[Kernel][KJ1/KJ2/KJ3]Boog Kernel[10/9/11]w/CWM, init.d & bootanimation

Search This thread

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
Cho bản Leak UCKJ1 mới nhất đó Kevin ơi, chả chịu khó update gì cả:D

Use English please. Thanks

Forum Rules... 4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.

Last edited:
Reactions: edtonn
Mar 30, 2008
Hanoi
Use English please. Thanks

Forum Rules... 4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.

opps:( i'm really sorry. thank you for your comment:)

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
AWESOME boot animation!!! I forgot about those!

Great work, as usual, Boog!!

:) Thanks! Put it in there and didn't say anything about it sort of like an easter egg.

I'm just glad they are working correctly, they actually didn't want to stop on kh3, ki1/2 and kj1 they work wonderfully.

And if anyone doesn't like it you can flash another bootanimation, or just delete (with some sort of root explorer, I use es file explorer) /etc/poweron.wav and /system/media/bootanimation.zip. It will revert back to stock animation (not a black screen!).

4-2ndtwin

Dec 18, 2010
Uhhhh.... I will have to danate to ur coffee fund as well, when i get off work... since we now have a kj2 leak.

Thanks for ur continued work.

Sent from I897UCKJ1

Reactions: boog

jlsesler

Dec 23, 2010
Allen
Thanks! But, it looks like I might get a small break, the KJ1 kernel runs on KJ2! :D

I am running it right now.

What does it mean that the KJ1 kernel runs on KJ2? Does it mean that the kernels are identical? Does is mean there is no benefit to using KJ2 over KJ1 kernel (or vice-versa)?

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
Woops! messed up a file and didn't realise it till too late!

Fixed the link in the op, upload should be finished soon.

studacris

Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
hey boog i noticed that in cwm after 'install zip from sdcard', "choose zip from sdcard' is now the first option, im assuming your handy work, any way to get rid of all those unnecessary 'no' options when choosing something?

like in the darkcore kernel just has yes and no except for on factory reset which has all the no's like normal.

not a huge deal just that my volume buttons are a little wonky and scrolling through all those BS no's makes it either skip more than i pressed or not register them at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, going to start a new thread, the old one is soooo messy, and with all the leaks it might just be cleaner this way.

It appears that this kernel will also run on KJ2. If you get stuck on boot or a bootloop try clearing dalvik.

+ Juwe11's LMK settings
    + Tweaked Kernel Scheduler Settings
    + Tweaked IO Scheduler Settings
    + Tweaked Ondemand Governor/Sampling Rate
    + Tweaked Readahead to 512 on internal/external SDs (mmcblk blocks)
    + init.d support thanks to mtcarey
    + Custom Boot Animation

Odin flashable with clockwork, init.d, boot animation support and tweaks
    Download KJ1 kernel 3
    Download KJ2 kernel 3
    Download KJ3 kernel 3

To get init.d support, you must first flash the odin version above. Then the init.d version from recovery. No longer need to do the double flash for init.d support, and S99complete is no longer needed!

CWM flashable with clockwork, init.d, boot animation support and tweaks
    Download KJ1 kernel 3
    Download KJ2 kernel 3
    Download KJ3 kernel 3

You can flash the normal boot animations, they all seem to work as advertised. If you remove /system/media/bootanimation.zip it will revert back to the stock boot animation.

init.d support: you may need to create /etc/init.d then make the permissions executable on the scripts in init.d.
    boog, ok... I will go ahead and ask the obvious... r u gonna put together a specific kk1 kernel ??
    And again, thanks for ur time and work. Much appreciated.

over here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1340984 I have one at this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19246131&postcount=29

I actually did less work on this one. Just added my normal tweaks into what mtcarey has done with the initramfs and cwm.
    Boog,

First of all, let me say...great work, fast too!

Just a little edit for the OP. Both CWM links say KJ1, but the second one is KJ2.

Thanks again for the great work.

Thanks! I guess that is what I get for thinking I could remember to change it! lol

hey boog i noticed that in cwm after 'install zip from sdcard', "choose zip from sdcard' is now the first option, im assuming your handy work, any way to get rid of all those unnecessary 'no' options when choosing something?

like in the darkcore kernel just has yes and no except for on factory reset which has all the no's like normal.

not a huge deal just that my volume buttons are a little wonky and scrolling through all those BS no's makes it either skip more than i pressed or not register them at all.

I'll have to look into changing it.

And I didn't move the "choose zip from sd", it's the way it came in the source.

I am also looking at version 5 of cwm. Gotta do some testing with it, and see if there are any changes, or anything broken.
    Is there any chance Voodoo will be mixed into this awesomeness??

Not from me, mtcarey has been working on it. I'm going to stick to the basics.

Oh, and everyone, I went ahead and updated the op! I went and made an actual KJ2 kernel.
    Uhhhh.... I will have to danate to ur coffee fund as well, when i get off work... since we now have a kj2 leak.

Thanks for ur continued work.

Sent from I897UCKJ1

Thanks! But, it looks like I might get a small break, the KJ1 kernel runs on KJ2! :D

I am running it right now.