[ROM] Hyperion Yoshi 3: ANDROID 4.0.4 / SENSE 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
I will like to know the answer to this also. Thanks for the rom/port! More the merrier!

In factual terms there is no difference to both roms. This was just me getting my learn on and finally able to produce my own work on my own phone and sharing it with the world. I am still learning and as items work I will update and add into the rom. Garleest was nice enough to lend me a hand and help me so I figured I would show how the fruits of my learning and continuous questions actually paid off.

Reactions: Mazamuda

Mazamuda

Mar 12, 2012
Portland
You should add "Wifi-Calling" to the list of features that work, and a link to the ICS_Wificalling_Rilfix.zip, because I can confirm it does work your ROM.

Excellent work!

Last edited:
Reactions: rlcassidy

Mazamuda

Mar 12, 2012
Portland
The APM Mod is functional and stable. I have also tried the GoogleNow (MikeyXDA ARMv7 Offline M7) and it is functional as well. :)

Is there a tool to edit the stock icons on the bar across the top? I want to knock off the battery one. I can search for a hack, but I was wondering if I was just missing something obvious, the last time I had sense on my phone was 5 minutes before I rooted / rom'ed it. :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: rlcassidy

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
and is the menu key bugged??

mine doesnt respond, but it works on other roms, and im not sure if it is only me but the screen will flash when the phone is not unlocked

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
and is the menu key bugged??

mine doesn't respond, but it works on other roms, and im not sure if it is only me but the screen will flash when the phone is not unlocked

Yeah I was not able to get the menu button to respond however I am looking into that. As for the flicker you're my first case...but with all the reports on the other roms I have a feeling that it might be kernel...though that is my guess. I don't have the flicker on my phone.

Reactions: AngryDinosaur

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Yeah I was not able to get the menu button to respond however I am looking into that. As for the flicker you're my first case...but with all the reports on the other roms I have a feeling that it might be kernel...though that is my guess. I don't have the flicker on my phone.

i have the flicker with the other one v based rom on the forum forgot the name but its the one with the One V v1.3 rom

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
i will come back later, cant deal with the flicker :p

nice rom though

My apologies that you have bad flicker...at times I wish I had it so I could try to help solve it. Hopefully its fixed and all can enjoy sense.....On a side note I am currently working on creating OTA for this rom. Hopefully that would be something you all would appreciate. :D

simplyrafa8

Nov 5, 2011
Yuma, AZ
My apologies that you have bad flicker...at times I wish I had it so I could try to help solve it. Hopefully its fixed and all can enjoy sense.....On a side note I am currently working on creating OTA for this rom. Hopefully that would be something you all would appreciate. :D

That. Would. Be. Sweeeet!

Great rom. Got 9 hours of battery life with my display on for 4 of them on auto brightness, so that's pretty good!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
That. Would. Be. Sweeeet!

Great rom. Got 9 hours of battery life with my display on for 4 of them on auto brightness, so that's pretty good!

Glad to hear....on a side note for those using the Pimp my Rom feature give it about an hour or so to break in before you powerhouse you phone.

Reactions: AngryDinosaur

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston

No biggy man, looks like I'm the select few that has it, so your rom is good

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

poexone

Oct 20, 2010
Sacramento
Kernal

Has anyone tried ICS-JB aospX_frosted_cherry kernal with this rom? I have had great results with this in previous roms and wondering if it can be the same with this?

cnote74

Nov 26, 2010
oklahoma city
Has anyone tried ICS-JB aospX_frosted_cherry kernal with this rom? I have had great results with this in previous roms and wondering if it can be the same with this?

Frosted cherry is an aosp kernel and this is a sense ROM, so flashing it wouldn't be a good idea. Sense ROMs sense kernel aosp ROMs aosp kernel.

