Xoom 2 / XYBoard Threads - Please Read

Search This thread

jefbeard911

Jan 17, 2013
Any Luck with fix at Moto?

Yeah...its in the motorola repair shop now...Get it back nxt. week...
Will post...:good:

Hi There,

I just bought a XYBoard 10.1 / Xoom 2 and have some light bleed as well. Not at all as bad as yours seems but still distracting and unacceptable
for a new tablet. Any luck with your repair at Moto?

Incidentally, I talked to Moto Care in US. They were very helpful and said there should be no light bleed and offered to fix under warranty. Initially, I thought I would just get an exchange from my dealer (just got it today), but after hearing that its common, I think I would feel better about having this one fixed instead of taking a chance on another.

By the way, I love this tab too! Solid, well-build, light. Feels great in my hand, and fast (at least fast enough for me)

Would love to hear if your fix worked

gil7177

Mar 17, 2013
please help.. locked [xoom2] tablet

hi everyone
after rooted my xoom 2 (16 GB, wifi only, MZ616 israel), i wanted to upgrade Androind version (it showed me there's an update, but it always fails, so i stayed at 3.2).
anyway, i've downloaded SDK_tools and followed the instructions on how to flash/update the machine.
after the command "adb reboot bootloader" the tablet got locked. all i see now is in this pic:
*http: // img2.tapuz.co.il/forums/1_168106296.jpg*

after reading a bit more, i tried to work with RSD lite, to install the honeycomb image, but the pc fails to recognize the tablet, and the installation fails..
*http: // img2.tapuz.co.il/forums/1_168106299.png*

when i'm writing the command "adb devices", it doesn't show me the tablet, even though the pc makes a sound when it plugged in/out, and RSD also see it..
*http: // img2.tapuz.co.il/forums/1_168122254.png*

(sorry links were written broken. as a new member i can't add links here...)

can anyone help me, please?

thanks!

gary003

Apr 20, 2011
Where to purchase MZ617 64 gb in US

Guys, could you please let me know where i can buy MZ617 64 gb in the US?
Thank you!

Last edited:

Droidjava

Apr 5, 2013
SafeStrap and Jelly Bean

So, after checking the Motorola site and other sites like Droid Life, the Verizon's Droid Xyboard
is getting upgraded to Jelly Bean, but it appears that the none carrier model of the Xyboard
is not getting upgraded to Jelly Bean. I have to Verizon Model so I really excited. With Safestrap
that Hashcaode developed and Jelly Bean upgrade to come, there is a very slim chance but
hopefully, some rom develop and maybe even some CM will begin.

Droidjava

Apr 5, 2013
Agree

I completely agree, I really like the Xyboard, solid and runs really smooth. at least for me.
I'm really glad to be getting the upgrade to Jelly Bean, so even if there really isn't any true
development started for the Xyboard, I'll still be excited and glad with just the 4.1 uprdrade.

CorleReeFer

Nov 19, 2012
Carlisle
Does anyone know where I can find the factory image for this device in order to flash it from fast boot... all links I have found have been broken or no longer existent

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Does anyone know where I can find the factory image for this device in order to flash it from fast boot... all links I have found have been broken or no longer existent

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Friend..Your device is it >> MZ617 10.1 ?

Sent by my Motorola Droid XYBoard MZ617-16 10.1_ICS 4.04

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Here is the link to MZ617 10.1 ICS 4.0.4

sbf.droid-developers.org/xoom2/list.php

the fast boot file you need is next to last file, 2nd from bottom..

Hope this helps..I do have GB 3.2.2 and ICS 4.0.4 but do not have a server space to upload for you to download..

CorleReeFer

Nov 19, 2012
Carlisle

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Here is the link to MZ617 10.1 ICS 4.0.4

sbf.droid-developers.org/xoom2/list.php

the fast boot file you need is next to last file, 2nd from bottom..

Hope this helps..I do have GB 3.2.2 and ICS 4.0.4 but do not have a server space to upload for you to download..

