Run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb! error. how to fix it?

Search This thread

bossyman15

Jan 22, 2010
i have followed the guide for rooting sprint hero to a letter
when it tells me to do back up in recovery mode (step 8) i press home button and i get this error Run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb!

i searched and searched this forum for answer to no avail.

so can you please help me with this?

thanks!

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI
try downloading the Fresh Kitchen and attemp to use it to do a backup. I have run into this a couple times and for some reason however the kitchen gets you into the recovery seems to get things to work properly.

Veldetta

Aug 16, 2007
when it tells me to do back up in recovery mode (step 8) i press home button and i get this error Run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb!

thanks!

I ran across this issue recently myself. There was something wrong with my storage card. I manually backed up the storage card, formatted it, then I put the files back. After that, nandroid backup worked like a charm! ...and I have a "with Google" phone. Hope this helps...

bossyman15

Jan 22, 2010
I ran across this issue recently myself. There was something wrong with my storage card. I manually backed up the storage card, formatted it, then I put the files back. After that, nandroid backup worked like a charm! ...and I have a "with Google" phone. Hope this helps...

thanks that worked! expect i had to delete most of my stuff off my SD card.

mrinehart93

Oct 11, 2009
Chicago
I got that error once, and it was because I had renamed my Nandroid backup. Just rename it back to the original, and it'll be ok.

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
Just a theory on why this might not work:
How much space do you have left on your SD cards?
Maybe there is not enough room to expand the zip file while it is restoring it.

theresthatguy

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 9, 2009

thanks!

I only got this error once when my sdcard did not have enough space for the backup. I would put money on that being your problem.

durhamite

Jun 27, 2009
Durham, NC
I just got this error and freeing up space on the SD card didn't work for me. I formated and everything. Still getting the same error. I am just gonna ruu and start over... :(

johndoehizzle

Jan 4, 2010
i was getting this error yesterday.fixed it though,the night before i changed the names of the backups...i renamed them back to somewhat the original name n it worked.

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Just got this error message. Checked the size of my backups...about 181MB...checked the free space I had...about 101MB. Deleted 3 of the backup files I had to free up space, then it worked. So, for me...it was a space problem.

dhaus111

Mar 2, 2010
space problem

I was getting the run nandroid via adb error also... like you said... "not enough space..." that fixed it for me. so simple... thanks

Patb8man

Mar 22, 2009
I only get the error when my batter is below 40 percent or so and not on the charger. I believe its a safety measure to make sure your phone doesnt die and brick in the process.

kingkeld

Aug 12, 2009
I just had this same error, and read through the solutions. None were relevant.

However, I changed my spaces to underscores in my file names and now it works. :)

Hope this helps someone else. Just make sure everything is in "one word".

JustShim

Feb 8, 2010
I had this issue about an hour ago. I had changed the names of my back ups (So I could remember what the heck they were backing up). I'm fairly certain that changing the name is what caused the issue. I had enough space on my SD card and I even tried plugging it into the charger (as reccommended in previous posts).

Putting underscores instead of spaces fixed this for me. Thank you kingkeld! I'm glad I never ran into this issue sooner, otherwise I would have been screwed (since you only posted this 4 days ago).

bigviv

Feb 27, 2008
all you need to do is plug your phone in and restore

just had that issue and it's a fail safe to ensure no bricking in case your phone dies