Sent from my myTouch 4g using xda premium

Reactions: JG

Synthetic.Nightmare

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2011

Lol where did jb come from? Its not a jb kernel. And no this is sense not aosp.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: JG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    phonedisplay.jpg

!! DISCLAIMER !!
    BEING THAT I AM POSTING THIS I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND ALL TO PLEASE TAKE CAUTION WHEN FLASHING THIS OR ANY ROM AND ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DEVICES. THE PERSON THAT HAS MADE THE ROM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE AND HOPES THAT THE BRAIN YOU WERE GIVEN IS SMART ENOUGH TO READ THIS AND OR ALREADY KNOW HOW TO SAFEGUARD YOURSELF.
    !! DISCLAIMER !!

== PART 1 ==

--- DESCRIPTION ---
    Based on the HTC One SV RUU
    Kernel Version: 3.0.57
    ICS 4.0.4
    Sense 4.1
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Rooted

--- WORKING ---
    Phone
    WIFI
    Camera
    Audio
    USB Mounting
    Messaging / MMS
    Data
    Advance power menu
    Extra Quick Settings
    Pretty much all items

-- NOT WORKING --
    HDR mode in camera
    Continuous Shooting in camera
    Voice in Apps is not working

--- CREDITS ---
    Garleest for the help and the base...AND the file-system so I could get it to boot up. (Check out his rom...where it all started)
    elginsk8r for his kernel to get us some sense 4 fun.
    Yoshua for help and testing
    Spinoza23 for testing and massive edits to the camera
    Football for the RUU
    Dsixda Android Kitchen
    Everyone on the Mytouch4g forum ...reading all the roms and postings got me wanting to make my own and with help I did

== PART 2 ==

--- VERSION ---

--- V 3 ---
    NO MORE HYBRID...Now fully Sense 4.1
    Icon change to Sense 5 Icon set.
    Landscape Rosie.apk
    Camera with Face detection and Smile detection (Smile will need to be selected when you enter camera mode)
    Color change for message bubbles
    Added in File Explorer

--- V.2.4a ---
    Adding in missing widgets

--- V.2.4 ---
    Voice working and corrected
    Flash Player added in
    A revert back eqs with tabs for sound and brightness settings
    File cleanups and .prop cleanups

--- V.2.3 ---
    New extra quick settings (Now tap the T-Mobile and EQS will show)
    5 x 4 App drawer
    Recent Apps have been re-sized correctly
    Removed battery for a more flattering % style battery

--- V.2.1 ---
    Transition to ANDROID 4.0.4 / SENSE 4.1
    Advance Power Menu is now included into the rom (no more separate flashing)
    Now includes the JB animations
    3d ROSIE implemented in with menu working on home-screen

--- V.2a ---
    Wifi Hotspot is functional and working.
    Updated browser to a re-sized One X browser
    Again as usual minor changes to get it rolling smooth and fluid
    Update to the APM to now include the JB animations
    I have removed Wifi calling as the contact pictures were not showing. There is a flashable zip out there that I will have a link for.

== PART 3 ==

--- ROM AND MODS DOWNLOADS ---
    [="http://d-h.st/"][ Link down ATM ][/URL]
    MD5 Sum: 355ebcfd696ef24aa0312db4715131bc​
    Hey guys...I have not forgotten you all and want to give you a peek at the new Hyperion Yoshi 3 that I will be releasing.
    Next release (coming tonight) will include the TP wake as well as the ability for OTA updates. I am also going to link to the battery mod posting until I finish up my mods.zip for you guys so you have your diversity.
    Hey all my apologies for not getting the next release out in time it will be coming tonight for you all. In the meantime I have been working on something special for you all and I hope that you will like it. Colabing with a friend on this but helping him iron out the rough patches. Hope this screenshot employs some excitement for those that like and use the sense roms.Sorry about the name hide. I am actually still working on the name and I dont want to preview it just yet.

Teaser image:
    Screenshot_2012-11-12-17-14-37.png
    Hey guys did ya miss me lol. Well I am almost back from Vaca. I Am not at my normal computer but will be in the coming week. I have noticed a lot of activity going on and do hope that you all have been enjoying the rom so far. I hope that I will be able to bring you a lot more and def make the experience that much more awesome.