[Q] Nexus 10 in bootloop in recovery

Search This thread

whitedeacon

Aug 27, 2009
Pensacola
Trying to upgrade to KK from 4.2 and now I'm stuck in bootloop teamwin screen. I can get to the fastboot screen (Droid on back with cover open with "Downloading..." below. Tried using SkipSoft tool, but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

Try downloading and installing the KitKat ROM via fastboot. You can find the file in https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantaray, after you download you'll have to extract it and then you have two options to follow.

First things first, you'll have to copy the files that were extracted to a fastboot folder, or you can copy the fastboot.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and adb.exe to the folder where flash-all.bat folder is. Then you can execute the .bat by clicking on it twice, remember that you have to have your device on fastboot mode (press and hold both volume buttons then press power button). The only thing is that it will reset your device to stock, so all your data will be lost.

And the second option will save your data, you have to factory reset your device via recovery, then reboot in fastboot. You'll then extract the zip and get all .IMG files in the fastboot folder. Then you'll open a cmd in the folder and type the following:
Code:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img

This will reflash your device and you'll get to boot in KitKat stock ;). Good luck, hope this saves your device :).
~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

Last edited:

xRyudo

Oct 1, 2011
Hi,

Try downloading and installing the KitKat ROM via fastboot. You can find the file in https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantaray, after you download you'll have to extract it and then you have two options to follow.

First things first, you'll have to copy the files that were extracted to a fastboot folder, or you can copy the fastboot.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and adb.exe to the folder where flash-all.bat folder is. Then you can execute the .bat by clicking on it twice, remember that you have to have your device on fastboot mode (press and hold both volume buttons then press power button). The only thing is that it will reset your device to stock, so all your data will be lost.

And the second option will save your data, you have to factory reset your device via recovery, then reboot in fastboot. You'll then extract the zip and get all .IMG files in the fastboot folder. Then you'll open a cmd in the folder and type the following:
Code:

This will reflash your device and you'll get to boot in KitKat stock ;). Good luck, hope this saves your device :).
~Lord

Tytyty! You totally saved me with this solution you mentioned. I was stuck in a boot loop as well after trying to root my Nexus 10 and I've been searching Google for the past 2 hours for a solution. Yours worked like a charm and I'm back on a stock-rom for now. Going to do more research on the Forums here before attempting this again.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Tytyty! You totally saved me with this solution you mentioned. I was stuck in a boot loop as well after trying to root my Nexus 10 and I've been searching Google for the past 2 hours for a solution. Yours worked like a charm and I'm back on a stock-rom for now. Going to do more research on the Forums here before attempting this again.

If you want to root easily just use wug freshs toolkit. Or just download twrp. Flash it through fastboot the same way you restored stock (make sure your boot loader is unlocked which can be fine with the command fastboot oem unlock) then flash the supersu zip from chainfires thread

Sent from my white LG Nexus 5

Reactions: whitedeacon

whitedeacon

Aug 27, 2009
Pensacola
Big thanks!

If you want to root easily just use wug freshs toolkit. Or just download twrp. Flash it through fastboot the same way you restored stock (make sure your boot loader is unlocked which can be fine with the command fastboot oem unlock) then flash the supersu zip from chainfires thread

Wug freshs toolkit was definitely a lifesaver for my bootloop. Thanks for all the help on this thread. Glad someonehad the same issue as me and you guys were able to help us!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Code:

~Lord

I kind of think USB debugging is not enabled. Do you think that can cause a problem?

Hi,

You can still boot to fastboot with it disabled ;). So no problems!!

~Lord

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk