Micromax A45 ROOTED!! (MTK 6573)

Search This thread

vshlkmr

So, this is it! MICROMAX A45 has been rooted!! :laugh:

Things you would be needing:

1. SP flash tool -> ver 2.1 preffered (google it)
2. Download and extract my attatched .rar file.
3. Unlockroot (get it from www.unlockroot.com).
4. MTK drivers (download the attatchment from this xda post)
5. ADB drivers (No need to worry about, unlockroot will automatically setup the adb driver while rooting)

Ok so let's move on to the steps:

1. This rar file contains my modified boot.img & the A45 scatter file (needed by SP Tools, tells the SP tools which rom addresses to flash).
2. Install the MTK drivers, just run the InstallDriver.exe program inside the MTK folder).
3. Most of you might be experienced with flashing through SP Tools, for those who are using it for the first time read this excellent guide on how to use it -> MTK Flashing Using SP Tools
4. After flashing, reboot your handset by taking out and reinserting the battery.
5. When the phone boots up go to Settings->Applications->Development and tick mark "Enable Debugging".
6. Now attach your phone using the data cable.
7. Open Unlockroot program through windows start menu.
8. Click the big green root button.
9. It will ask for installing drivers, click "yes"...it's now installing the ADB drivers.
10. Finally it will root your phone and will ask you for rebooting the phone, click yes.
11. Let your A45 reboot.

Finally after booting, check the app drawer for an application "Superuser"...Congratulations!! your A45 is successfully rooted!!!...:highfive:

Credits:

Me! :cowboy:
Sahil Deep, gave me a link to an original boot.img of A45

Caution: You can softbrick your device if you play around much on "GOD MODE" (Superuser mode), know what you are doing and accept the consequences if you make your device unusable (although highly rare)..

ANY QUESTIONS?? DONT HESITATE TO ASK ME!! POST IT TO THE FORUM, NO PM!

&..hey press the 'thanks' button if u think i deserve it..:angel:

EDIT: I HAVE ALSO ATTATCHED THE ORIGINAL BOOT.IMG OF THE A45 FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE THE STOCK BOOT.IMG!

Attachments

• a45root.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 7,555
  • a45bootorignal.img
    6 MB · Views: 1,965
Last edited:

jayachar88

Aug 5, 2012

5. ADB drivers (No need to worry about, unlockroot will automatically setup the adb driver while rooting)

1. This rar file contains my modified boot.img & the A45 scatter file (needed by SP Tools, tells the SP tools which rom addresses to flash).
2. Install the MTK drivers, just run the InstallDriver.exe program inside the MTK folder).
3. Most of you might be experienced with flashing through SP Tools, for those who are using it for the first time read this excellent guide on how to use it -> MTK Flashing Using SP Tools
4. After flashing, reboot your handset by taking out and reinserting the battery.
5. When the phone boots up go to Settings->Applications->Development and tick mark "Enable Debugging".
9. It will ask for installing drivers, click "yes"...it's now installing the ADB drivers.
10. Finally it will root your phone and will ask you for rebooting the phone, click yes.
11. Let your A45 reboot.

Finally after booting, check the app drawer for an application "Superuser"...Congratulations!! your A45 is successfully rooted!!!...:highfive:

Credits:

Sahil Deep, Indiedevers member, gave me a link to an original boot.img of A45

Caution: You can softbrick your device if you play around much on "GOD MODE" (Superuser mode), know what you are doing and accept the consequences if you make your device unusable (although highly rare)..

New around here (xda-dev and Android hacking), so please be gentle if I ask a stupid question. Have read may recommendations that before flashing a new ROM, one should backup their current ROM and user-data, so that one can recover one's phone if it were to be bricked for some reason. However, looks like to be able to do that, you need to Root the device first. And this seems to be a vicious circle.

Wondering if some way of backing up original ROM exists, without needing to Root, and how did Sahil Deep / Indidevers manage to get the original boot.img !!

BTW, I am probably too sleep-deprived, because I cannot seem to find the "Thank" button !! Will definitely click it once I've had a chance to try out your method and succeeded. Until then (and until I find the darn button), please accept my gratitude.

Reactions: sahil11

blaze956

Sep 23, 2012
problem

i am having problems in using sp flash;

could you please detail that whole topic plz plz...

i too own micromaxx a45.

Superhero340

Sep 23, 2012
Worked!!!

It worked n rooted.. can you plz upload the original boot.img file of a45? and i also need a cwm custom recovery for a45.... :)

Sforever31

Aug 24, 2011
Punjab
www.facebook.com
plz make a rom

anyone make a rom for Micromax a45

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

any tweak for a45..?

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

how to add thanks button

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

fast

Reactions: sahil11

prashanthca

Sep 22, 2012
Recovery console doesn't load

I followed the instructions you've given and have successfully rooted my Micromax A45! :) now the problem is, i manually flashed the clockworkmod recovery image onto RECOVERY using the SP Flash Tool v2.1 and when i try to boot into recovery mode, it gets stuck at the logo(Superfone PUNK logo) and doesnt go further. Pls suggest a solution. Many thanks!:cyclops:

Last edited:

Sforever31

Aug 24, 2011
Punjab
www.facebook.com
i have

I have boot.img

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

11. Let your A45 reboot.

Credits:

Sahil Deep, Indiedevers member, gave me a link to an original boot.img of A45

EDIT: I HAVE ALSO ATTATCHED THE ORIGINAL BOOT.IMG OF THE A45 FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE THE STOCK BOOT.IMG!

vishal this my profile sahil deep

prashanthca

Sep 22, 2012
CWM recovery for Micromax a45

Hi,

I had earlier posted about a problem i had with clockworkmod on Micromax a45, and i'm really happy to say I have solved it! i edited the recovery.img file and replaced the cwm-kernel with the a45 stock recovery kernel and voila! it works perfectly! :D I have attached the custom recovery img which can be flashed using the SPF Tool. BTW, can anyone suggest any good custom ROMs for micromax a45? Thank you.:laugh:

Attachments

• a45recovery-cwm.img
    4.7 MB · Views: 3,158

ayush.gaud

Sep 28, 2012
How to add a kernal to recovery.img

Hi,

I had earlier posted about a problem i had with clockworkmod on Micromax a45, and i'm really happy to say I have solved it! i edited the recovery.img file and replaced the cwm-kernel with the a45 stock recovery kernel and voila! it works perfectly! :D I have attached the custom recovery img which can be flashed using the SPF Tool. BTW, can anyone suggest any good custom ROMs for micromax a45? Thank you.:laugh:

I am new to this thread but I just wanted to know how to edit recovery.img files I could not repack them using perl scripts please help.I have the whole romdump of A45

Reactions: 1996akashkumar

prashanthca

Sep 22, 2012
Repack img file

I am new to this thread but I just wanted to know how to edit recovery.img files I could not repack them using perl scripts please help.I have the whole romdump of A45
[THIS ONLY WORKS IN LINUX]
extract the zip file to the folder where you've unpacked the img file and modified it. open terminal, change the directory to that folder and type in

./mkbootimg --cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' --kernel name-of-the-kernel --ramdisk name-of-the-ramdisk.gz -o recovery-new.img

Attachments

• repack.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: MAX_THE_EVIL

tej720

Sep 29, 2012
how to install clockworkmod on micromax a45

Hi... Iam new to this forum and please tell me how to install clockworlmod recovery on my micromax a45 (rooted). Please Help me.
And thanx for the rooting information.

ayush.gaud

Sep 28, 2012
Custom Rom

extract the zip file to the folder where you've unpacked the img file and modified it. open terminal, change the directory to that folder and type in

./mkbootimg --cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' --kernel name-of-the-kernel --ramdisk name-of-the-ramdisk.gz -o recovery-new.img

thanks for your reply. I would also like to know how we can port any other rom to our device or create update.zip I have tried on many roms but unsuccessful.

ayush.gaud

Sep 28, 2012
unpack repack boot.img

I have tried this command it says could not load boot.img-kernal I think I need another tool(or script) for unpacking and repacking can you please upload the tool you have used.

I will soon upload romdump link.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I am new to this thread so can you please help me how to unpack repack boot.img I am getting error could not load kernel 'boot.img-kernal' I am trying to port custom roms so please help

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

New around here (xda-dev and Android hacking), so please be gentle if I ask a stupid question. Have read may recommendations that before flashing a new ROM, one should backup their current ROM and user-data, so that one can recover one's phone if it were to be bricked for some reason. However, looks like to be able to do that, you need to Root the device first. And this seems to be a vicious circle.

Wondering if some way of backing up original ROM exists, without needing to Root, and how did Sahil Deep / Indidevers manage to get the original boot.img !!

BTW, I am probably too sleep-deprived, because I cannot seem to find the "Thank" button !! Will definitely click it once I've had a chance to try out your method and succeeded. Until then (and until I find the darn button), please accept my gratitude.

I have romdump of A45 we can use psneuter and romdump to backup roms without root and same way we can root phone without any unsecure boot.img I did it the same way and succeeded.

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
Hi,

can u make a cwm recovery for a52 too???

arnabgharay

Aug 24, 2012
sonarpur,kolkata
hi i am using micromax a52 can u tell me...how to get clockwork recovery ...i tried to do it with builder colckworkmod.com...i got 4 file and.one named...recovery.img...what can i do now...i try to flash it with...uncle tool but...when i flash it it stuck on superfone aisha logo....plz help thnks in advance :):):):)

Sent from my A52 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

11. Let your A45 reboot.

Credits:

Sahil Deep, gave me a link to an original boot.img of A45

Micromax A45 xLoud,Bravia Engine,Beats Audio update.zip

Try my new MOD for Micromax A45 with xLoud Sony Bravia Engine and Beats Audio :):)

(Plz do a CWM backup before installing)

http ://d-h.st/PTd

Don't forget to say thanks:good::good::good:

UPDATE: (There is a bug in this update only SIM 1 works and locker changes )
    Micromax A45 stock rom

i got CWM now thnx fr dat tutorial...:D:D:D:D (it was d wrong scatter file )

now waiting fr d a45 update.zip......:D:D:D:D

Here's the stock rom for micromax a45. Wipe data,cache and Dalvik Cache before flashing it.
    micromax_a45.zip
    Custom recovery

yes i need update.zip but it should be flashable from stock recovery... cuz my fone.. is stuck at bootscreen and i only got stock recovery available..

Okay. I do have the update.zip file, but it CAN'T be flashed through stock recovery. Download the custom recovery from here and flash it using SP Flash Tool(Explained in the first post). Then you'll have ClockworkMod Recovery which allows you to flash this update.zip file. I will upload the update.zip by tomo.:D

Here's how to flash with SP Flash Tool[In case you didn't know how]:
    1. Download SP Flash Tool from here.[SPF Tool.zip]
    2. Download MT6573_Android_scatter.txt file from here.[MT6573_Android_scatter.txt]
    3. Download a45recovery.img from here.
    4. Extract SPF Tool.zip and Run Flash_tool.exe from there.
    5. Click File->Open Scatter-loading file and select the MT6573_Android_scatter.txt you downloaded.
    6. Now uncheck everything except RECOVERY. Click on recovery and select a45recovery.img you downloaded.
    7. Now turn off your Micromax A45, remove battery and put it back(DONT switch it back on).
    8. Press Download in the SP Flash Tool window, then When the countdown starts, connect your phone to PC.
    9. After it's done, disconnect the phone, remove battery and put it back. Boot the phone into Recovery mode, You should have Clockworkmod 5.8.:D
    CWM recovery for Micromax a45

Hi,