Sorry yes its the mz617 10.1 I thought I posted that... k now next problem... while in fast boot is says cannot program andnothing with flash because it is saying my battery is low but when I plug it into a wall charger it says battery OK? Am I able to flash that file via recovery? Because I am still able to get to bootstrap/ safe strap

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

What originally happened is I tried to flash custom recovery with fast boot and it failed so when starting up it goes straight to the fast boot flash error screen.. to boot I have to hold both power buttons and boot that way... at which point I can access bs/ss recovery... trying to fix that I was going to try to flash another ROM so I factory reset not knowing it would also wipe internal memory... so that took my ROM that I was going to flash and my nandroid... so right now I have no OS to boot into

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina

Sorry yes its the mz617 10.1 I thought I posted that... k now next problem... while in fast boot is says cannot program andnothing with flash because it is saying my battery is low but when I plug it into a wall charger it says battery OK? Am I able to flash that file via recovery? Because I am still able to get to bootstrap/ safe strap

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

What originally happened is I tried to flash custom recovery with fast boot and it failed so when starting up it goes straight to the fast boot flash error screen.. to boot I have to hold both power buttons and boot that way... at which point I can access bs/ss recovery... trying to fix that I was going to try to flash another ROM so I factory reset not knowing it would also wipe internal memory... so that took my ROM that I was going to flash and my nandroid... so right now I have no OS to boot into

Friend..

The fastboot file that I posted a link to, you load it with a Windows OS computer/laptop..I use my Windows7 laptop, and RSDLite 5.7 to load the file..and yes..the procedure to put your device into fastboot mode is (power button & sound button) after the device is in fastboot mode, then you plug into your Windows computer via USB, then proceed with RSDLite to load the fastboot file..if you cannot find all you need..PM me and I will help you..as time allows..lol

Hope this helps..

If you are inexperienced with this procedure..keep looking in here..there are instructions / exact procedures to load the fastboot file..if you cannot locate what you need..I will help..a fellow MZ617 owner, I'd be honored to help..We are few and far between..lol

CorleReeFer

Nov 19, 2012
Carlisle
Friend..

The fastboot file that I posted a link to, you load it with a Windows OS computer/laptop..I use my Windows7 laptop, and RSDLite 5.7 to load the file..and yes..the procedure to put your device into fastboot mode is (power button & sound button) after the device is in fastboot mode, then you plug into your Windows computer via USB, then proceed with RSDLite to load the fastboot file..if you cannot find all you need..PM me and I will help you..as time allows..lol

Hope this helps..

If you are inexperienced with this procedure..keep looking in here..there are instructions / exact procedures to load the fastboot file..if you cannot locate what you need..I will help..a fellow MZ617 owner, I'd be honored to help..We are few and far between..lol
ezabetuq.jpg

Sent by my Motorola Droid XYBoard MZ617-16 10.1_ICS 4.04[/QUOTE]

Haha so I'm finding out.. my mother just gave this to me over the weekend and the methods of doing things with this is very different as I'm used to Samsung devices (s3 and s4) and also have nexus 7 2013 version... I appreciate ur help.. also just want to confirm... bpot.loader is still unlockable? All info I found says it can't be unlocked altho I have found threads with the fast boot oem unlock method

Edit* tried flashing with rsd and got a fail then tried via command prompt using fastboot flash update (filename) and failed saying failed the problem with the battery I explained above
e3ydysuq.jpg

Last edited:

CorleReeFer

Nov 19, 2012
Carlisle
Is there any roms out there to rum thru bootstrap on the xoom2/xyboard? I cant seem to find any amywhere

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk HD

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Is there any roms out there to rum thru bootstrap on the xoom2/xyboard? I cant seem to find any amywhere

None that I know of..only the FastBoot..

Friend..seems as thow your battery must be charged to continue, before attempting a FastBoot..there is a “Factory" Micro/USB cable for charging the battery without an operating system offered by Motorola for the RAZR..I have purchased this cable and recovered a couple RAZR's before, but NEVER tried the method with a XYB..

