments for any other devices, too.
But I would appreciate the special XOOM 2-Tag, so I got a special search criterion.

yoerik

Jan 8, 2009
Rooting the Xoom2 me

Hi all,

I got myself a xoom2 me and i have rooted it.

I'd like to help and try to ulock it.

What would be the first steps?? (installing adb? and then?)

Thanks in advance.

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
Hi all,

I got myself a xoom2 me and i have rooted it.

I'd like to help and try to ulock it.

What would be the first steps?? (installing adb? and then?)

Thanks in advance.
Why don't you search before posting on a wrong thread. The XOOM2's bootloader is locked. So you can only root at the moment until the is a bootstrap.

rdrusso

Jul 16, 2012
tks...

Now I found the frimeware to Xoom 2 MZ 607, 608 e 616 recovery, if some one have problems visit the site sbf.droid-developers.org and download the file.

Rgds

chentz78

Jul 29, 2012
Amsterdam, Netherland
tks...

Now I found the frimeware to Xoom 2 MZ 607, 608 e 616 recovery, if some one have problems visit the site sbf.droid-developers.org and download the file.

Rgds

Hi, I'm from Brazil and my Xoom 2 version is 1.6.0_218.11-MZ607. When I check for updates no one appears.
Now I'm doubt about use RDS Lite and Droid Developers sbf for update to 272.15. Anyone update MZ607 (Brazil Xoom2 maybe) with this files ?

jones7773

Sep 17, 2010
hey guys, nothing to ask questions about today, just wanted you to know that i thank you for the time and effort you put in this forum. sure, there may be some things that are not thoroughly explained, but, it's better than anyplace else, and that means a lot. ...so, again, Thank You.

weaver11b

Jun 6, 2012
Appalachia Mountains
Ive got the MZ617 Verizon Motorola Xyboard 10.1, rooted, with ICS and patiently waiting for the devs to do their thing with the recovery. Once that is reached i am going to work on making a personal theme for my xyboard. Excited!

skypagers

Aug 10, 2010
SAN ANTONIO TX
Ive got the MZ617 Verizon Motorola Xyboard 10.1, rooted, with ICS and patiently waiting for the devs to do their thing with the recovery. Once that is reached i am going to work on making a personal theme for my xyboard. Excited!

Can you please tell me how did you rooted your device I have the same MZ617 Verizon Motorola with ICS can you please tell me thank you.

TheStickMan

Sep 16, 2011
80% of these replies are pure hilarity. One word in the title matches your device? POST FREELY!

And yes, I know this post is ironic.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evening all.

As the Xoom 2 and its variants do not yet have a dedicated forum, could all threads relating to the Xoom 2 have a [XOOM 2] Tag added to the thread title.

This will firstly avoid confusion to the original Xoom users and Xoom 2 users alike.
    And, will enable a speedy transfer of all Xoom 2 related threads to the relevant section.

An example of a thread title follows.

[XOOM 2] Tips & Tricks .....

For threads that are only relevant to the Xoom 2 and variants and that do not contain the tag could users post a link to the thread here & I will add the tag manually, once added I will remove the link.
    No other types of replies please.

Many thanks for your co-operation.
    Why on Earth doesn't the Xoom 2/Xyboard have its own forum yet? The Xoom and Xyboard are two completely different devices. Come on, mods, get on it!

This is tablet is ****ing useless. Never again will I buy a Motorola devices.
    This is tablet is ****ing useless. Never again will I buy a Motorola devices.

+1

After waiting for 2+ years to get rooted and roms.....nothing. nada. zilch.
    Just got back from best buy with my new Galaxy Tab 3.
    Putting my 64gb Xyboard on craigslist.