Merits of Kitkat ROMs

Search This thread

Nishad1982

Sep 8, 2013
Dubai
Could anyone outline the merits of Kitkat roms when compared to jelly beans? How is multitasking with Kitkat?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

RazaVakil7995

Jan 6, 2013
Mumbai
Could anyone outline the merits of Kitkat roms when compared to jelly beans? How is multitasking with Kitkat?

Kitkat roms are mostly based on cm and aosp, so they, apart from being faster due to improvements and support for art runtime, also have a slew of features such as pattern lockscreen upto 6 x 6, album art on lockscreen, and many more..

willi9070

May 24, 2013
there are many merits like others said but negative side effect is the poor battery backup no matter what rom you use , what settings or whats your usage pattern, you will surely experience faster battery drain
apart from only this everything is superior, faster and functional than earlier versions :)

Nishad1982

Sep 8, 2013
Dubai
there are many merits like others said but negative side effect is the poor battery backup no matter what rom you use , what settings or whats your usage pattern, you will surely experience faster battery drain
apart from only this everything is superior, faster and functional than earlier versions :)

You have to give away the juice for performance. That's okay. But what about multitasking on KK? Is it fast? Is it lagfree?

hannez_r

Jul 20, 2013

I don't experience any faster battery drain than on 4.1.2 official TW rom and on newer custom JB roms. Only on TW based HarshJelly i've got slightly better battery life.

CBatta

Feb 27, 2014

Well I've actually always experienced a very good battery backup with KK comparing to the old 4.1.2 stock I had, which was also very laggy.. Of course with some roms (I'm seeing it on PAC man) you will get lower battery life according to the optimization/weight of the system itself.

willi9070

May 24, 2013
Well I've actually always experienced a very good battery backup with KK comparing to the old 4.1.2 stock I had, which was also very laggy.. Of course with some roms (I'm seeing it on PAC man) you will get lower battery life according to the optimization/weight of the system itself.

its a known and accepted fact that kitkat conumes more battery then jb roms atleast on our device no point of arguement, but yes there maybe slight variation from rom to rom as i am using beanstalk its ginving me better battery backup then other kk roms which i have earlier used:)

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Last android version of android not mean the best.I always was changing roms.But why?Just pickup a rom which meet your needs.Even its a AOSP,you can customize it with xposed.For me, MIUI meets my needs,of course i want cpu and gpu oc on kernel for MIUI...About battery,every phone will get different results with every rom.Why? Because :
-like any battery,it become fat and this problem cant be solved by just changing rom / calibrating battery
-everyone use phone different = different tasks = different results

This is my opinion.

CBatta

Feb 27, 2014
its a known and accepted fact that kitkat conumes more battery then jb roms atleast on our device no point of arguement, but yes there maybe slight variation from rom to rom as i am using beanstalk its ginving me better battery backup then other kk roms which i have earlier used:)

I must say that my old 4.1.2 (ITV), the one before the december update, was very laggy/buggy and had a higher battery usage. That's a particular case of course, but it happened :)

Last edited:

gothique2k

Mar 17, 2009
Jakarta
My own experienced with Carbon 4.4.3 :
Everything is smooth, performance is better than stock 4.1.2 . battery drain fast, but i always have spare battery with desktop charger so for me it's no issue..

Also i OC my GPU lil bit with novathor tweak (built in from roms) . so gaming performance significantly increase too..

For multitasking, i prefer tweaking OOM by myself to suit my needs..
Personally i'm happy with this config...

rajag33

How is multitasking? Is it good? Is it smooth?

@Nishad1982 Yeah good for a bit of multitasking. But I don't understand why people worrying about multitasking in a mobile device. What they want? opening 15+ apps in the same time? I never had a need to open more than 4 or 5 apps at a time. But you really want to do heavy multitasking, then you can tweak the minfree memory values to suit your need. (lowering the minfree settings for all categories by one or two simple steps)

But always remember, we only have a device with 620+ user available ram. Good luck for your Carbon Rom experience. (BTW, a new build is released today)

Last edited:

Nishad1982

Sep 8, 2013
Dubai
@Nishad1982 Yeah good for a bit of multitasking. But I don't understand why people worrying about multitasking in a mobile device. What they want? opening 15+ apps in the same time? I never had a need to open more than 4 or 5 apps at a time. But you really want to do heavy multitasking, then you can tweak the minfree memory values to suit your need. (lowering the minfree settings for all categories by one or two simple steps)

But always remember, we only have a device with 620+ user available ram. Good luck for your Carbon Rom experience. (BTW, a new build is released today)
A bit of multitasking that all I need. I do not want my Dialer lag when I need to make an urgent call while doing other things like browsing.
And 620 MB is a huge RAM for a phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kitkat is supposed to be 17% faster than jelly bean.
    I must say that my old 4.1.2 (ITV), the one before the december update, was very laggy/buggy and had a higher battery usage. That's a particular case of course, but it happened :)

Stock UBLPK firmware has much improved in battery performance.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app
    @Nishad1982 probably you are using a stock jb based Rom. Hence you are talking about dialer lags. In carbon or any kitkat Rom, there is no dialer lag in particular. Carbon Rom is fluid, lagfree and at the same time very feature rich Rom. you can trust me.