Bloatware removal?

Search This thread

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Yes I noticed that most of the crap can be removed like Nascar, and Blockbuster.

subvelocity

Jun 10, 2010
You still can't remove anything that's part of Sense...Footprints, Peep, or anything that's HTC branded (HTC Likes, etc). Which is the whole point anyway, since all those seem to perpetually running in the background.

d12bn

Aug 15, 2008
sweet

Sweet just removed NASCAR ! More to come just wanted to see for myself

chriis77

Oct 5, 2009
just tried it. Still can't take out Polaris Office and Amazon MP3. Well better some then none at all... Had my phone since Wednesday... phone is simply AMAZING!!!!

jbermi

Nov 4, 2010
Independence, KY
the ones you can remove are Sprint Radio, Sprint TV, Blockbuster, 3D games, Qik...think there is one or two others.

...but I just noticed all those apps that can be removed are available via the market. they don't show as installed on the market just have the Update button. and will still only have the updte button after you uninstall. I also noticed in Sprint Zone under sprint apps, it still says Sprint Radio, and a few other i uninstalled are on my phone yet I uninstalled them via apps management. so are they truly deleted off your phone or not? just wondering.

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
LOL this is why a lot of people want root to remove junk from their phones that they never wanted installed in the first place.

lokios36

May 21, 2009
Hey guys I'm still pretty new to this whole forum concept, but I have done some research and to the best of my knowledge when I purchased my EVO 3D, one of the main premises behind this was to be able to remove the factory stock bs and bloatware. However there seems to be an issue because every posting on every forum all says the same thing, that you should be able to remove all this without rooting or unlocking the bootloader. I have also read that this is due to the OTA update released by Sprint for ICS on it. I simply want to remove the junk on my phone without rooting it if possible. Please guys a little help, and if I messed up and posted this wrong simply tell me and I will fix it. I have rooted several of my phones with no problem, I just want this one optimized with minimal garbage and would like to pick one of your brains' if you would be so kind. The closer to stock rom the better, just less the crap. Any suggestions etc, please let me know
Thanks ahead of time everyone
-Mike
ps I also am open to a custom rom I just would like to have some feedback from someone more experienced than I am
Blockbuster is removable.

Top Liked Posts