CorleReeFer

Nov 19, 2012
Carlisle
None that I know of..only the FastBoot..

Friend..seems as thow your battery must be charged to continue, before attempting a FastBoot..there is a “Factory" Micro/USB cable for charging the battery without an operating system offered by Motorola for the RAZR..I have purchased this cable and recovered a couple RAZR's before, but NEVER tried the method with a XYB..

Bought a workimg cable from ebay so XyBoard is back up n running... so that problem is fixed... but no custom roms?

+1

After waiting for 2+ years to get rooted and roms.....nothing. nada. zilch.
Just got back from best buy with my new Galaxy Tab 3.
Putting my 64gb Xyboard on craigslist.

How much do u want for the 64 GB model... I'd like to buy it just to have it plus I think, times only a 16gb model

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Bought a workimg cable from ebay so XyBoard is back up n running... so that problem is fixed... but no custom roms?

How much do u want for the 64 GB model... I'd like to buy it just to have it plus I think, times only a 16gb model

That's great..tickled your up and running again..WooHoo

Nope..No ROM's that I know of..at first..I was all excited about a possible custom ROM back when ICS came to our XYB's..but have since decided to enjoy my tablet and not be consumed with the hopes of a ROM..now I am content with ICS, and if Jelly Bean never comes..then thats ok too..I enjoy my tablets, and one of them goes with me every time I leave home, and one of them is always by my side..these things are so useful, I cannot imagine needing anything else..Somewhere in this Forum, I posted a general list of what all this XYB can do..You will be surprised if one just applies all the wonderful Apps. available..and

I cannot imagine life without these XYB's without SafeStrap 3.12, RootExplorer, Titanium Back Up Pro..and ofcourse the device Rooted..

Yes there are newer tablets out there..cheaper (made)..and eye candy..but for the most part do the same as these XYB's..not much more..But I must add..the beautiful shape, and overall feature of the XYB, Non mistakable..all the others look alike..but the XYB is a design of beauty..(only my opinion thow). Like the RAZR and RAZR Maxx, no other phone comes close to being as a beautiful design, all others look the same, with exception of a couple other Motorola's..

BTW..I own (2) RAZR Maxx's..with JB 4.3.3..maybe obsolete by industry standards..but still do anything I need them to do, and more..

Friends..with the exception of the charge port issue..we still have alot of life left in our XYB's that some say are obsolete..which is a good thing, that leaves more availability for future purchases.. :)

SO..I suggest enjoying your XYB by installing, and using what is already available, (Apps) which is more than most will ever use..for example "NEXT LAUNCHER" and "NEXT LAUNCHER 3D".

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evening all.

As the Xoom 2 and its variants do not yet have a dedicated forum, could all threads relating to the Xoom 2 have a [XOOM 2] Tag added to the thread title.

This will firstly avoid confusion to the original Xoom users and Xoom 2 users alike.
    And, will enable a speedy transfer of all Xoom 2 related threads to the relevant section.

An example of a thread title follows.

[XOOM 2] Tips & Tricks .....

For threads that are only relevant to the Xoom 2 and variants and that do not contain the tag could users post a link to the thread here & I will add the tag manually, once added I will remove the link.
    No other types of replies please.

Many thanks for your co-operation.
    Why on Earth doesn't the Xoom 2/Xyboard have its own forum yet? The Xoom and Xyboard are two completely different devices. Come on, mods, get on it!
    Why on Earth doesn't the Xoom 2/Xyboard have its own forum yet? The Xoom and Xyboard are two completely different devices. Come on, mods, get on it!

We mods have no control over what forums get added. You'd need to contact the admins, or vote in the relevant thread in the General section in the main forum.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    This is tablet is ****ing useless. Never again will I buy a Motorola devices.
    This is tablet is ****ing useless. Never again will I buy a Motorola devices.

+1

After waiting for 2+ years to get rooted and roms.....nothing. nada. zilch.
    Just got back from best buy with my new Galaxy Tab 3.
    Putting my 64gb Xyboard on craigslist.