Battery Calibration (Harmless Method)

Search This thread

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
Read your advise, plus all the other links.
I came to a stunning conclusion...........................LIFE IS TOOO SHORT! Get on with life. Charge them when you can. For what they cost to replace its not worth going to the ends of the earth to preserve them!!

From box 13......

Reactions: bluheart

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
First post is as useless as my this post.
Battery will not charge beyond its capacity. Our phone is smart enough to stop the current when charging completes. So you are going to waste time.
Pouring 2 Litre water in a 1 Litre jug does not make the jug bigger.

Adhityairvan

Jul 31, 2012
Bekasi
www.cyberelite.org
Maybe you guys need to stop arguing about this trick is not working..just try these and test the battery life yourself..dont comment before trying first :) i have not try these tricks too,so i wouldnt say this tricks not working :D i think i will try out these trick tonight

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bump Charge your android device
    Follow the below mentioned steps so as to make the most of your battery charge:
    1 Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more,
    2 Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour,
    3 Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour
    Your battery life should almost double, as per the htc executives they have tested themselves and found out that there is a huge improvement in the battery life.
    This post was published by HTC, so sharing with all android users.
    I have never see so much voodoo related to a simple issue.

Given a device has an internal charge voltage regulator and battery voltage, current & temperature monitor, then it is possible for the system to ascertain battery full status and calibrate the monitor system with one single full charge cycle.. This is neither new nor rocket science, and has been the basis for battery monitoring systems for a very long time.

Secondly, it is quite simply not possible to overcharge a battery.. a battery of any given chemical cell structure has a voltage at capacity that is a constant. Applying higher voltages to "over-charge" a battery, simply has the excess charging power dissipated as heat in the battery charging circuit... Full = Full. Period.

all this other stuff is wishful hogwash..
    HTC also uses Li-ion batteries so if it makes a difference there it's quite plausible it would work for us as well. Don't believe all the battery manufacturer hype.

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

This "trick" won't work on Samsung devices. It worked on HTC devices due to the type of fuel gauge chip they used, namely the ds2784 and ds2746 etc. But Samsung phones use the max17040 and max17043 fuel gauges and they do not react the same and thus "bump" charging literally does nothing on a Samsung phone.
    "could" but highly unlikely.. and tbh unless you can provide some engineering theory based substantiation for it (the voodoo), my comment stands...

fwiw, it is not actually necessary to monitor charge current... A charger, be it single stage or multi stage, applies a charge voltage and the battery accepts current. As the battery charges, so its voltage increases and when the battery voltage is raised to within a predetermined window related to the charge voltage, then that charge stage is complete.. In general the final charge cycle, float, is left running as long as the device is connected to a charging source, though in some devices (eg iphone) the float charge is cycled on and off in a tight window of battery voltage.

Actually, the awesome Note doesn't have a current monitor, only a voltage one (and temp), which could make these voodoo rituals useful.

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Read your advise, plus all the other links.
    I came to a stunning conclusion...........................LIFE IS TOOO SHORT! Get on with life. Charge them when you can. For what they cost to replace its not worth going to the ends of the earth to preserve them!!

From box 13......